The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(15-07-2014 05:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  I see nothing to be embarrassed about.

That's precisely the problem. Weeping
I love Love. Why be embarrassed?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 05:45 PM
(15-07-2014 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Your question is the sword of the Gospel. Why did Jesus suffer the cross and forgive his crucifiers when he could have stopped it? Believe it or not, the answer is because Love is Eternal. That is the faith of all the children of God.
No, the question wasn't about Jesus' suffering. It was about the suffering of rape victims. So God does nothing to help them because love is eternal? Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-07-2014, 05:46 PM
(15-07-2014 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 03:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  And, of course, that's completely beside the point.

God sees people getting raped and does nothing. You say God is the one being raped as though that somehow justifies it. Even if God is being raped, the people originally mentioned are still getting raped too and God is still doing nothing. It isn't even like the people getting raped are the ones raping God. (Not that I agree God is even being raped, but I'm going along with your point for the sake of discussion.) So how does God being raped justify his his willfully ignoring all the people getting raped when he could EASILY stop it?
It doesn't.
Your question is the sword of the Gospel. Why did Jesus suffer the cross and forgive his crucifiers when he could have stopped it? Believe it or not, the answer is because Love is Eternal. That is the faith of all the children of God.

So if good people don't buy into your bullshit, they aren't a "child" of your god ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-07-2014, 05:49 PM
(15-07-2014 05:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And it is not applicable to the scenario I described. Why does your vain god allow children to be raped?
A trick question with a false premise that I do not accept. To answer would be to accept the premise.

Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 05:52 PM
(15-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  A trick question with a false premise that I do not accept. To answer would be to accept the premise.

Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?

Or dying from starvation or thirst, or cancers, or child abuse. Yeah. His god sure is a loving one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-07-2014, 05:55 PM
(15-07-2014 05:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?

Or dying from starvation or thirst, or cancers, or child abuse. Yeah. His god sure is a loving one.

I'm trying to keep it simple for him. Too many variables confuse him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 06:13 PM
(15-07-2014 05:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Bowing

This is some of the most sublime word salad I've ever seen.
Not sure what you mean by this.

That is an illustrative statement.

... this is my signature!
15-07-2014, 06:35 PM
(15-07-2014 05:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Your question is the sword of the Gospel. Why did Jesus suffer the cross and forgive his crucifiers when he could have stopped it? Believe it or not, the answer is because Love is Eternal. That is the faith of all the children of God.
No, the question wasn't about Jesus' suffering. It was about the suffering of rape victims. So God does nothing to help them because love is eternal? Facepalm

Since crucifixion is worse than rape, I felt it was relevant. According to scripture, despite God's warning not to eat, mankind ate of the knowledge of good and evil. It should not be surprising that mankind experiences good and evil. But God has sent his Son as a propitiation for sin and this Love that returns good for evil heals all sorrows.
15-07-2014, 06:38 PM
(15-07-2014 06:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, the question wasn't about Jesus' suffering. It was about the suffering of rape victims. So God does nothing to help them because love is eternal? Facepalm

Since crucifixion is worse than rape, I felt it was relevant. According to scripture, despite God's warning not to eat, mankind ate of the knowledge of good and evil. It should not be surprising that mankind experiences good and evil. But God has sent his Son as a propitiation for sin and this Love that returns good for evil heals all sorrows.

Wrong nothing is worse than rape. Especially child rape so try again.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-07-2014, 06:44 PM
(14-07-2014 05:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 04:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's as hard as it is for a virgin to value virginity. She must lose it to know what she had.

What are you talking about? I knew I had a hymen. Is that the value you speak of? Other than that, I was the same person before and after.
I'm saying that there is a difference between being innocent and losing one's innocence.