The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 09:30 PM by theBorg.)
Heart The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
INTRODUCTION:

Quote: "Fine tuning is an additional argument and also provides more strength to my point, but I refer to the more general teleology that can be found in nature, something like the fifth way of Saint Thomas or the argument of nomic regularity of Swinburne; any causal order already requires an order of explanation that can not be purely fortuitous, and can not explain all this only through natural laws - after all, the natural laws themselves are merely descriptive, describe the order of final causes and regularities we observe in nature. Fine tuning, which is another argument, also provides an additional support to what I said - not just the universe brings order in its foundation (which could be observed even if the whole reality only involved two poles attracting or repelling regularly for example), but it brings an absurdly rare order that allowed the appearance of some kind of life as we, against absolutely overwhelming majority of hostile scenarios to any existence of life in any space."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nce-of-god

theBorg PROPOSAL:

The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P. But the remaining atheists could try to find the defense of the organization (P.S. the global atheism is organized through the internet: you all are asking for advise, or share it here, when a Christian is debating with you). Let us see. The humanity is used to broad range of temperatures, atmospheric pressure, wind velocities, etc. The only problem of fine-tuning argument is the death (so called "natural" death of the humans, or a violent one), but this is rejected by the belief in the original sin. Can we find anything, what is hostile to human life? Or at least to find that it must be (and, what is important, can be) "better fine-tuned"?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(20-10-2016 09:27 PM)theBorg Wrote:  INTRODUCTION:

Quote: "Fine tuning is an additional argument and also provides more strength to my point, but I refer to the more general teleology that can be found in nature, something like the fifth way of Saint Thomas or the argument of nomic regularity of Swinburne; any causal order already requires an order of explanation that can not be purely fortuitous, and can not explain all this only through natural laws - after all, the natural laws themselves are merely descriptive, describe the order of final causes and regularities we observe in nature. Fine tuning, which is another argument, also provides an additional support to what I said - not just the universe brings order in its foundation (which could be observed even if the whole reality only involved two poles attracting or repelling regularly for example), but it brings an absurdly rare order that allowed the appearance of some kind of life as we, against absolutely overwhelming majority of hostile scenarios to any existence of life in any space."

theBorg PROPOSAL:

The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P. But the remaining atheists could try to find the defense of the organization (P.S. the global atheism is organized through the internet: you all are asking for advise, or share it here, when a Christian is debating with you). Let us see. The humanity is used to broad range of temperatures, atmospheric pressure, wind velocities, etc. The main problem of fine-tuning argument is the death (so called "natural" death of the humans, or a violent one), but this is rejected by the belief in the original sin. Can we find anything, what is hostile to human life? Or at least to find that it must be (and, what is important, can be) "better fine-tuned"?
[Image: jstewnoonecares.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 13 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-10-2016, 09:32 PM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
Now I know you don't know fuck-all about astrophysics, theBorg. The universe is fine-tuned for the production of black holes, not for the production of video-spamming ninnies who think that bread magically changes into human flesh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 21 users Like Astreja's post
20-10-2016, 09:32 PM
This song is called "Alice's Restaurant." It's about Alice,
20-10-2016, 09:36 PM
The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

theBorg PROPOSAL:

The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P. But the remaining atheists could try to find the defense of the organization (P.S. the global atheism is organized through the internet: you all are asking for advise, or share it here, when a Christian is debating with you). Let us see. The humanity is used to broad range of temperatures, atmospheric pressure, wind velocities, etc. The only problem of fine-tuning argument is the death (so called "natural" death of the humans, or a violent one), but this is rejected by the belief in the original sin. Can we find anything, what is hostile to human life? Or at least to find that it must be (and, what is important, can be) "better fine-tuned"?

Do you believe any of this crap?
20-10-2016, 09:37 PM
...and her restaurant.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Well shit if you are simply going to copy paste your spam from the other thread I’ll do too.

Oh Borgy, it’s not that you are so wrong, it is the frequency that is startling.

Read this and see if you understand the lesson of the parable.

“This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'

This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.” ~ Douglas Adams

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post

theBorg PROPOSAL:

The fine tuning argument commits the fallacy of the stolen concept by attempting to use logic to prove a conclusion that affirms the primacy of consciousness. Logic rests exclusively on the primacy of existence. It is invalid and also self refuting. It uses logic to undermine logic. Next.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
but "Alice's Restaurant" is not the name of the restaurant,
That's just the name of the song.
20-10-2016, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 09:59 PM by theBorg.)
(20-10-2016 09:32 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Now I know you don't know fuck-all about astrophysics, theBorg. The universe is fine-tuned for the production of black holes, ........

How many humans were killed by the black holes? None. The BH are not the problem of humanity: just fly around the "horrible" thing!