The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(15-07-2014 06:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, the question wasn't about Jesus' suffering. It was about the suffering of rape victims. So God does nothing to help them because love is eternal? Facepalm

Since crucifixion is worse than rape, I felt it was relevant. According to scripture, despite God's warning not to eat, mankind ate of the knowledge of good and evil. It should not be surprising that mankind experiences good and evil. But God has sent his Son as a propitiation for sin and this Love that returns good for evil heals all sorrows.

What the fuck.

An omnipotent creature who planned his son (who is also him) to be crucified is worse than rape which is both unplanned and done to those without any power to stop it?

Yeah, okay

[Image: 9a2.gif]

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 06:48 PM
(14-07-2014 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 05:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No you have not solved it. He is unwilling to stop the rape of children so your god is a child molester by proxy.

Childeye solved the problem of evil like a baboon solves sudoku.
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in evil? Yes or no.
15-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(15-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  A trick question with a false premise that I do not accept. To answer would be to accept the premise.

Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?
Ohhh I see. You think when I say because of vanity I am saying God is vain? No, I am saying that He wants to let vanity run it's course knowing evil will destroy evil in hypocrisy.
15-07-2014, 06:56 PM
(15-07-2014 06:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?
Ohhh I see. You think when I say because of vanity I am saying God is vain? No, I am saying that He wants to let vanity run it's course knowing evil will destroy evil in hypocrisy.

AKA god will destroy himself one day.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
15-07-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2014 07:04 PM by childeye.)
(15-07-2014 05:37 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  Words are just words. What matters are the sentiments and intentions behind the words. What we believe to be true, ultimately governs our reasoning. I believe in the Christ because his moral reasoning's are clearly founded upon a Truth that is the Goodness/Love that is Eternal and would therefore return good for evil.

Quote:More words for the salad.
Which line do you not understand? Everything I said is self evident to me.
15-07-2014, 06:59 PM
(15-07-2014 06:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Children are raped every day. This is fact. You claim your god is all powerful but chooses not to act because of vanity. So why does your vain god not stop children being raped?

I've read the bible your god is very vain.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 07:01 PM
(15-07-2014 05:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Your question is the sword of the Gospel. Why did Jesus suffer the cross and forgive his crucifiers when he could have stopped it? Believe it or not, the answer is because Love is Eternal. That is the faith of all the children of God.

So if good people don't buy into your bullshit, they aren't a "child" of your god ?
Do you believe Love is Eternal? Would you die for Love of another? Would you know why to return good for evil?
15-07-2014, 07:03 PM
(15-07-2014 06:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 06:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  Ohhh I see. You think when I say because of vanity I am saying God is vain? No, I am saying that He wants to let vanity run it's course knowing evil will destroy evil in hypocrisy.

I've read the bible your god is very vain.
Do you mean that because God seeks to glorify Himself He is vain?
15-07-2014, 07:05 PM
(15-07-2014 07:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 06:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've read the bible your god is very vain.
Do you mean that because God seeks to glorify Himself He is vain?

That would be the definition of vain.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 07:05 PM
(15-07-2014 06:56 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 06:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  Ohhh I see. You think when I say because of vanity I am saying God is vain? No, I am saying that He wants to let vanity run it's course knowing evil will destroy evil in hypocrisy.

AKA god will destroy himself one day.
Love cannot be destroyed. God is the Eternal Spirit of Love. How exactly can Love destroy Love?