The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(22-10-2016 10:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 09:54 PM)theBorg Wrote:  2) I am not sinning with my mother.

Interesting share.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-10-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(22-10-2016 11:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 10:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting share.

Wow, I totally didn't catch that, the first time through.

I read his "I am not sinning with my mother" the way he meant it, as in "I am not having the dirty dirty filthy evil my-chuch-says-it's-bad sin of sex with anyone, especially not my mother"

... but that totally reads as "It is not a sin when I do it with my mother."

How did I miss that? Laugh out load

How beautifully ironic-- in his attempt to play the part of purity, he accidentally said something much more foul than what he was trying to avoid.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-10-2016, 11:36 AM
(23-10-2016 08:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 11:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Wow, I totally didn't catch that, the first time through.

I read his "I am not sinning with my mother" the way he meant it, as in "I am not having the dirty dirty filthy evil my-chuch-says-it's-bad sin of sex with anyone, especially not my mother"

How beautifully ironic-- in his attempt to play the part of purity, he accidentally said something much more foul than what he was trying to avoid.

Not really, though. In post #157, you called him a dense motherfucker. He was just taking that more literally than you meant it, and denying the charge. I got a chuckle out of it, but he's not making any sordid confessions.
23-10-2016, 01:04 PM
(23-10-2016 11:36 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 08:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, I totally didn't catch that, the first time through.

Not really, though. In post #157, you called him a dense motherfucker. He was just taking that more literally than you meant it, and denying the charge. I got a chuckle out of it, but he's not making any sordid confessions.

Yeah, that's how I read it the first time, not seeing it had another potential meaning.

And, of course, arguing over whether one is actually having sex with one's mother when someone calls you a "dense motherfucker" makes you one seriously dense motherfucker!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-10-2016, 01:14 PM
(23-10-2016 11:36 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 08:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, I totally didn't catch that, the first time through.

Is "motherfucker" limited to one's own mater? Surely it can be the mother of another?

Big Grin

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
06-03-2017, 03:14 PM
(21-10-2016 01:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Once upon a time, there was a teacher in a classroom with high school students. One day the teacher makes an offhand comment about Santa Claus not being real, most of the students laugh, but there is one student that doesn't laugh.

After class is over, the student approaches the teacher and says that he knows that Santa is real, because he receives presents from him.

The teacher finds this rather discomforting because this student is 18 years old, a student of this age should know better. So the teacher takes it upon himself to show the naive student how ridiculous it is for a man in a sleigh to fit a billion presents going to children on a sleigh. He shows how ridiculous it is to think that these presents could be delivered in a single night. The speed that Santa would move would create sonic booms of such severity he would literally flatten the houses of every kid that got a present.

After the teacher gets through showing just how ridiculous the idea of Santa is, the student says to the teacher- "You musn't question Santa or you will be on his naughty list!"

The teacher calls the school psychiatrist.....

Yup.

This is right up there with the two middle school girls who attempted to murder their friend to appease their all-powerful, invisible overseer...Slender Man. Pre-trial, they were sent for psychiatric evaluation because of their errant beliefs.

The irony here is breathtaking...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man_stabbing

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 4 users Like A. Secular Human's post
06-03-2017, 07:15 PM
> Proof positive that Borgs do not think for themselves.
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
06-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Ban this fuck.
23-03-2017, 06:13 PM
(20-10-2016 10:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And so will dihydrogen monoxide if you fly into comparable masses of it,

The humanity is equipped by legs and mind, not to go into dangerous places. The dangerous places is not problem of humanity. Thus, the fine-tuning still remains to defeat the atheism.

Borg, your post doesn't make any sense. I note a tendency you have to make some peripheral statement as if you had addressed the substance of the poster, like:

Atheist: Moses committed murder in the bible.
Borg: He carried a staff.
Atheist: ??????????????
23-03-2017, 06:21 PM
(20-10-2016 11:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  A God who claims to be just but at the same time justifies cruel actions by appealing to inherited .........

Are you over the True God to judge the Almighty One? Are you a god?

Ah, the inevitable "mysterious ways" argument, the last resort of the debater faced with losing.

Do you think it is a reasonable and true assumption that say, a grandchild should not be held accountable for the evil deeds of the grandfather? If you agree, then you cannot condone god's actions, and you must conclude either he does not exist, or he is not Omni-belevolent.

Or will you duck this conclusion like you do all the ones you are uncomfortable with?

Sorry if I seem a bit testy, but I don't have high hopes I will receive a rational answer. Please renew my faith in humanity.
[+] 1 user Likes Lao Tzu's post