The first man in space that nobody knew about.
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 03:38 AM
What if the first manned flight into space was a success but landed in china which was then not on good relations with the Soviet Union. The pilot then has problems for a while due to the hard landing due to passing out on the way into orbit?

This is embarrassing and doesn't sound good so the soviets wait until a more successful attempt is made to report it internationally.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2013, 05:17 AM
RE: The first man in space that nobody knew about.
Unsourced assertions carry little weight, I&I. Which cosmonaut are you talkabout specifically? Which mission? Which spacecraft? You haven't provided any information that could be used to distinguish this assertion from a wild fantasy.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-10-2013, 06:46 AM
(10-10-2013 05:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Unsourced assertions carry little weight, I&I. Which cosmonaut are you talkabout specifically? Which mission? Which spacecraft? You haven't provided any information that could be used to distinguish this assertion from a wild fantasy.

Check out the doc called Cosmonaut coverup. The first people in space were failed attempts or like the one mentioned above ended in an embarrassing landing in china and had diplomatic issues tied with it. Some cosmonauts went into space and were left to drift off or malfunction in space. The first successful return of a cosmonaut was the well known story but there were others before that went into space.
10-10-2013, 06:53 AM
This one:
"Lost Cosmonauts, or Phantom Cosmonauts, is a conspiracy theory alleging that Soviet cosmonauts entered outer space, but without their existence having been acknowledged by either the Soviet or Russian space authorities.
Proponents of the Lost Cosmonauts theory concede that Yuri Gagarin was the first man to survive Human spaceflight, but claim that the Soviet Union attempted to launch two or more manned space flights prior to Gagarin's, and that at least two cosmonauts died in the attempts. Another cosmonaut, Vladimir Ilyushin, is believed to have landed off-course and been held by the Chinese government. The Government of the Soviet Union supposedly suppressed this information, to prevent bad publicity during the height of the Cold War.
The evidence cited to support Lost Cosmonaut theories is generally not regarded as conclusive, and several cases have been confirmed as hoaxes. In the 1980s, American journalist James Oberg researched space-related disasters in the Soviet Union, but found no evidence of these Lost Cosmonauts. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, much previously restricted information is now available, including on Valentin Bondarenko, a would-be cosmonaut whose death during training on Earth the Soviet government covered up. Even with the availability of published Soviet archival material and memoirs of Russian space pioneers, no hard evidence has emerged to support the Lost Cosmonaut stories."[1]
?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cosmonauts

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-10-2013, 06:56 AM
First into space?
Who cares.

There's only 2 important names in space firsts (so far). Spudnik and Armstrong.
The first's actions being far more important.

ps: Oh, 3 important firsts. Curiosity being the third.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
10-10-2013, 07:23 AM
(10-10-2013 06:53 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  This one:
"Lost Cosmonauts, or Phantom Cosmonauts, is a conspiracy theory alleging that Soviet cosmonauts entered outer space, but without their existence having been acknowledged by either the Soviet or Russian space authorities.
Proponents of the Lost Cosmonauts theory concede that Yuri Gagarin was the first man to survive Human spaceflight, but claim that the Soviet Union attempted to launch two or more manned space flights prior to Gagarin's, and that at least two cosmonauts died in the attempts. Another cosmonaut, Vladimir Ilyushin, is believed to have landed off-course and been held by the Chinese government. The Government of the Soviet Union supposedly suppressed this information, to prevent bad publicity during the height of the Cold War.
The evidence cited to support Lost Cosmonaut theories is generally not regarded as conclusive, and several cases have been confirmed as hoaxes. In the 1980s, American journalist James Oberg researched space-related disasters in the Soviet Union, but found no evidence of these Lost Cosmonauts. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, much previously restricted information is now available, including on Valentin Bondarenko, a would-be cosmonaut whose death during training on Earth the Soviet government covered up. Even with the availability of published Soviet archival material and memoirs of Russian space pioneers, no hard evidence has emerged to support the Lost Cosmonaut stories."[1]
?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cosmonauts

Oh, what did you think about the documentary?
10-10-2013, 09:42 AM
(10-10-2013 06:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  First into space?
Who cares.

Mmmmyes, unless a potato is found to be orbiting our planet, I'm gonna say that would be Sputnik. Drinking Beverage Carry on with your bad ass, point making, self

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
(10-10-2013 06:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  First into space?
Who cares.

Yuri Gagarin's ghost is insulted by your lack of recognition of his importance in space exploration and will now haunt you forever.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Thread Closed