The finality of death is not a good thing to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: The finality of death is not a good thing to me
(16-12-2016 02:04 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  Love and happiness is something that would never grow tired with me. I just simply think that what you've said does not apply to me. I honestly am truly convinced that an eternal blissful life where I can get everything I want will always be the greatest life and will never lose any value.
Honestly, what is unconditional love?
Let's say everyone loves you. Whenever you pass them by, they tell you how much they love you. It gets to the point where a short walk takes an age because you are stopped by everyone who is bursting with love for you and cannot bear another moment longer of not telling you how much they love you.

Eventually you'll want to wear a disguise or something.
You might even want to punch someone in the face just to get a different dynamic from people, but then the guy say, "wow, I love how you punch"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 02:18 PM
(16-12-2016 02:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 02:04 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  Love and happiness is something that would never grow tired with me. I just simply think that what you've said does not apply to me. I honestly am truly convinced that an eternal blissful life where I can get everything I want will always be the greatest life and will never lose any value.
Honestly, what is unconditional love?
Let's say everyone loves you. Whenever you pass them by, they tell you how much they love you. It gets to the point where a short walk takes an age because you are stopped by everyone who is bursting with love for you and cannot bear another moment longer of not telling you how much they love you.

Eventually you'll want to wear a disguise or something.
You might even want to punch someone in the face just to get a different dynamic from people, but then the guy say, "wow, I love how you punch"

I am just talking about the love I would have for my eternal family or girlfriend. If my soulmate truly is a genuine one, then I would never grow tired of her and my love would last for all eternity for her.
16-12-2016, 02:22 PM
The finality of death is not a good thing to me
Just be happy that you will die and not exist anymore. Life sucks anyway doesn't it?
16-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Like Anjele said. There is no if. Death is the end. Stop being a brat and face it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-12-2016, 03:59 PM
(16-12-2016 12:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Death is final...there is no 'if'.

Of course not . How do you know ? It's not the end. Atleast for me. I'm the reincarnation of CHUCK NORRIS.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
16-12-2016, 04:01 PM
(16-12-2016 05:40 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 05:33 AM)Leo Wrote:  I'm the reincarnation of CHUCK NORRIS. Death isn't real.

Umm...the first incarnation of Chuck Norris isn't dead yet. Drinking Beverage

Death doesn't have the balls to tell me yet.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
16-12-2016, 05:33 PM
(16-12-2016 03:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  Like Anjele said. There is no if.

[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-12-2016, 05:46 PM
(16-12-2016 12:02 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 07:57 AM)Serpent Speech Wrote:  The finality of death, or living in some fantastical eternal bliss, shouldn't impact the value someone places on their life; or prevent them from living a fulfilling one. Concerning yourself with these types of things...or whining about them...will lead you nowhere; as it is something you cannot control.

How do you know you wouldn't grow bored, and eventually go insane? Have you tried living for eternity before?

That's a personal problem that you need to sort out, then.

I, and many others, do not have any issues carrying out valuable, fulfilling lives, knowing that it will all come to a close some day. Of course, I could deceive myself into thinking there's a glorious, blissful, eternal life waiting for me after death...but really, that's just wishful thinking; and stupid.

We are born. We live. We die. Deal with it.

If death were final, I would be quite angry and disappointed with myself since I am nothing more than some biological process that is here for a short time just to forever decay when I die. That would make me angry at myself and look down upon myself even though it is not my fault and is not something I can control.

If death were final, then I might as well just throw myself away and forever be gone then. That is how angry at myself I would be. I would view myself as worthless and would think to myself that I might as well just be thrown away and decay away.

The only life of value to me is a life where I can get what I want. Life must always work out in my favor. If I can't get what I want, then that is when I would give up, throw myself away, and allow the organisms to decay me. It does not matter how much my family would grieve for me or anything else. As long as I can't get what I want, then I would give up on life entirely and throw myself away.

That's a.... perspective you can have.

I doubt many here share it.

For myself, we are whoever we are now, and that alone should be enough to consider ourselves worthwhile... and if it isn't, then it's time to reach for a higher standard so that it becomes enough. Regardless of whether there's an afterlife or not, regardless of whether we're mortal or not.

That said, I again must ask, what basis is there for believing in an afterlife? Most of your thoughts regarding an afterlife seem to revolve wishful thinking -- more about whether you want it to be true, rather than whether there is a good basis for thinking it is true. Unless you think the two are the same?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
16-12-2016, 06:23 PM
When you're dead you don't know you're dead because you don't exist. Before you were born did you sit around thinking, "gee, I'm not born. I'm not alive." .....did you?

You didn't exist for ba-zillions of years with no problem, you won't exist again....with no problem.

The other thing to look forward to is not having to pay any taxes. You get to let the next generation of poor schmucks pay taxes. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-12-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 09:18 PM by bemore.)
(15-12-2016 02:23 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  Some people view the finality of death as making this one and only life more valuable. But not me. I crave eternal bliss. It has to be the type of eternal blissful life I want though, otherwise it will be of no value to me.

Now if I were someone who would eventually grow tired, bored, or even insane from living an eternal blissful life where such a life would eventually lose all its value, then I would be grateful for death.

I would view death as making this life more valuable and I would be very optimistic about that. But I am not that type of person. Therefore, the finality of death is a very bad thing to me. I view it in a very pessimistic manner and this pessimism hinders my enjoyment and value in this life I have.

If death were final, I would be quite angry and disappointed with myself since I am nothing more than some biological process that is here for a short time just to forever decay when I die. That would make me angry at myself and look down upon myself even though it is not my fault and is not something I can control.

If death were final, then I might as well just throw myself away and forever be gone then. That is how angry at myself I would be. I would view myself as worthless and would think to myself that I might as well just be thrown away and decay away.

The only life of value to me is a life where I can get what I want. Life must always work out in my favor. If I can't get what I want, then that is when I would give up, throw myself away, and allow the organisms to decay me. It does not matter how much my family would grieve for me or anything else. As long as I can't get what I want, then I would give up on life entirely and throw myself away.

You have no power over dying, you do have power though over how you live your life now, in this present moment.

Maybe your lucky. Maybe you will only know how precious life is to you when your existence is threatened.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post