The far-reaching consequences of a Trump presidency

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 08:04 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
The far-reaching consequences of a Trump presidency
Some that immediately come to mind:

1. No more election rules. Trump got a lot of support because he wasn't running as a politician and he "told it like it is", i.e. "he said whatever the fuck he wanted". As a result conservative candidates will no longer be afraid to say whatever the fuck they want to. They will see what a great success Trump's "strategy" was, and go from there.

2. It appears America will shift further to the right in the coming years due to high distrust of the democratic party. Unless the democratic party changes their strategy drastically, like finding some political outsider, they'll have no chance in an election. They want Tim Kaine for 2020, which means Trump will win in 2020. It's going to be a while before we see another democratic president.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: The far-reaching consequences of a Trump presidency
(13-11-2016 07:57 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Some that immediately come to mind:

1. No more election rules. Trump got a lot of support because he wasn't running as a politician and he "told it like it is", i.e. "he said whatever the fuck he wanted". As a result conservative candidates will no longer be afraid to say whatever the fuck they want to. They will see what a great success Trump's "strategy" was, and go from there.

Like this.

[Image: toles01062016.jpg&w=1484]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
13-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Trump is a complete wild card. It could end up much better than we think because he might revolt against his own party which will now muzzle him. He no likey being muzzled.

Or it could end up much worse.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2016, 09:06 AM
(13-11-2016 08:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump is a complete wild card. It could end up much better than we think because he might revolt against his own party which will now muzzle him. He no likey being muzzled.

And why doesn't this bother the people who voted for him?

They have no fucking CLUE what kind of president he will be because he lied, lied, lied all through his campaign and no one knew WTF to believe. They just knew he hated the right people, so they voted for him.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
13-11-2016, 09:19 AM
(13-11-2016 08:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump is a complete wild card. It could end up much better than we think because he might revolt against his own party which will now muzzle him. He no likey being muzzled.

At this point I am assuming the worst. It's my default expectation for people I don't trust. I know for a fact that he has a lot to hide in his tax returns. He has lowered the bar on many levels.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
13-11-2016, 09:49 AM
(13-11-2016 09:19 AM)tomilay Wrote:  

At this point I am assuming the worst. It's my default expectation for people I don't trust. I know for a fact that he has a lot to hide in his tax returns. He has lowered the bar on many levels.

Somebody needs to leak his tax return, if we are going to live in a climate of leaking things.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-11-2016, 10:02 AM
(13-11-2016 09:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 09:19 AM)tomilay Wrote:  At this point I am assuming the worst. It's my default expectation for people I don't trust. I know for a fact that he has a lot to hide in his tax returns. He has lowered the bar on many levels.

Somebody needs to leak his tax return, if we are going to live in a climate of leaking things.

Yep. Who knows? There might be grounds in there for impeachment.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post