The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(21-10-2016 05:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 12:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Yes. When I cease to exist, so does the universe to me.
blah

Oh, look: More nonsense Chase

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2016, 05:56 AM
RE: The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P.
(21-10-2016 05:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  What about proof arsehat?
Show me the proof.
You got some? No?

Way too many questions for a "god". So, you are not the god. Laugh out load
21-10-2016, 05:57 AM
(20-10-2016 10:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The damn Satan has murdered billions.

I heard it was more like 10. Something about the 7 sons and 3 daughters of Job. No?

EDIT: fuck fuck fuck. Astreja beat me to it. Read the damn thread before you post, Bob.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-10-2016, 05:59 AM
(20-10-2016 09:27 PM)theBorg Wrote:  INTRODUCTION:

Quote: "Fine tuning is an additional argument and also provides more strength to my point, but I refer to the more general teleology that can be found in nature, something like the fifth way of Saint Thomas or the argument of nomic regularity of Swinburne; any causal order already requires an order of explanation that can not be purely fortuitous, and can not explain all this only through natural laws - after all, the natural laws themselves are merely descriptive, describe the order of final causes and regularities we observe in nature. Fine tuning, which is another argument, also provides an additional support to what I said - not just the universe brings order in its foundation (which could be observed even if the whole reality only involved two poles attracting or repelling regularly for example), but it brings an absurdly rare order that allowed the appearance of some kind of life as we, against absolutely overwhelming majority of hostile scenarios to any existence of life in any space."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nce-of-god

theBorg PROPOSAL:

The fine-tuning argument is very powerful. Many brave atheists were defeated. R.I.P. But the remaining atheists could try to find the defense of the organization (P.S. the global atheism is organized through the internet: you all are asking for advise, or share it here, when a Christian is debating with you). Let us see. The humanity is used to broad range of temperatures, atmospheric pressure, wind velocities, etc. The only problem of fine-tuning argument is the death (so called "natural" death of the humans, or a violent one), but this is rejected by the belief in the original sin. Can we find anything, what is hostile to human life? Or at least to find that it must be (and, what is important, can be) "better fine-tuned"?

I knew LSD was still around -- but I had no idea that people were still taking Quaaludes....

Apparently they're available on your planet...............

Quite the combination you've got going there Bork ol' boy.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-10-2016, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 06:13 AM by theBorg.)
(21-10-2016 05:56 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 05:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  What about proof arsehat?
Show me the proof.
You got some? No?

Way too many questions for a "god". So, you are not the god. Laugh out load

Only false gods around and no slaves. Big GrinBig Grin See how laughable is Banjo'es "divine proclamation":

21-10-2016, 06:10 AM
From this point forth, we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-10-2016, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 07:53 PM by TheInquisition.)
The fine-tuning argument is very fallacious
(21-10-2016 05:50 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 05:02 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He's already used the original sin excuse for suffering, sure there's an entire field of science, paleopathology that falsifies the idea of suffering linked to humans, but would Borgy understand that? nope..

I could point out that the entire argument is an example of the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy but would Borgy understand that? nope...

So I guess I'll just post this for anyone lurking that actually has enough synapses firing and can understand things.

So, you agreed, what Reality is perfectly accommodated to the use of the humans. And vice versa. And you think, what it is bad for me. But no, you have proven to me, what the fine-tuning is not the nonsense. It is really there! We do not desire a hotter Earth, we do not desire a higher atmospheric pressure, we do not desire more oxygen in the air. We just desire not to die and not to suffer.

You are too stupid to even understand any point made. I note that you project your biases onto everything, you believe humans lived over 900 years without evidence, you believe the Earth is a few thousand years old despite the evidence.
The majority of your arguments are Texas Sharphooter fallacies, you make the evidence fit your presuppostions, until you recognize and correct your fallacious thinking, you will not be taken seriously.

[Image: 10708471.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-10-2016, 07:25 AM
This is the kind of arrogance I spoke of a while back. "The planet is perfect for me to live on, therefore it, and, why not, the entire universe, was made soley for me (by my buddy, the creator of all things, who made me in his image to boot!)

Despite the fact that most of Earth's surface is hostile to us. Despite the fact that 99.99999999% of the cosmos can kill us instantly and is so vast that even with technology that can acheive light speed we are thousands to millions of years away from most of it.

Nope. The universe was not made just for our special little species. We 'grew up' to live on Earth. WE are very well suited to live on (some) of Earth's surface, and thanks to technological advancements we can live in some harsher places.

For all we know there is life out there, whether complex or advanced, that 'grew up' very differently from us and would find Earth complety inhospitable but find Venus or the moon Titan to be quite comfortable.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
21-10-2016, 07:28 AM
(21-10-2016 07:05 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ........... you believe the Earth is a few thousand years old despite the evidence.

Rejection of the True Science is sin. I am not sinning. Look:

Quote:..... researchers have calculated that “mitochondrial Eve”—the woman whose mtDNA was ancestral to that in all living people—lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago in Africa. Using the new clock, she would be a mere 6000 years old.

Peer-reviewed, the famous top journal: Science
21-10-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: lying troll
(21-10-2016 07:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 07:05 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ........... you believe the Earth is a few thousand years old despite the evidence.

Rejection of the True Science is sin. I am not sinning. Look:

Quote:..... researchers have calculated that “mitochondrial Eve”—the woman whose mtDNA was ancestral to that in all living people—lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago in Africa. Using the new clock, she would be a mere 6000 years old.

Peer-reviewed, the famous top journal: Science

That article is from 1997 you Dumb Fuck.
It's nearly 20 years old.

Something a bit more current

Quote:Mitochondrial Eve
In human genetics, the Mitochondrial Eve is the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all currently living humans. This is the most recent woman from whom all living humans today descend, in an unbroken line, on their mother’s side, and through the mothers of those mothers, and so on, back until all lines converge on one woman, who is estimated to have lived approximately 100,000–200,000 years ago.

Moron.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post