The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(15-07-2014 03:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  Of course this does not change the fact that politics are inevitable and there can only be one Truth that is God. Hence the atheist God is the god of no gods, the atheist gospel is evolution and the mortal sin is believing in God. A complete and perfect contradiction in reasoning by switching in both connotation and inference one single term from a positive to a negative.
You just can't stand the fact that there are no atheism equivalents to religious crap, can you...
Words are just words. What matters are the sentiments and intentions behind the words. What we believe to be true, ultimately governs our reasoning. I believe in the Christ because his moral reasoning's are clearly founded upon a Truth that is the Goodness/Love that is Eternal and would therefore return good for evil.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 04:45 PM
(15-07-2014 02:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  I did not skirt the issue. You are skirting the issue. Note you say fuck freewill, He has never cared before. You say he does nothing simply because rape happens in the first place. I have put forth the parable of the prodigal son. The Father could have stopped the son from leaving but that would only compound the son's desire to leave. Such is vanity. The Father must let the son see why His Father is worth believing in.

False analogy the father there is not omnipotent and his son is not being raped.
I take for granted that you would already realize that I know that the parable is not about omnipotence nor rape. I take for granted that you would see I was applying the parable to vanity.
15-07-2014, 04:46 PM
(15-07-2014 08:19 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 04:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's as hard as it is for a virgin to value virginity. She must lose it to know what she had.
Facepalm

I can't decide whether to Laugh out load or Sadcryface2 .

You're just embarrassing yourself now.
I see nothing to be embarrassed about.
15-07-2014, 04:57 PM
(15-07-2014 04:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  False analogy the father there is not omnipotent and his son is not being raped.
I take for granted that you would already realize that I know that the parable is not about omnipotence nor rape. I take for granted that you would see I was applying the parable to vanity.

And it is not applicable to the scenario I described. Why does your vain god allow children to be raped?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 05:05 PM
(15-07-2014 02:20 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  Try to remember that this is taken from a Christian forum. To answer your question, I am seeing God as empathy. If that is confusing for you, just replace the term God with empathy so that the question of whether it is imagined is not viable. However if you mean to ask if I am imagining that God is empathy, the answer is yes.
Quote:Since emotion is subjective, it only means something to you. The way you feel empathetic is no evidence or comfort to anyone else except yourself.
Empathy is the Spirit that reasons to do unto others what I would want done to me. Hence there exists both objective and subjective reasoning in that Spirit known as empathy.

Quote: The only way your empathy is relevant to anyone else is when you choose it above aggression.
I do not believe I choose empathy anymore than I choose to cry at the loss of a loved one. Aggression as in anger, comes from the belief that those who would hurt me are not deceived in their desire to cause suffering.

Quote:Now you say God is empathy? Meaning he is empathetic?
Meaning that when you see someone suffering and you suffer with them, this is Him inside you. When you are moved to give charity for example, it is Him in your heart saying to do so.

Quote:And if god is empathy why does the bible say he is jealous?
I believe God is jealous because we give credit to ourselves for our empathy and create false gods to worship in religiosity but do not worship Him in Truth seeing Him as our goodness.
15-07-2014, 05:11 PM
(15-07-2014 04:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  I take for granted that you would already realize that I know that the parable is not about omnipotence nor rape. I take for granted that you would see I was applying the parable to vanity.

And it is not applicable to the scenario I described. Why does your vain god allow children to be raped?
A trick question with a false premise that I do not accept. To answer would be to accept the premise.
15-07-2014, 05:16 PM
(15-07-2014 02:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  Of course this does not change the fact that politics are inevitable and there can only be one Truth that is God. Hence the atheist God is the god of no gods, the atheist gospel is evolution and the mortal sin is believing in God. A complete and perfect contradiction in reasoning by switching in both connotation and inference one single term from a positive to a negative.

Bowing

This is some of the most sublime word salad I've ever seen.
Not sure what you mean by this.
15-07-2014, 05:35 PM
(15-07-2014 04:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  I see nothing to be embarrassed about.

That's precisely the problem. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2014, 05:37 PM
(15-07-2014 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  Words are just words. What matters are the sentiments and intentions behind the words. What we believe to be true, ultimately governs our reasoning. I believe in the Christ because his moral reasoning's are clearly founded upon a Truth that is the Goodness/Love that is Eternal and would therefore return good for evil.
More words for the salad.

(15-07-2014 04:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  I see nothing to be embarrassed about.
Of course you don't. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-07-2014, 05:41 PM
(15-07-2014 03:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:17 PM)childeye Wrote:  But of course my response was to the accusation that God enjoys watching people die and get raped.
And, of course, that's completely beside the point.

God sees people getting raped and does nothing. You say God is the one being raped as though that somehow justifies it. Even if God is being raped, the people originally mentioned are still getting raped too and God is still doing nothing. It isn't even like the people getting raped are the ones raping God. (Not that I agree God is even being raped, but I'm going along with your point for the sake of discussion.) So how does God being raped justify his his willfully ignoring all the people getting raped when he could EASILY stop it?
It doesn't.
Your question is the sword of the Gospel. Why did Jesus suffer the cross and forgive his crucifiers when he could have stopped it? Believe it or not, the answer is because Love is Eternal. That is the faith of all the children of God.