The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2014 04:59 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(13-07-2014 04:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why would I care? I am not petty. If I created them so that they would/could do this, I shouldn't have an issue with it.
Ah Ha! Not so fast. Now suppose the higher angels began to glory over the lower angels and persecute them for not being as wise as they? Would you care then?

Why would Jebus make some angels inferior to others, unless he was some sort of a trouble maker. Consider

I am THE expert on angels here, I'll have you know.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ist?page=2
Then ya got yer angels. Ya gatta know yer angels, and especially where their night spots/discos are, and where they dance. Angels like to dance. They dance on pins. The heads of pins to be exact. Angels, which do not reproduce, are, nonetheless, he angels and she angels. Angels come in orders. There are 3 orders of angels. The orders each have 3 sub groups. (Aren't ya glad they had time to figgure all this out for us)
1. Ya got yer plain ole angel. You don't know it, but you have one of these assigned to you, your guardian angel.
2. Then ya got yer arch angel. Archangels are in charge of electric arcs, arcs in general, (like the one Noah made) and hang around architectural arches, in gated communities. The most famous one of these guys is Michael. He lives in France on that mountain. He's into swords, fencing, and sword play. Another one from the news was Gabriel. Gabriel flys in wondows, and tells virgins they are preggers, cuz he like to scare the shit out of young girls.
3. Then ya got yer Pricipalities. Principalities are angels which sing "Little Red Corvette" to god, and change once in a while, to be called "the artists", and are pals of Prince, in general.
4. Dominations are next. These are kinky angels which, ..... well, we know what they do.
5. Then ya got yer Virtues. This group of angels hand out powers, cuz, well, somebody has to hand out something.
6. Powers. The powers come next. This group of angels live in electric lines, and are really really skiiny, so they can get through, of course.
7. Next are the Thrones. These angles were made by high school wood shop students, and are angels you sit on, and look, like, really bored, but just be happy you got a seat.
8. Cherubims are next to the top. They wish they were at the top, and people always think they are lower than the Thrones, because they are often confused with the Chair-ubim, but you really cannot sit on these angels.
9. And last, on top, ya got yer Seraphim. These, of course are all men, and like to be on top, and they also like to start fires, so they are the arsonist angels. Since they are so close to the throne of the god, the sheriff can't arrest them. They are also generally in charge of ozone depleting hair care products.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Quote:
(13-07-2014 03:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  CE, any word on why any of this drivel of yours matters?

Just that misunderstandings happen over semantics mainly.
[quote]Are we supposed to suddenly see the light and become True Christians ™? If not, what's the point of sharing your insight and researches into the meaning of the word empathy and how it may be profitably be conflated with the word God?
I think when anyone actually finds out what Christ is about they will believe and kneel in all sincerity. It is logical to trust somebody who would die for you.

Quote:(or at least how it would be profitable if only pesky cjlr et al would stop pointing out all the fail you're perpetrating).
The more cjlr fights the need for love, the more apparent it becomes.
13-07-2014, 05:05 PM
(13-07-2014 04:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  Ah Ha! Not so fast. Now suppose the higher angels began to glory over the lower angels and persecute them for not being as wise as they? Would you care then?

Why would Jebus make some angels inferior to others, unless he was some sort of a trouble maker. Consider

I am THE expert on angels here, I'll have you know.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ist?page=2
Then ya got yer angels. Ya gatta know yer angels, and especially where their night spots/discos are, and where they dance. Angels like to dance. They dance on pins. The heads of pins to be exact. Angels, which do not reproduce, are, nonetheless, he angels and she angels. Angels come in orders. There are 3 orders of angels. The orders each have 3 sub groups. (Aren't ya glad they had time to figgure all this out for us)
1. Ya got yer plain ole angel. You don't know it, but you have one of these assigned to you, your guardian angel.
2. Then ya got yer arch angel. Archangels are in charge of electric arcs, arcs in general, (like the one Noah made) and hang around architectural arches, in gated communities. The most famous one of these guys is Michael. He lives in France on that mountain. He's into swords, fencing, and sword play. Another one from the news was Gabriel. Gabriel flys in wondows, and tells virgins they are preggers, cuz he like to scare the shit out of young girls.
3. Then ya got yer Pricipalities. Principalities are angels which sing "Little Red Corvette" to god, and change once in a while, to be called "the artists", and are pals of Prince, in general.
4. Dominations are next. These are kinky angels which, ..... well, we know what they do.
5. Then ya got yer Virtues. This group of angels hand out powers, cuz, well, somebody has to hand out something.
6. Powers. The powers come next. This group of angels live in electric lines, and are really really skiiny, so they can get through, of course.
7. Next are the Thrones. These angles were made by high school wood shop students, and are angels you sit on, and look, like, really bored, but just be happy you got a seat.
8. Cherubims are next to the top. They wish they were at the top, and people always think they are lower than the Thrones, because they are often confused with the Chair-ubim, but you really cannot sit on these angels.
9. And last, on top, ya got yer Seraphim. These, of course are all men, and like to be on top, and they also like to start fires, so they are the arsonist angels. Since they are so close to the throne of the god, the sheriff can't arrest them. They are also generally in charge of ozone depleting hair care products.
Oh bucky ball. I'm sure you do God service in the big picture.
13-07-2014, 05:06 PM
(13-07-2014 05:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  It is logical to trust somebody who would die for you.

So Muslims should trust suicide bombers.

I see.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2014, 05:15 PM
(13-07-2014 05:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote:(or at least how it would be profitable if only pesky cjlr et al would stop pointing out all the fail you're perpetrating).
The more cjlr fights the need for love, the more apparent it becomes.

In what insane universe does anything I've ever said even remotely suggest "fighting the need for love"?

What the actual fuck does that even mean?

You know what? I'm feeling very generous today, you adorable little halfwit you.

I put it to the forum:
Have I, cjlr, ever demonstrated any compassion? Empathy? Affection? Sympathy? Any feelings towards any of the rest of you, ever?

Please direct your response to childeyeisamoron@spoofemail.com Thank you for your time.

And obviously that's a trick question - atheists never love anything! Except freshly roasted babies!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
13-07-2014, 05:16 PM
(13-07-2014 04:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  Ah Ha! Not so fast. Now suppose the higher angels began to glory over the lower angels and persecute them for not being as wise as they? Would you care then?

I either wouldn't care or I would have made them so they didn't do that in the first place. I am god, after all. ( I can't believe I am discussing the feelings god may have about angels. Tongue )
I'm sorry this is unpleasant for you. I know it is against your programming. Think of me as the devil in the atheist heaven.
13-07-2014, 05:18 PM
(13-07-2014 05:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 05:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  It is logical to trust somebody who would die for you.

So Muslims should trust suicide bombers.

I see.
Quite hiding under semantics. Everyone knows Jesus didn't blow himself up.
13-07-2014, 05:27 PM
(13-07-2014 05:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 05:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  The more cjlr fights the need for love, the more apparent it becomes.

In what insane universe does anything I've ever said even remotely suggest "fighting the need for love"?
"Morality therefore God" is a shambling cavalcade of oblivious failure. It is not an argument. It has no substance. It is not coherent. It is a waste of everybody's time, including yours.

That is my commentary.
13-07-2014, 05:27 PM
(13-07-2014 05:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 04:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  I either wouldn't care or I would have made them so they didn't do that in the first place. I am god, after all. ( I can't believe I am discussing the feelings god may have about angels. Tongue )
I'm sorry this is unpleasant for you. I know it is against your programming. Think of me as the devil in the atheist heaven.

I have no issues with god or angel stories. I just generally don't treat fairy tales as real, so it's a stretch discussing what god may feel about angels. Devils and heaven fall in the same category.

So what about these feuding angels?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-07-2014, 05:35 PM
(13-07-2014 05:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 05:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm sorry this is unpleasant for you. I know it is against your programming. Think of me as the devil in the atheist heaven.

I have no issues with god or angel stories. I just generally don't treat fairy tales as real, so it's a stretch discussing what god may feel about angels. Devils and heaven fall in the same category.
Yeah I got that.

Quote:So what about these feuding angels?
Well, in your role as God you have to devise a way of creating children that sincerely respect each others different gifts without envy or gloating in any form or manner. And without making them robots.