The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!
(29-06-2013 03:40 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 01:42 PM)Taz Wrote:  It already has been vandalized, and it doesn't look like that. It looks better than the OP's picture. I have a friend that was there and posted a picture of it on FB.

I'm not seeing the vandalism in the picture?

But Christians? Vandalizing or destroying things they don't agree with? Nahhhhh never. They're totally peaceful and full of love! Right? Rolleyes

When I was in Egypt and marvelling at the amazing structures the Egyptians erected I saw many defaced by the Coptic Christians as far back as 1900 BCE. Weeping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_Orth...Alexandria

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Re: The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!
It only looks like it would accommodate .53% of the average American's ass.

Too smah!
29-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Information RE: The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!
Feh. Never trust an outfit whose logo looks like something from a 1950s movie about atomic war.

The first?

What about the Ingersoll statue in Peoria? Not clearly labelled "atheist" but ...

[Image: 400px-Ingersoll_statue.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingersoll

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post
30-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I saw some of the picket signs from the protesters stating that the south was a Christian Southern Nation. I didn't realize the south was considered a Southern Nation? WTF?
30-06-2013, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2013 11:07 AM by Abdul Alhazred.)
(30-06-2013 10:07 AM)spectre68 Wrote:  I saw some of the picket signs from the protesters stating that the south was a Christian Southern Nation. I didn't realize the south was considered a Southern Nation? WTF?

These are not just your garden variety "religious right" types.

http://dixienet.org/rights/2012/index.php

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
30-06-2013, 11:07 AM
(30-06-2013 11:00 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(30-06-2013 10:07 AM)spectre68 Wrote:  I saw some of the picket signs from the protesters stating that the south was a Christian Southern Nation. I didn't realize the south was considered a Southern Nation? WTF?

These are not just your garden variety "religious right" types.

No, they're not. They are traitors.

"The League of the South is a Southern Nationalist organization whose ultimate goal is a free and independent Southern republic. "

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I think it's kinda cool. There are plenty of Christian type monuments. Why not have something for atheists?

I also find it telling that someone mentioned it's already been vandalized. When we went to San Francisco, we were walking though the North Beach area and stopped into St Peter and Paul's church...

It didn't occur to me that I should vandalize it. We walked around looked at the architecture -- snickered a little -- but harm it?? No.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-06-2013, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2013 12:48 PM by evenheathen.)
(30-06-2013 11:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it's kinda cool. There are plenty of Christian type monuments. Why not have something for atheists?

I also find it telling that someone mentioned it's already been vandalized. When we went to San Francisco, we were walking though the North Beach area and stopped into St Peter and Paul's church...

It didn't occur to me that I should vandalize it. We walked around looked at the architecture -- snickered a little -- but harm it?? No.

A true Atheist would have. Tongue
(sarcasm font on)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I haven't seen any news about it being vandalized yet. Sources?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
30-06-2013, 12:00 PM
(30-06-2013 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2013 11:00 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  These are not just your garden variety "religious right" types.

No, they're not. They are traitors.

"The League of the South is a Southern Nationalist organization whose ultimate goal is a free and independent Southern republic. "

I love how these traitors are the first ones to call someone UnAmerican.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense