The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(20-10-2016 11:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Are you over the True God to judge the Almighty One? Are you a god?

Yes. When I cease to exist, so does the universe to me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
Nope, Mr Spam-a-lot, the fine tuning argument is no argument at all.

Any real omnipotent god could make life and the universe work under ANY circumstance at all,. It would *need* to "fine tune" anything to what one would expect to see, if there was no god.

Anyone who works in health care knows that humans and other life forms are piss-poor "designed".

Oh well. Fail again.
Try harder next time. This tired old bullshit has been debunked a LONG time ago.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-10-2016, 12:52 AM
The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
You are like the guy in this pic:

Cant resist the urge to run around and bother innocent and unsuspecting people. Innate drive to desperately show off what you have and trying to enjoy the sensation of shocking others, but all the people see, is that you have nothing and are a very disturbed, poor person.

And like this guy, the reason for all of this is some underlying mental problem.

Thats what you look like to us
[Image: Exhibitionist_Symbol-2.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
21-10-2016, 12:59 AM
(20-10-2016 11:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  A God who claims to be just but at the same time justifies cruel actions by appealing to inherited .........

Are you over the True God to judge the Almighty One? Are you a god?

Words have meanings. If you're going to claim that your God is just then he must conform to the accepted definition, otherwise you're not really saying anything. You might as well say "My God is word salad" which certainly seems closer to the truth.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-10-2016, 03:25 AM
(20-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  A smallest star will kill you too, if you fly in.

I have been avoiding this one, after seeing the initial barrage of stupid.

However, I just want to point out that Borgo finally said something that is scientifically accurate, if obvious.

Way to go, Borgo!

Baby steps, man, baby steps. Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-10-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful.
(21-10-2016 03:25 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  A smallest star will kill you too, if you fly in.

I have been avoiding this one, after seeing the initial barrage of stupid.

However, I just want to point out that Borgo finally said something that is scientifically accurate, if obvious.

Way to go, Borgo!

He's already used the original sin excuse for suffering, sure there's an entire field of science, paleopathology that falsifies the idea of suffering linked to humans, but would Borgy understand that? nope..

I could point out that the entire argument is an example of the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy but would Borgy understand that? nope...

So I guess I'll just post this for anyone lurking that actually has enough synapses firing and can understand things.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
21-10-2016, 05:07 AM
The fine-tuning argument
(20-10-2016 09:27 PM)theBorg Wrote:  theBorg PROPOSAL:

[Image: 0cab192e5afce41eba8cf08e75d45b6c934cecbe...9ce2e6.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
21-10-2016, 05:22 AM
(21-10-2016 12:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 11:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Are you over the True God to judge the Almighty One? Are you a god?

Yes. When I cease to exist, so does the universe to me.

Is there proof of the Russel Conjecture? https://arxiv.org/abs/1304.0240

What about the Riemann Conjecture?

If you are not omniscient, there is no use of your self-proclaimed divinity. One could call himself as well as shit. Big Grin
21-10-2016, 05:50 AM
(21-10-2016 05:02 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 03:25 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I have been avoiding this one, after seeing the initial barrage of stupid.

Way to go, Borgo!

He's already used the original sin excuse for suffering, sure there's an entire field of science, paleopathology that falsifies the idea of suffering linked to humans, but would Borgy understand that? nope..

I could point out that the entire argument is an example of the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy but would Borgy understand that? nope...

So I guess I'll just post this for anyone lurking that actually has enough synapses firing and can understand things.

So, you agreed, what Reality is perfectly accommodated to the use of the humans. And vice versa. And you think, what it is bad for me. But no, you have proven to me, what the fine-tuning is not the nonsense. It is really there! We do not desire a hotter Earth, we do not desire a higher atmospheric pressure, we do not desire more oxygen in the air. We just desire not to die and not to suffer.
21-10-2016, 05:52 AM
(21-10-2016 05:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 12:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Yes. When I cease to exist, so does the universe to me.

Is there proof of the Russel Conjecture? https://arxiv.org/abs/1304.0240

What about the Riemann Conjecture?

If you are not omniscient, there is no use of your self-proclaimed divinity. One could call himself as well as shit. Big Grin

What about proof arsehat?

I do NOT care about arguments and philosophy.

Show me the proof.

You got some? No?

Didn't think so.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post