The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(14-07-2014 04:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's as hard as it is for a virgin to value virginity. She must lose it to know what she had.

What a bazaar statement. I'm utterly speechless Blink.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
15-07-2014, 08:19 AM
(14-07-2014 04:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's as hard as it is for a virgin to value virginity. She must lose it to know what she had.
Facepalm

I can't decide whether to Laugh out load or Sadcryface2 .

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-07-2014, 09:06 AM
(14-07-2014 04:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 04:31 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  It must be so hard to erase instances of vanity, warn against it, and remove anything tha may cause it.
It's as hard as it is for a virgin to value virginity. She must lose it to know what she had.

**SHE??**

***SHE??***

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
15-07-2014, 11:03 AM
What in the actual fuck have I been reading?

This made me feel empathy for Childeye in the way you would when you spot a retard in public. At first you think how shitty their life is, but you gotta remember, they are too retarded to realise it. If the retard began thinking he's better than you, well then you've got your typical religitard.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
15-07-2014, 01:59 PM
(14-07-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Oh, misogyny. How nice.

But nothing says "Bible" like tragically antiquated patriarchy, so I guess there's that.
It's not misogyny to use the term virgin. Guys are considered virgin as in innocence.
15-07-2014, 02:03 PM
(14-07-2014 05:03 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  

Virginity isn't a good or bad thing. Vanity is bad according to your idea of it causing all sin. Not easily comparable those two concepts are.
Well said. The vanity is thinking there is something bad about being a virgin, and/or thinking there is something bad about not being one. This confounds the terms good and bad. Hence vanity is a pride that is futile.
15-07-2014, 02:04 PM
(15-07-2014 09:06 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

**SHE??**

***SHE??***
My apologies, He/she.
15-07-2014, 02:13 PM
(14-07-2014 02:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  Didn't I already answer this? God is the one being raped when a child is raped. The rapist is controlled by a lie that was implanted on the day he was raped as a child.

No, you skirted the issue God can stop the rapist. Fuck freewill he has never cared before. In you little book of fairy tales he killed people for far less. Yet he does nothing making him complicit in the crime.
I did not skirt the issue. You are skirting the issue. Note you say fuck freewill, He has never cared before. You say he does nothing simply because rape happens in the first place. I have put forth the parable of the prodigal son. The Father could have stopped the son from leaving but that would only compound the son's desire to leave. Such is vanity. The Father must let the son see why His Father is worth believing in.
15-07-2014, 02:17 PM
(14-07-2014 02:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 02:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, you skirted the issue God can stop the rapist. Fuck freewill he has never cared before. In you little book of fairy tales he killed people for far less. Yet he does nothing making him complicit in the crime.
He's also overlooking the fact that, even in his scenario, both would be getting raped, not just God. He's only addressing the God part and claiming that answers the point.
But of course my response was to the accusation that God enjoys watching people die and get raped.
15-07-2014, 02:20 PM
(12-07-2014 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 01:37 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How does any of it have any objective basis. I notice you didn't answer my question as theist are want to do since they have no answer for it. How can I reliably distinguish what you call God from something you may merely be imagining?
Try to remember that this is taken from a Christian forum. To answer your question, I am seeing God as empathy. If that is confusing for you, just replace the term God with empathy so that the question of whether it is imagined is not viable. However if you mean to ask if I am imagining that God is empathy, the answer is yes.

Since emotion is subjective, it only means something to you. The way you feel empathetic is no evidence or comfort to anyone else except yourself. The only way your empathy is relevant to anyone else is when you choose it above aggression.

Now you say God is empathy? Meaning he is empathetic?

Spanish Inquisition, Holy Wars, Genocide, Flood....

Hmm, I never thought that a creator could have so much empathy for it's "imperfect" creation.

And if god is empathy why does the bible say he is jealous?

Anyways, explain three assertions before building upon your three assumptions:

1) god exists.
2) god is an emotion.
3) free will is a relevant and definable term.

I only have two requests regarding these three assertions:

1) Give me the five W's: who, what, when, where, and why?

2) Give me a hypothesis and a well defined algorithm so that I can come to the same conclusion that you have reached with your hypothesis.

Granted...you did start with a hypothesis right?

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking