The flood

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
RE: The flood
(04-01-2011 05:15 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Because it is created by an orginization who's soul intent is to make faith into reality through pseudo science.

I'm not sure if you spelled "sole" as "soul" on purpose or not (though I'm pretty sure you did) but it was very witty. Good on ya!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
(04-01-2011 05:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 05:15 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Because it is created by an orginization who's soul intent is to make faith into reality through pseudo science.

I'm not sure if you spelled "sole" as "soul" on purpose or not (though I'm pretty sure you did) but it was very witty. Good on ya!

He did not mispelled "sole" as "soul", a wizard did it. All kneel before the almighty Wizard Big Grin.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Shit. Keep forgetting about the wizard.

04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Everything in the silly flood story can be explained away as miracles of God. Just as the question of how does Santa get to all the kids in one night, how does he fit down chimneys, etc, can all be explained away as Christmas magic. But even if we explain the lack of available water, the too small size of the ark, the logistics of feeding and gathering two of every species etc; even if we explain it all away as possible within the purview of "miracle" NONE of it reconciles the other big question. WHY? Why kill everything in a flood when He could just as easily have wiped the earth clean like a cosmic dry-erase. Why make the genocide of humanity a carpentry project for one man's family?

Just why?
04-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't have anything really useful to add but I do have to say that this baffles me. I didn't even know until recently that people ACTUALLY think the story of Noah is true. I'm still trying to get over it. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
04-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I think it's just a mindset they get into. They start with their conclusion(the bible is true), and try to work their way down to what should be observation, if it was anything like the scientific method. If logic and science don't match the bible, than logic and science is wrong.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-01-2011, 10:55 AM
(04-01-2011 02:29 PM)Kikko Wrote:  Dating methods don't show how the earth was formed, they show when.

But there is no way of testing the dating methods to find out whether or not they are correct and sometimes there are things that don't fit into the accepted theories.
Quote:If the radioactive element carbon-14 breaks down quickly—within a few thousand years—why do we still find it in fossils and diamonds? It’s a dilemma for evolutionists, who believe the rocks are millions of years old.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles.../carbon-14

Quote:By the way, what did the animals eat when the flood was over? Or was that problem solved with magic too?

Noah discovered that the flood was over when the dove he released returned with an olive leaf. This shows that some vegetation survived.

(04-01-2011 02:50 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Did they feed carnivores with plants and seeds?

Probably none of the animals were carnivores yet. Genesis 1:29,30 says,
Quote:And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
It wasn't until after the flood that humans were permitted to eat meat. Genesis 9:3 says,
Quote:Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

(04-01-2011 03:00 PM)Kikko Wrote:  The video also mentions the problem of imbreeding, but God solves that too. Wink

Inbreeding wasn't yet a problem.
Quote:The more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes, inherited from the same parents. Therefore, brother and sister are likely to have similar mistakes in their genetic material. If there were to be a union between these two that produces offspring, children would inherit one set of genes from each of their parents. Because the genes probably have similar mistakes, the mistakes pair together and result in deformities in the children.

However, this fact of present-day life did not apply to Adam and Eve. When the first two people were created, they were perfect. Everything God made was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). That means their genes were perfect—no mistakes. But when sin entered the world because of Adam (Genesis 3:6), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over a long period of time, this degeneration would have resulted in all sorts of mistakes occurring in the genetic material of living things.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...cains-wife

(04-01-2011 09:45 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Why kill everything in a flood when He could just as easily have wiped the earth clean like a cosmic dry-erase. Why make the genocide of humanity a carpentry project for one man's family?

The reason is found in Genesis 6:5-8,
Quote:The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 11:11 AM
So many blatant flaws in your arguments I just can't be bothered. Wow man. Really?

05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
(05-01-2011 10:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 09:45 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Why kill everything in a flood when He could just as easily have wiped the earth clean like a cosmic dry-erase. Why make the genocide of humanity a carpentry project for one man's family?

The reason is found in Genesis 6:5-8,
Quote:The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Dude, that doesn't even try to answer the question. Destroy everything except Noah and his kin and two of every kind - that much I kinda get. But why a flood? Why force Noah to suffer the ordeal he and his family suffered? Why not simply blot everything out and start over with Noah replacing Adam? If He could do the 6 day thing once, He could do it again.
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
First: Are you a fundamentalist who's here just to argue, a troll, or are you here seriously to have a discussion that will end when the other side changes the ones mind?
Did you watch the video I linked to you about the scientific method? And still you make ridiculous claims like ''Probably none of the animals were carnivores yet'' and you embaress yourself by defending that claim with an old collection of myths and stories, but no evidence. If we would be talking about Finnic mythology, would you accept stuff that's in the Kalevala (the last bits of Finnish mythology collected from poem-singers) as evidence?

So, please edit or repost your latest post with changes (scientific claims and defending your claims [''Inbreeding wasn't a problem yet'' is not enough]), and you'll get replies.
Answer my first question (bolded), and I'll explain you the dating method stuff.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.