The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(20-10-2016 10:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The humanity is equipped by legs and mind, not to go into dangerous places. The dangerous places is not problem of humanity. Thus, the fine-tuning still remains to defeat the atheism.

Clearly with a substance as incomparably fatal as DHMO, even if the universe were fine-tuned as you allege, it was certainly not for human benefit. Remember, 100% fatality.

Remember: do not put plastic bag on your head! And you will survive longer. And do not fall from the hight, do not drink acid, do not fly into the Sun, do not burn your body, etc. Then these won't be the problems for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(20-10-2016 10:13 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Adolf Hitler has murdered millions. The damn Satan has murdered billions.

I see you don't know your Bible very well, either. IIRC, Satan just killed a handful of people -- Job's 7 sons and 3 daughters, and some servants -- and did it with the permission of your evil god.
God said " yeah man go ahead, my arm's getting tired"
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
20-10-2016, 10:35 PM
(20-10-2016 10:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  .................
If I am so finely tuned, why do I have a cancer that exists through no fault of my own???

ORIGINAL SIN. See the article in Wikipedia.
20-10-2016, 10:40 PM
(20-10-2016 10:35 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
If I am so finely tuned, why do I have a cancer that exists through no fault of my own???

You're so funny.

It's kind of sad.

Let me see, if you had a child and another child did something bad and your child was punished, would you be upset?

Oh and remember, Satan is the servant of god. You act so stupid I wonder if you're a poe?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-10-2016, 10:41 PM

Dear Borg.

While I understand English is not your first or main language but please be aware that Banjo is currently suffering and you should perhaps try using your language better?
20-10-2016, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 11:29 AM by Astreja.)
(20-10-2016 10:35 PM)theBorg Wrote:  ORIGINAL SIN. See the article in Wikipedia.

Original Sin? No, I abolished that near the end of December 1999 2000. I made the proclamation while I was Queen of Earth, taking a soak in the bathtub late one Thursday night.

(ETA: Corrected the year, as I mis-remembered the date but do recall clearly which bathtub in which house. In December 1999 I was busy fending off Y2K nuttiness in My IT job.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
20-10-2016, 10:49 PM

Well, duh. It was either "original sin", "the devil made me do it" or "mysterious ways". The Holey Trinity of Excuses.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-10-2016, 10:50 PM
A God who claims to be just but at the same time justifies cruel actions by appealing to inherited guilt from the crime of the father *eating a fucking apple*. Which all-knowing God must have known would happen in the first place.

Yeah, Borg, you and your God can go fellate each other. The rest of us will progress. You will be the beneficiary of that progress. But you won't have contributed a single useful idea to it. You will have tried in vain to hold it back.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
20-10-2016, 11:47 PM
(20-10-2016 10:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  A God who claims to be just but at the same time justifies cruel actions by appealing to inherited .........

Are you over the True God to judge the Almighty One? Are you a god?

20-10-2016, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 11:58 PM by Astreja.)
(20-10-2016 11:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Are you a god?

Well, I am. However, I remain agnostic of My own divinity.

As for the judging part... (rummages through Tickle Trunk) ...ah, here they are. (pulls out a blindfold and a set of scales) I did a locum in Greece some years ago as the Goddess of Justice. My nephew Forseti also presides over the district court at Asgard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user