The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(14-07-2014 12:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So he allows evil he could stop, then he is evil.

"God is perfect and all knowing and all loving, therefore the world is flawed because that's the best he could do".

Hobo
No the world is flawed because of vanity, that which takes God for granted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 01:00 PM
(14-07-2014 12:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "God is perfect and all knowing and all loving, therefore the world is flawed because that's the best he could do".

Hobo

Sorry but if you could stop a child from being molested and did not you are as much at fault as the person doing so. You claim god could stop all of it and does not therefore he is at fault.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 01:02 PM
(14-07-2014 12:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  I mean that Satan took God's given attributes for granted in vanity. He loved his beauty and intellect in comparison to others less gifted. He therefore desired to be as great as God, the highest of all stations in the godhead.

This can be seen when the innocence of mankind was destroyed by the suggestion that they were only content in the garden because they were ignorant in their lowliness. Therefore the innocent don't take God for granted. Only those who aspire to be more than what God makes them to be. This vain reasoning therefore finds fault through cynicism in what is pure through faith.
Vanity tries to fix what is not broken and breaks it.

See the prodigal son or the cartoon Alladin.
And how does any of this make it ok or even understandable for God to watch 9 million children under age 5 suffer and die each year and do NOTHING? How does this make God any less evil for doing so?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-07-2014, 01:03 PM
(14-07-2014 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  Oh yes you do, you just take God for granted.

No we really don't. Now is your god unable to stop evil or does he allow it?
Yes you really do in the truest sense. Yes our God is able to stop evil. As I said He allows it for the sake of exposing the fruits of vanity.
14-07-2014, 01:07 PM
(14-07-2014 01:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes you really do in the truest sense. Yes our God is able to stop evil. As I said He allows it for the sake of exposing the fruits of vanity.
Which he could do another way that isn't evil. And he could even expose the vanity with those that are vain rather than allowing innocent children to suffer so miserably and die because of them. Seriously, ChildEye, how do you not see this? Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-07-2014, 01:08 PM
(14-07-2014 01:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  No the world is flawed because of vanity, that which takes God for granted.

Sorry but if you could stop a child from being molested and did not you are as much at fault as the person doing so. You claim god could stop all of it and does not therefore he is at fault.
God is the one being raped when any child is raped. The rapist is controlled by a lie he received when he was raped as a child.
14-07-2014, 01:09 PM
(14-07-2014 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes you really do in the truest sense. Yes our God is able to stop evil. As I said He allows it for the sake of exposing the fruits of vanity.
Which he could do another way that isn't evil. And he could even expose the vanity with those that are vain rather than allowing innocent children to suffer so miserably and die because of them. Seriously, ChildEye, how do you not see this? Dodgy

What a petty insane god he follows. His vanity is such that he allows 9 million children to die and thousands (or more) to be molested just to make some vague point?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
(14-07-2014 12:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "God is perfect and all knowing and all loving, therefore the world is flawed because that's the best he could do".

Hobo

That would be the vanity that God created? Because he created everything?

So you're saying the world is flawed because it is as a perfect God made it.

wut.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
(14-07-2014 01:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sorry but if you could stop a child from being molested and did not you are as much at fault as the person doing so. You claim god could stop all of it and does not therefore he is at fault.
God is the one being raped when any child is raped. The rapist is controlled by a lie he received when he was raped as a child.

Yet he could stop it and does not, which makes him a coconspirator in the rape.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 01:12 PM
God can do no wrong. Even when it's wrong, it's right. Dodgy