The finality of death is not a good thing to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 02:59 PM
RE: The finality of death is not a good thing to me
(20-12-2016 11:28 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  What part of what you quoted gave you the idea that I give a single glorious fuck about you or what you are trying to say?

Your question asked why I am posting this shit again.

No it did not, you continue to mistake me talking about your stupid shit as me talking to you. That is not the case. I don't care why you say the stupid things you do, only that you are vomiting the same tired bullshit.

You have said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I don't care why.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 03:17 PM
(20-12-2016 02:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:28 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  Your question asked why I am posting this shit again.

No it did not, you continue to mistake me talking about your stupid shit as me talking to you. That is not the case. I don't care why you say the stupid things you do, only that you are vomiting the same tired bullshit.

You have said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I don't care why.

And I will continue to come back here even many years from now and post the same thing.
20-12-2016, 03:43 PM
(20-12-2016 03:17 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No it did not, you continue to mistake me talking about your stupid shit as me talking to you. That is not the case. I don't care why you say the stupid things you do, only that you are vomiting the same tired bullshit.

And I will continue to come back here even many years from now and post the same thing.

Are you under the assumption that being a tedious cunt is not as bad if you're consistently a tedious cunt? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
20-12-2016, 03:45 PM
(20-12-2016 03:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:17 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  And I will continue to come back here even many years from now and post the same thing.

Are you under the assumption that being a tedious cunt is not as bad if you're consistently a tedious cunt? Drinking Beverage

Consistency matters.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-12-2016, 11:56 PM
(20-12-2016 03:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Are you under the assumption that being a tedious cunt is not as bad if you're consistently a tedious cunt? Drinking Beverage

Consistency matters.
Consistency matters both in Mozartlinks posts and in one's shits, but there...I do repeat myself.

21-12-2016, 11:27 AM
(15-12-2016 02:39 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I think it was Hitchens that said something like:

"The worst thing about dying isn't that one day the party will end... it's that you will have to leave knowing that the party will keep going on without you."

That's exactly what bothers me about it. I've always disliked things like that, going home before other kids or missing out on some event, etc.

At the OP:

I am an atheist, but I also dislike death. Well I guess everybody does at some level, although I always hear (mostly) older people coming to terms with it, and probably I will as well. I still don't like the idea of ceasing to exist, however, it's too much fun around here!

In any case, whether I like it or not, my own intellectual honesty forces me to accept the — at least apparent — reality that when I'm dead, I'm dead. Speaking theoretically, if there was a possibility in the future to transfer your mind to something more durable, I might consider it. Of course like I said, this is very theoretical and also quite vague (and quite sci-fi like lol), I don't think that's going to happen very soon, but the point I'm trying to make is that, at least for now, I'm not fond of the idea that I will have to go.

So I just hope it happens as late as possible.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
21-12-2016, 11:42 AM
(21-12-2016 11:27 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 02:39 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I think it was Hitchens that said something like:

"The worst thing about dying isn't that one day the party will end... it's that you will have to leave knowing that the party will keep going on without you."

That's exactly what bothers me about it. I've always disliked things like that, going home before other kids or missing out on some event, etc.

At the OP:

I am an atheist, but I also dislike death. Well I guess everybody does at some level, although I always hear (mostly) older people coming to terms with it, and probably I will as well. I still don't like the idea of ceasing to exist, however, it's too much fun around here!

In any case, whether I like it or not, my own intellectual honesty forces me to accept the — at least apparent — reality that when I'm dead, I'm dead. Speaking theoretically, if there was a possibility in the future to transfer your mind to something more durable, I might consider it. Of course like I said, this is very theoretical and also quite vague (and quite sci-fi like lol), I don't think that's going to happen very soon, but the point I'm trying to make is that, at least for now, I'm not fond of the idea that I will have to go.

So I just hope it happens as late as possible.
I'm actually at considerable peace with it in comparison to my attitude as a believer. Knowing I return to the state I was in before birth is hugely comforting but I know what you mean in respect of missing out on observing things like important history making world events and technological development's etc, but mostly at peace, just as well really considering my possible diagnosis come the new year.
21-12-2016, 11:51 AM
(21-12-2016 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm actually at considerable peace with it in comparison to my attitude as a believer. Knowing I return to the state I was in before birth is hugely comforting but I know what you mean in respect of missing out on observing things like important history making world events and technological development's etc, but mostly at peace, just as well really considering my possible diagnosis come the new year.

Wait what? What diagnosis? Good luck!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
21-12-2016, 11:58 AM
(21-12-2016 11:51 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm actually at considerable peace with it in comparison to my attitude as a believer. Knowing I return to the state I was in before birth is hugely comforting but I know what you mean in respect of missing out on observing things like important history making world events and technological development's etc, but mostly at peace, just as well really considering my possible diagnosis come the new year.

Wait what? What diagnosis? Good luck!

I have a really dodgy mole on my leg (docs words not mine) and its got worse in the last few days and now crusts over and sloughs continuously waiting to have it removed and then we'll see for sure, but the chance of malignancy is very high I've been told.
21-12-2016, 02:22 PM
(21-12-2016 11:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 11:51 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Wait what? What diagnosis? Good luck!

I have a really dodgy mole on my leg (docs words not mine) and its got worse in the last few days and now crusts over and sloughs continuously waiting to have it removed and then we'll see for sure, but the chance of malignancy is very high I've been told.

What the hell. Take care! Hope it's a false alarm.

孤独 - The Out Crowd