The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 01:14 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(14-07-2014 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes you really do in the truest sense. Yes our God is able to stop evil. As I said He allows it for the sake of exposing the fruits of vanity.
Which he could do another way that isn't evil. And he could even expose the vanity with those that are vain rather than allowing innocent children to suffer so miserably and die because of them. Seriously, ChildEye, how do you not see this? Dodgy
How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil? Shine a flashlight in the middle of the day under a clear sky. Do you appreciate the Light of it, or even see it? No, the Light must be shined in the darkness. Therefore the children of Light are born out of corruption.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 01:21 PM by childeye.)
(14-07-2014 01:02 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  I mean that Satan took God's given attributes for granted in vanity. He loved his beauty and intellect in comparison to others less gifted. He therefore desired to be as great as God, the highest of all stations in the godhead.

This can be seen when the innocence of mankind was destroyed by the suggestion that they were only content in the garden because they were ignorant in their lowliness. Therefore the innocent don't take God for granted. Only those who aspire to be more than what God makes them to be. This vain reasoning therefore finds fault through cynicism in what is pure through faith.
Vanity tries to fix what is not broken and breaks it.

See the prodigal son or the cartoon Alladin.
And how does any of this make it ok or even understandable for God to watch 9 million children under age 5 suffer and die each year and do NOTHING? How does this make God any less evil for doing so?
Is the Father of the prodigal son evil for letting his son find out how good he had it in his Fathers house through experiencing the ugliness of the world?
14-07-2014, 01:20 PM
(14-07-2014 01:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  No the world is flawed because of vanity, that which takes God for granted.

That would be the vanity that God created? Because he created everything?

So you're saying the world is flawed because it is as a perfect God made it.

wut.
The vanity is a product of unavoidable circumstance. God cannot by definition create vanity. See the prodigal son.
14-07-2014, 01:21 PM
(14-07-2014 01:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil? Shine a flashlight in the middle of the day under a clear sky. Do you appreciate the Light of it, or even see it? No, the Light must be shined in the darkness. Therefore the children of Light are born out of corruption.
Are you saying there is something your omnipotent god can't do? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-07-2014, 01:21 PM
(14-07-2014 01:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That would be the vanity that God created? Because he created everything?

So you're saying the world is flawed because it is as a perfect God made it.

wut.
The vanity is a product of unavoidable circumstance. God cannot by definition create vanity. See the prodigal son.

So God created everything and is perfect but he did not create suffering? Do you realise how stupid you sound?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-07-2014, 01:25 PM
(14-07-2014 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil? Shine a flashlight in the middle of the day under a clear sky. Do you appreciate the Light of it, or even see it? No, the Light must be shined in the darkness. Therefore the children of Light are born out of corruption.
Are you saying there is something your omnipotent god can't do? Consider
No, I'm saying what I said.
14-07-2014, 01:27 PM
(14-07-2014 01:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:02 PM)Impulse Wrote:  And how does any of this make it ok or even understandable for God to watch 9 million children under age 5 suffer and die each year and do NOTHING? How does this make God any less evil for doing so?
Is the Father of the prodigal son evil for letting his son find out how good he had it in his Fathers house through experiencing the ugliness of the world?
No. The father isn't omnipotent and so he doesn't have every possibility available to him as does your god. The analogy is flawed. Plus, the suffering of one (presumably adult) son doesn't equate to 9 million children per year. And those are just the ones under 5 years of age.

Care to actually answer the question now?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
(14-07-2014 01:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil?

He's supposed to be omnipotent. He can get rid of anything he wants then. There is absolutely no reason for him to allow evil if he is all you say he is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
(14-07-2014 01:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Are you saying there is something your omnipotent god can't do? Consider
No, I'm saying what I said.

There aren't enough facepalms in the world.

(14-07-2014 01:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  The vanity is a product of unavoidable circumstance. God cannot by definition create vanity. See the prodigal son.

Do you know what words mean?
no, you don't, but that was rhetorical

Omnipotent means nothing is unavoidable.

Omnipotent means God created everything. Including vanity. Incidentally he's a pretty vain motherfucker himself, if that musty old rag of yours is to be believed.
hint: it's not

... this is my signature!
14-07-2014, 01:28 PM
(14-07-2014 01:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  The vanity is a product of unavoidable circumstance. God cannot by definition create vanity. See the prodigal son.

So God created everything and is perfect but he did not create suffering? Do you realise how stupid you sound?
I understand perfectly why that would sound stupid.