The fake war on Christmas continues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: The fake war on Christmas continues.
I am a member of the Lincoln Atheists. I can say firsthand the media coverage is much bigger than anybody expected. This, I think, is both good and bad. Good that it's getting the attention the powers that be wanted, bad because I've volunteered to fill a couple hours at the "Ask an Atheist" booth.

I am quite nervous.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Spooky's post
14-12-2015, 07:02 PM
(14-12-2015 07:00 PM)Spooky Wrote:  I am a member of the Lincoln Atheists. I can say firsthand the media coverage is much bigger than anybody expected. This, I think, is both good and bad. Good that it's getting the attention the powers that be wanted, bad because I've volunteered to fill a couple hours at the "Ask an Atheist" booth.

I am quite nervous.

Be polite and honest. You'll do great!
SmileSmileSmile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-12-2015, 07:06 PM
(14-12-2015 07:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 07:00 PM)Spooky Wrote:  I am a member of the Lincoln Atheists. I can say firsthand the media coverage is much bigger than anybody expected. This, I think, is both good and bad. Good that it's getting the attention the powers that be wanted, bad because I've volunteered to fill a couple hours at the "Ask an Atheist" booth.

I am quite nervous.

SmileSmileSmile

Thank you, I appreciate that.

14-12-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-12-2015 07:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

I am quite nervous.

SmileSmileSmile

Yup. Be pleasant. Don't allow yourself to get dragged into a controversial or adversarial situation. There will come a point where there is nothing you can say without calling the idiot a moron. That's when I cross my arms, raise my left eyebrow and stare at them without saying a word. They leave.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2015, 07:43 PM
(14-12-2015 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 07:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Be polite and honest. You'll do great!
SmileSmileSmile

Yup. Be pleasant. Don't allow yourself to get dragged into a controversial or adversarial situation. There will come a point where there is nothing you can say without calling the idiot a moron. That's when I cross my arms, raise my left eyebrow and stare at them without saying a word. They leave.

Is there a smilie for that... there should be. Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
14-12-2015, 07:50 PM

I am quite nervous.

What?! I'd love to do something like that.

You'll have fun!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-12-2015, 08:12 PM
(14-12-2015 07:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

I am quite nervous.

What?! I'd love to do something like that.

You'll have fun!

Hopefully Angel

14-12-2015, 08:28 PM
A link to a radio interview with one of our members:

KFAB Radio

14-12-2015, 08:52 PM
(14-12-2015 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 07:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Be polite and honest. You'll do great!
SmileSmileSmile

Laugh out load The infamous "Dad Glare"! When my sons were younger and cutting up at the dinner table, all I had to do was give that look, and the miscreant activity ceased on the spot. When I taught (high) school (math and physics), it was called the "We are not amused" look that the queen of England used. It worked there, too. But those kids were pretty tame, it being a private school that the parents were paying big bucks for.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
19-12-2015, 12:06 PM
It has turned out to be a wonderful display by 8 distinct groups. Very well put together, I'm happy to be a part of this event.

Wish you all were here. I'll be sure to take many pictures.