The false gap between reality and perception.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: The false gap between reality and perception.
(04-10-2012 11:33 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 11:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You're a liar then. Knowing what an optical illusion is doesn't change anything at it's effect. Just like knowing what a hallucination is doesn't stop them from appearing when, for example, using certain drugs.

[Image: optical_illusions_bulge-thumb-520x522-57.png]

[Image: 800px-cafe-wall.svg.png]

[Image: optical-illusion2.jpg]

I know that I am perceiving something that isn't happening, that is the reality of my experience when I looked at that picture and yes my knowledge of the difference between what is or isn't an illusion changes the reality of our experience. If someone knows that they are remembering a bear attack, the reality of this memory and reflection on past events doesn't have the same affect of the actual event.
Are you trying to say the circles were spinning?

The fact is, in time, the bear attacked, and you have scratches to prove that something, apart from what goes on in your brain, actually did happen.
This IS objective reality. It must be nice to think, like all the woo woo believers out there, that you will not actually die, and that that too, is just perception.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: The false gap between reality and perception. - Bucky Ball - 04-10-2012 11:57 AM