The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(15-07-2014 07:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  When he cursed a fig tree.
The fig tree gave no fruit. It was already dead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 07:29 PM
(15-07-2014 07:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You are misunderstanding what he meant. Love fulfills the law. He actually died to condemn the sin, that was made apparent through the law, in the flesh and not the person. Hence he fulfilled the requirement of the law by sacrificing himself. He stood in our place and died for our sins in defense of the sinner and destroyed the administration of the law. Hence scripture says, that the laws and ordinances were nailed to the cross where Christ made a spectacle of principalities and powers.

No he was very clear about it all the old laws still apply. It was Paul of Tarsus that changed the rules, and he was a hateful cult leader.
Not at all. Christ even said that the temple would be destroyed and he would raise up a New Temple made of people not stone. The law required the Old temple in Jerusalem to exist. It is no more.
15-07-2014, 07:33 PM
(15-07-2014 07:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:14 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  When he said the rules of the old testament still applied.
You are misunderstanding what he meant. Love fulfills the law. He actually died to condemn the sin, that was made apparent through the law, in the flesh and not the person. Hence he fulfilled the requirement of the law by sacrificing himself. He stood in our place and died for our sins in defense of the sinner and destroyed the administration of the law. Hence scripture says, that the laws and ordinances were nailed to the cross where Christ made a spectacle of principalities and powers.

He said heaven and earth would have to go for the law to be destroyed.
Luke 16:17
It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
15-07-2014, 07:35 PM
(15-07-2014 07:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  When he cursed a fig tree.
The fig tree gave no fruit. It was already dead.

It wasn't dead, it was out of season.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
15-07-2014, 07:37 PM
(15-07-2014 07:33 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You are misunderstanding what he meant. Love fulfills the law. He actually died to condemn the sin, that was made apparent through the law, in the flesh and not the person. Hence he fulfilled the requirement of the law by sacrificing himself. He stood in our place and died for our sins in defense of the sinner and destroyed the administration of the law. Hence scripture says, that the laws and ordinances were nailed to the cross where Christ made a spectacle of principalities and powers.

He said heaven and earth would have to go for the law to be destroyed.
He fulfilled the law, every tittle. Christ is greater than the law. The unblemished lamb. Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
15-07-2014, 07:43 PM
(15-07-2014 07:35 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  The fig tree gave no fruit. It was already dead.

It wasn't dead, it was out of season.
Funny.
15-07-2014, 07:45 PM
(15-07-2014 07:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:33 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  He said heaven and earth would have to go for the law to be destroyed.
He fulfilled the law, every tittle. Christ is greater than the law. The unblemished lamb. Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

So you would take an apocryphal book over the direct quote of jesus? Well anything to keep the delusion going I guess.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
(15-07-2014 07:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:33 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  He said heaven and earth would have to go for the law to be destroyed.

Revelation is the apocalypse story. None of this happened (yet, according to the babble).

(15-07-2014 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:35 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  It wasn't dead, it was out of season.
Funny.

No, fucking crazy. Read the bible it was out of season and he cursed it for not bearing fruit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 07:47 PM
(15-07-2014 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:35 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  It wasn't dead, it was out of season.
Funny.

Damn straight it is. The tree wasn't fruitful because it wasn't in season. Jesus killed it despite that knowledge. It wasn't dead before Jesus got to it.

[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post