The fake war on Christmas continues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 06:24 AM
The fake war on Christmas continues.
Look at the dishonest title....Here "Crowding Out"

http://journalstar.com/news/local/atheis...e=comments

"Taken Down" used in this title......Well yea, just like when you buy a movie ticket you still have to leave the theater to allow the next group to use it.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/13/nativi...e-capitol/

Now once again, others using the same government venue is not denial of your rights. But if theists insist on not sharing those venues with others then the only option is to keep all holiday displays NEUTRAL. Our country does not lack lawns on private property such as homes and churches that can be viewed from public roads in passing.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: The fake war on Christmas continues.
There's an old saying: You snooze, you lose.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I know I won't be loved here for my opinion on this but....

Isn't having only one POV represented what we were complaining about?

I dislike it when atheist lower themselves to a "theist douche move". Take the high road, we will win out in the end and it behooves us to be gracious about it in order to improve our public image. We complain that the majority of believers think us worse than rapists and then we act like children "neener-neener" and rub any progress in their faces. That gains us nothing. I prefer a positive secular approach.

What would've benefitted atheists/secularists more in the long run, IMO, is that they reserved the spaces and then graciously gave one up for the nativity. Or they could've made a poster of, "Peace on Earth, Goodwill Towards All".

When this argument first started I wanted only "none" but no, the majority of atheists felt that wasn't doable and that "all" would be easier done. Well, all is what we have but now many want "us" instead of them. Now, I say all or none. If we are represented than all should be. I still prefer none. Lets have an rotunda or courthouse grounds empty of personal opinions.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-12-2015, 12:33 PM
(14-12-2015 11:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I know I won't be loved here for my opinion on this but....

I dislike it when atheist lower themselves to a "theist douche move". Take the high road, we will win out in the end and it behooves us to be gracious about it in order to improve our public image. We complain that the majority of believers think us worse than rapists and then we act like children "neener-neener" and rub any progress in their faces. That gains us nothing. I prefer a positive secular approach.

What would've benefitted atheists/secularists more in the long run, IMO, is that they reserved the spaces and then graciously gave one up for the nativity. Or they could've made a poster of, "Peace on Earth, Goodwill Towards All".

When this argument first started I wanted only "none" but no, the majority of atheists felt that wasn't doable and that "all" would be easier done. Well, all is what we have but now many want "us" instead of them. Now, I say all or none. If we are represented than all should be. I still prefer none. Lets have an rotunda or courthouse grounds empty of personal opinions.

Speak for yourself....... I also hate it when atheists rightfully say it is not a club then pull the BS argument you just did hear about "public image".

That is as stupid to me as when Muslims say " Not all Muslims are terrorists", no shit. If we want believers to see us as individuals, then we also have to show them that we are not lock step sheep.

I am an atheist, but I am also not out to win a popularity contest. I can agree to strict non violence but I cannot agree to coddling the insecurities of religious bigotry or religious oppression of others. You are more than welcome to conduct yourself as you see fit. But I don't see all conversations as having a blanket script. IT DEPENDS on who and when and where and why. NOT either/or.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
14-12-2015, 12:55 PM
(14-12-2015 12:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 11:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I know I won't be loved here for my opinion on this but....

Speak for yourself....... I also hate it when atheists rightfully say it is not a club then pull the BS argument you just did hear about "public image".

I did. In fact I mentioned several times I was speaking only for myself. Thx.

14-12-2015, 01:06 PM
(14-12-2015 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Speak for yourself....... I also hate it when atheists rightfully say it is not a club then pull the BS argument you just did hear about "public image".

No you were not, because you used the term "public image".

Civility in the common law west isn't about being free from getting offended. Maybe you were not aware of POV yourself.

"Public image" if we want it to apply to everyone, then the importance isn't on word choice, but acts. Those acts that we deem as humans to be better are not based on lip service.

Again, the "public image" cop out dodge isn't an argument just used by atheists, Christians and Muslims use it too.

If we are part of the civil west, what matters isn't offending others, what matters is how you act when someone offends you.

If we want others to see us as individuals then scrap the word "public image". I get the empathy of the left, even liberal theists, I love my fellow humans who value non violence. I simply do not agree with slapping a blanket solution of walking on eggshells to avoid an uncomfortable conversation.

It is the same argument no matter if an atheist or Christian or Muslim makes it. I am fine with treating everyone as individuals. I will never be fine with all or nothing tactics which you did in using "Public image".

14-12-2015, 01:16 PM
(14-12-2015 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Speak for yourself....... I also hate it when atheists rightfully say it is not a club then pull the BS argument you just did hear about "public image".

As I am uncomfortable with interpersonal conflict, I have developed a tendency toward inappropriate humor as a coping mechanism. Therefore, in an attempt to resolve this conflict in which I have no part other than as a 3rd party observer nor any other good reason to involve myself unsolicited, I hereby invite you both to view photos of my tiny nipples. You're welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 5 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
14-12-2015, 01:33 PM
(14-12-2015 01:16 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I did. In fact I mentioned several times I was speaking only for myself. Thx.

As I am uncomfortable with interpersonal conflict, I have developed a tendency toward inappropriate humor as a coping mechanism. Therefore, in an attempt to resolve this conflict in which I have no part other than as a 3rd party observer nor any other good reason to involve myself unsolicited, I hereby invite you both to view photos of my tiny nipples. You're welcome!

You forgot the link.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
14-12-2015, 01:48 PM
(14-12-2015 01:33 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 01:16 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  As I am uncomfortable with interpersonal conflict, I have developed a tendency toward inappropriate humor as a coping mechanism. Therefore, in an attempt to resolve this conflict in which I have no part other than as a 3rd party observer nor any other good reason to involve myself unsolicited, I hereby invite you both to view photos of my tiny nipples. You're welcome!

You forgot the link.

I didn't think anyone would actually click on the link if I had provided it...

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
14-12-2015, 05:06 PM
(14-12-2015 01:16 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I did. In fact I mentioned several times I was speaking only for myself. Thx.

Woohoo! Nips!!!! Drooling

No worries, it takes two to conflict and I don't play that game. Discussions, yes, conflicts, nope. Smile