The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(14-07-2014 12:37 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  Why?
Because, by your own statement, you got it wrong.
You misunderstood what I said or meant.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 12:39 PM
(14-07-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:36 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow, you actually admit that. Well points for honesty, but some of us don't need God to know that eating children is wrong.
Oh yes you do, you just take God for granted.

No we really don't. Now is your god unable to stop evil or does he allow it?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
(14-07-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:36 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow, you actually admit that. Well points for honesty, but some of us don't need God to know that eating children is wrong.
Oh yes you do, you just take God for granted.

Yeah - God gives me all the best recipes Drooling

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
(14-07-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  Oh yes you do, you just take God for granted.
You're just sounding silly now; and you take the pink unicorn floating behind Jupiter for granted.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
14-07-2014, 12:40 PM
(14-07-2014 12:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  You misunderstood what I said or meant.
Then explain how those children take God for granted or clarify what it is that you really meant.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
14-07-2014, 12:43 PM
(14-07-2014 12:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Christ returns good for evil and he is the true image of God sent by God. Of course that could not be seen without the presence of evil.

So can he not stop evil and is therefore impotent or does he allow evil and therefore is evil? Pick one.
Of course He can stop evil, He is the Light that destroys all darkness. But He allows evil so as to let vanity be seen for what it is and does. Read post 1.
Uh boy... I'm not even surprised I didn't read past the first page... nothing original going on here. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
(14-07-2014 12:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So can he not stop evil and is therefore impotent or does he allow evil and therefore is evil? Pick one.
Of course He can stop evil, He is the Light that destroys all darkness. But He allows evil so as to let vanity be seen for what it is and does. Read post 1.

So he allows evil he could stop, then he is evil.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 12:49 PM
(14-07-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  Of course He can stop evil, He is the Light that destroys all darkness. But He allows evil so as to let vanity be seen for what it is and does. Read post 1.

So he allows evil he could stop, then he is evil.

"God is perfect and all knowing and all loving, therefore the world is flawed because that's the best he could do".

Hobo

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-07-2014, 12:56 PM
(14-07-2014 12:40 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  You misunderstood what I said or meant.
Then explain how those children take God for granted or clarify what it is that you really meant.

I mean that Satan took God's given attributes for granted in vanity. He loved his beauty and intellect in comparison to others less gifted. He therefore desired to be as great as God, the highest of all stations in the godhead.

This can be seen when the innocence of mankind was destroyed by the suggestion that they were only content in the garden because they were ignorant in their lowliness. Therefore the innocent don't take God for granted. Only those who aspire to be more than what God makes them to be. This vain reasoning therefore finds fault through cynicism in what is pure through faith.
Vanity tries to fix what is not broken and breaks it.

See the prodigal son or the cartoon Alladin.