The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(14-07-2014 01:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Are you saying there is something your omnipotent god can't do? Consider
No, I'm saying what I said.
Which was:
(14-07-2014 01:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil?
And that implies that you don't believe he could do it. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 01:32 PM
(14-07-2014 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  There aren't enough facepalms in the world.
Laugh out load

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-07-2014, 01:49 PM
(14-07-2014 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you know what words mean?

No, what word's mean?
Quote:Omnipotent means nothing is unavoidable.
And so?
Quote:Omnipotent means God created everything. Including vanity.

No, since vanity is taking God for granted.
Quote:Incidentally he's a pretty vain motherfucker himself, if that musty old rag of yours is to be believed.
hint: it's not
You're mistaken if you think God the most high had a Mother.
14-07-2014, 01:50 PM
(14-07-2014 01:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  How could God get rid of vanity any other way that did not involve evil?

He's supposed to be omnipotent. He can get rid of anything he wants then. There is absolutely no reason for him to allow evil if he is all you say he is.
Oh He will get rid of it.
14-07-2014, 01:53 PM
(14-07-2014 01:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  He's supposed to be omnipotent. He can get rid of anything he wants then. There is absolutely no reason for him to allow evil if he is all you say he is.
Oh He will get rid of it.

Yet he doesn't because he likes seeing children die and be raped? He has thus far made no moves to stop it. So either your God is evil or impotent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-07-2014, 01:55 PM
(14-07-2014 01:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Which was:
read the record
Quote:And that implies that you don't believe he could do it. Consider
Could get rid of vanity without allowing evil? No, I don't think he could since vanity begets evil.
14-07-2014, 01:56 PM
(14-07-2014 01:49 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, since vanity is taking God for granted.
According to you, that is.

Dictionary.com says:
Quote:van·i·ty
[van-i-tee] Show IPA

noun, plural van·i·ties.
1. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit: Failure to be elected was a great blow to his vanity.
2. an instance or display of this quality or feeling.
3. something about which one is vain.
4. lack of real value; hollowness; worthlessness: the vanity of a selfish life.
5. something worthless, trivial, or pointless.
6. vanity case.
7. dressing table.
8. a wide, counterlike shelf containing a wash basin, as in the bathroom of a hotel or residence, often equipped with shelves, drawers, etc., underneath.
9. a cabinet built below or around a bathroom sink, primarily to hide exposed pipes.
10. compact1 ( def 13 ) .

adjective
11. produced as a showcase for one's own talents, especially as a writer, actor, singer, or composer: a vanity production.
12. of, pertaining to, or issued by a vanity press: a spate of vanity books.
Nope. Not one mention of God at all or taking anything for granted.

14-07-2014, 01:57 PM
(14-07-2014 01:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  Oh He will get rid of it.

Yet he doesn't because he likes seeing children die and be raped? He has thus far made no moves to stop it. So either your God is evil or impotent.
Didn't I already answer this? God is the one being raped when a child is raped. The rapist is controlled by a lie that was implanted on the day he was raped as a child.
14-07-2014, 01:57 PM
The issue that ChildEye is failing with here is what is known as the "Problem of Evil" and is an ancient problem.

[Image: epicurus.jpg]

There is no solution to this that allows the an Omnimax being to survive.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 01:58 PM
(14-07-2014 01:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  Could get rid of vanity without allowing evil? No, I don't think he could since vanity begets evil.
So much for omnipotence as well as your faith in your god being omnipotent.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post