The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(13-07-2014 02:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 02:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Depends upon the object of worship. Your God lives "out there" somewhere, my God lives in here. Introspection is the only way to find God, hence worship. Tongue
You should show bucky ball what You did. He would appreciate that. By the way God lives inside of everything created by His energy.

Prove it.
So empathy lives in rocks ? Facepalm
Sure it does. Laughat

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2014, 04:26 PM
13-07-2014, 04:30 PM
(13-07-2014 03:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 02:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  You should show bucky ball what You did. He would appreciate that. By the way God lives inside of everything created by His energy.

So you agree with me then that "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) is meant to be taken literally and I read it as "Bob is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Bob." and I AM Bob and divine introspection is the only path to God. Yes?
Well I suppose it is possible that in some place somewhere at sometime somebody might have called Jesus Bob.
13-07-2014, 04:32 PM
(13-07-2014 04:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 02:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  You should show bucky ball what You did. He would appreciate that. By the way God lives inside of everything created by His energy.

Prove it.
Sure it does. Laughat
Haven't you heard about Jesus the rock?
13-07-2014, 04:38 PM
(13-07-2014 04:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it.
Sure it does. Laughat
Haven't you heard about Jesus the rock?

So you're just here to waste everyone's time then I see, and have no real point here.
If your god can change from love to empathy in about a month or two, what will its next iteration be ? PMS ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2014, 04:39 PM
(13-07-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 01:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  How would you do that?

Omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence... all them mighty things. Should be easy peasy to keep things flowing smoothly.
How would you get rid of vanity, the tendency of people to count your attributes as theirs in vanity?
13-07-2014, 04:43 PM
(13-07-2014 04:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  Haven't you heard about Jesus the rock?

So you're just here to waste everyone's time then I see, and have no real point here.
If your god can change from love to empathy in about a month or two, what will its next iteration be ? PMS ?
Relax I'm just having a little fun. If you must know, I believe all exists physically for the sake of experiencing Love and the loss of those things we take for granted. Hence rocks are necessary as is a planet for that to happen on.

PMS? Perpetual manifestations of Santa?
13-07-2014, 04:44 PM
(13-07-2014 04:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence... all them mighty things. Should be easy peasy to keep things flowing smoothly.
How would you get rid of vanity, the tendency of people to count your attributes as theirs in vanity?

Why would I care? I am not petty. If I created them so that they would/could do this, I shouldn't have an issue with it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-07-2014, 04:47 PM
(13-07-2014 04:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  How would you get rid of vanity, the tendency of people to count your attributes as theirs in vanity?

Why would I care? I am not petty. If I created them so that they would/could do this, I shouldn't have an issue with it.
Ah Ha! Not so fast. Now suppose the higher angels began to glory over the lower angels and persecute them for not being as wise as they? Would you care then?
13-07-2014, 04:53 PM
(13-07-2014 04:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why would I care? I am not petty. If I created them so that they would/could do this, I shouldn't have an issue with it.
Ah Ha! Not so fast. Now suppose the higher angels began to glory over the lower angels and persecute them for not being as wise as they? Would you care then?

I either wouldn't care or I would have made them so they didn't do that in the first place. I am god, after all. ( I can't believe I am discussing the feelings god may have about angels. Tongue )

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post