The false equivalency of Israeli apartheid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 05:15 PM
The false equivalency of Israeli apartheid
Watching the news right now it's easy to be confused about the situation in Israel. Israel - who has had a perpetual blockade of the Palestinian territories for years now - is "fearful" about several hundred rockets coming from Palestinians (most of which have been destroyed mid-air by their missile-defense system). What do they do about this fear? They send ground troops into Gaza. Israelis are occupying Palestinian territory that was stolen (a-la Trail of Tears) and oppressing the people. Palestinians cannot vote in Israeli elections, cannot import building supplies, and have no representation in the Israeli parliament. Their hospitals, schools, mosques, and housing complexes are routinely targeted by Israeli gunships.

You hear a lot about how Palestinians say they want to destroy Israel, and to be honest I cannot blame them in the slightest. If I had witnessed the oppression and apartheid that the Palestinian people had, I'd probably want to destroy the state apparatus that perpetrated those crimes as well.

Why do you guys think that is? Why is it okay for Israelis to kill Palestinians and to use their religious rhetoric to do so, but when Palestinians stage futile efforts at asymmetric warfare it's called terrorism and murder? Here are my theories:
  • Palestinians tend to have darker skin. We don't really care for the darker skinned people in the American media, not unless they have money or political power.
  • Palestinians tend to be Muslims, and it seems like it's "open season" on Muslims politically speaking.
  • Israelis are richer and more powerful, so they win the day because they control a majority consensus.
  • America - due its own imperialist goals and gains - sympathizes with Israel as they have similar imperialist aims.
  • American Christianity - since the 1960s - seems as though they have fetishized Judaism, and now defend it so long as it maintains some sort of right-wing orthodoxy that reinforces their romantic ideas about the Christ times.
  • Good old American military strategy.
  • Did I mention that Palestinians tend to have brown skin?
What do you think? Am I way off?

~ themanchicken
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: The false equivalency of Israeli apartheid
Israel is like and independent colony, kind of like other countries still are to european/american interests.

Israel is the last old school colony, old school because it was done the old school european way by basically taking europeans with european customs and placing them in a different land to settle in. Israel was created the same way any other european colony was created. It has been and still is viewed in this way by most people in the middle east.
Find all posts by this user
16-11-2012, 05:33 PM
(16-11-2012 05:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Israel is like and independent colony, kind of like other countries still are to european/american interests.

Israel is the last old school colony, old school because it was done the old school european way by basically taking europeans with european customs and placing them in a different land to settle in. Israel was created the same way any other european colony was created. It has been and still is viewed in this way by most people in the middle east.
I agree, except that I really think we cannot ignore the Judaeo/Christian religious rhetoric which white-washes this apartheid state.

~ themanchicken
16-11-2012, 07:16 PM
(16-11-2012 05:33 PM)themanchicken Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 05:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Israel is like and independent colony, kind of like other countries still are to european/american interests.

I agree, except that I really think we cannot ignore the Judaeo/Christian religious rhetoric which white-washes this apartheid state.
well they are european so they will have european views on other cultures so to Israelis and many white nations with european descent racist appartheid is accepted if it's veiled by other things like religion. It is also important to note that Israel was the last hardcore supporter of the appartheid government in South Africa even when most countries were boycotting the south african government the Israelis stood by the racist government.

It is also important to note that zionist groups and nazis supported each others cause as they saw it as good policy to keep races separate of course except for the killing part, the removal of jewish people and placing them in another area is actually a nazi/zionist idea that for some reason after ww2 was fulfilled.
16-11-2012, 07:18 PM
(16-11-2012 07:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 05:33 PM)themanchicken Wrote:  I agree, except that I really think we cannot ignore the Judaeo/Christian religious rhetoric which white-washes this apartheid state.
well they are european so they will have european views on other cultures so to Israelis and many white nations with european descent racist appartheid is accepted if it's veiled by other things like religion. It is also important to note that Israel was the last hardcore supporter of the appartheid government in South Africa even when most countries were boycotting the south african government the Israelis stood by the racist government.

It is also important to note that zionist groups and nazis supported each others cause as they saw it as good policy to keep races separate of course except for the killing part, the removal of jewish people and placing them in another area is actually a nazi/zionist idea that for some reason after ww2 was fulfilled.
check this book out

http://middleeastatemporal.wordpress.com...ment-1933/
16-11-2012, 09:02 PM
(16-11-2012 05:15 PM)themanchicken Wrote:  Watching the news right now it's easy to be confused about the situation in Israel. Israel - who has had a perpetual blockade of the Palestinian territories for years now - is "fearful" about several hundred rockets coming from Palestinians (most of which have been destroyed mid-air by their missile-defense system). What do they do about this fear? They send ground troops into Gaza. Israelis are occupying Palestinian territory that was stolen (a-la Trail of Tears) and oppressing the people. Palestinians cannot vote in Israeli elections, cannot import building supplies, and have no representation in the Israeli parliament. Their hospitals, schools, mosques, and housing complexes are routinely targeted by Israeli gunships.

You hear a lot about how Palestinians say they want to destroy Israel, and to be honest I cannot blame them in the slightest. If I had witnessed the oppression and apartheid that the Palestinian people had, I'd probably want to destroy the state apparatus that perpetrated those crimes as well.

Why do you guys think that is? Why is it okay for Israelis to kill Palestinians and to use their religious rhetoric to do so, but when Palestinians stage futile efforts at asymmetric warfare it's called terrorism and murder? Here are my theories:
  • Palestinians tend to have darker skin. We don't really care for the darker skinned people in the American media, not unless they have money or political power.
  • Palestinians tend to be Muslims, and it seems like it's "open season" on Muslims politically speaking.
  • Israelis are richer and more powerful, so they win the day because they control a majority consensus.
  • America - due its own imperialist goals and gains - sympathizes with Israel as they have similar imperialist aims.
  • American Christianity - since the 1960s - seems as though they have fetishized Judaism, and now defend it so long as it maintains some sort of right-wing orthodoxy that reinforces their romantic ideas about the Christ times.
Ohh sure. Israelis are "fearful" of a couple hundred of little old "rockets" blowing up over a weekend. Those silly gooses. No

Are you really that obtuse?
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
16-11-2012, 09:15 PM
(16-11-2012 09:02 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 05:15 PM)themanchicken Wrote:  Watching the news right now it's easy to be confused about the situation in Israel. Israel - who has had a perpetual blockade of the Palestinian territories for years now - is "fearful" about several hundred rockets coming from Palestinians (most of which have been destroyed mid-air by their missile-defense system). What do they do about this fear? They send ground troops into Gaza. Israelis are occupying Palestinian territory that was stolen (a-la Trail of Tears) and oppressing the people. Palestinians cannot vote in Israeli elections, cannot import building supplies, and have no representation in the Israeli parliament. Their hospitals, schools, mosques, and housing complexes are routinely targeted by Israeli gunships.

Ohh sure. Israelis are "fearful" of a couple hundred of little old "rockets" blowing up over a weekend. Those silly gooses. No

ahh goin old school on us "it's all the Palestinians fault" bit. That is an oldie but goodie.

See, in fantasy land there are bad guys and good guys, not so much like that in the real world.
16-11-2012, 09:23 PM
(16-11-2012 09:02 PM)BryanS Wrote:  

You do know that the *VAST* majority of those rockets blew up in their missile defense, and that the ones that made it through managed to do no more than property damage, you know that too, right?

Are you familiar with the term "asymmetric warfare?"

When people are occupied, evicted, and murdered, resistance by any means necessary is justified.

~ themanchicken
16-11-2012, 09:25 PM
(16-11-2012 09:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 09:02 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Ohh sure. Israelis are "fearful" of a couple hundred of little old "rockets" blowing up over a weekend. Those silly gooses. No

ahh goin old school on us "it's all the Palestinians fault" bit. That is an oldie but goodie.

See, in fantasy land there are bad guys and good guys, not so much like that in the real world.
Didn't you hear? Killing is only wrong if you've got brown skin or worship the wrong god or the right god in the wrong way.

~ themanchicken
16-11-2012, 09:30 PM
That Iron Dome thing isn't doing so well, note to self: don't buy Israeli made condoms.

Israeli ground troops can barely handle starving poor people in palestine, let alone Hezbollah or Iran.

Israel needs to hurry up and attack lebenon or Iran so we can just end this bullshit of a racist nation.