The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: The first public atheist monument in the U.S.!
No, because my criterion is that they have to be real churches Tongue

Actually it's something that I have thought of before, but keep forgetting to start a thread.

Stay tuned Wink

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 02:13 AM
(08-07-2013 04:42 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I don't really see the point in this monument... the Church of the Yogage disapproves. Tongue

A bunch of pissy atheists sued some pissy Christians about a monument they had up opposite this one (which wasn't there at the time) and lost. So the atheists, all pissy in their defeat erected (lol tehee) their own shitty monument as a sort of "fuck you" because they were all pissy and shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
09-07-2013, 05:27 AM
(09-07-2013 02:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  A bunch of pissy atheists sued some pissy Christians about a monument they had up opposite this one (which wasn't there at the time) and lost. So the atheists, all pissy in their defeat erected (lol tehee) their own shitty monument as a sort of "fuck you" because they were all pissy and shit.

That should be one of the inscriptions Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Omigosh, right? That'd be hilarious. Tongue

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Why do we need a monument?

Isn't that just going to add more kindling to the fire for the whole "atheism is a religion" thing?

I for one, couldn't care less Cool .
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
11-07-2013, 02:09 AM
(10-07-2013 11:10 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Why do we need a monument?

Isn't that just going to add more kindling to the fire for the whole "atheism is a religion" thing?

I for one, couldn't care less Cool .

it really comes down to fairness. Christians want to put something in a public place.... then anyone else should be able to as well. If it's declined, then the Christian monuments should be declined too. It's sort of an in your face, "You aren't the only one here." type of statement. Largely, in regards to the amount of publicity it's getting, I'd say it's working.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
11-07-2013, 05:18 AM
(08-07-2013 05:01 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  No, because my criterion is that they have to be real churches Tongue

Pfft, The Church of the Yogage is definitely real. It was established back in 2008 by a couple of friends and I. We realised the truth behind Fistage of the Yogage, the divine words of the Yoga Lord. We live by it, we die by it, we also masturbate by it, but only when it isn't looking. As a High Priest, you can definitely trust me when I say that the way of the fist is the only way to avoid yoga hell.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post