The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(15-07-2014 09:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 08:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  I agree Jesus was human.
Quote:
Quote:There have been many humans named Jesus, yes I also agree.
Funniy.

(15-07-2014 08:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  But I don't ever think anything bad about God just because it appears that way.

Quote:You should have a talk about god and his appearances then, he's not so keen on appearing good and loving all the time. You go ahead and make up what you want about an ultimate plan, the proof is in the puddin' and I don't see any.
The pudding I'm eating is the Christ.

(15-07-2014 08:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  I figure if God curses something, there is always something good to come out of it.

Quote:For who? The damned?

Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 09:22 PM
(15-07-2014 09:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 08:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yeah, yeah. I was premature with the fig tree was dead.

And you don't find it at all telling that your first response, when confronted with one of many absurdities in your scriptures, was not to look up the inadequate stock answers, nor even to check for yourself what it actually said, but to instead straight up make up a justification?

Okay then.
Well if you must know, what first came into mind was where Jesus said that the only good thing a dead tree is good for is burning.
15-07-2014, 09:45 PM
You are so fallacious it hurts.

There are so many things to argue you on but you are the prespice of all the specimens we know suffering from the god delusion. You take untested belief and turn it into fact because your reaction to the event perpetuates your fallacious ideas.

But one thing I must make absolutely clear, anger is NOT aggression. Aggression is violence and belligerent. Anger is an emotion, synonomous with frustration.

It is NOT okay to be aggressive interpersonally, it IS okay to feel anger and sublimate it positively.

If it is anything I wish believers to understand is that it is okay to be and feel angry.

Growing up religious, I was often afraid of being angry or admitting that I was angry. So instead I kept it hidden and sure enough, it's close cousin, anxiety came along and instead of venting my anger in a positive way, I practiced self harm. At twenty one years of age, I have been in a mental ward three times , several groups, and now I am participating in an out patient program.

It took me twenty years and two suicide attempts to find a group of psychologist who helped me discover my anger issue.

Anger is not aggression.

But I sypose you use them synonymously, when they are in fact not synonymous.

Peace.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
15-07-2014, 09:57 PM
(15-07-2014 09:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  The pudding I'm eating is the Christ.

I'm going to pretend you didn't post that, you did that on purpose and you have a dirty mind old man! Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-07-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2014 10:29 PM by childeye.)
(15-07-2014 09:45 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  You are so fallacious it hurts.

There are so many things to argue you on but you are the prespice of all the specimens we know suffering from the god delusion. You take untested belief and turn it into fact because your reaction to the event perpetuates your fallacious ideas.

But one thing I must make absolutely clear, anger is NOT aggression. Aggression is violence and belligerent. Anger is an emotion, synonomous with frustration.

It is NOT okay to be aggressive interpersonally, it IS okay to feel anger and sublimate it positively.

If it is anything I wish believers to understand is that it is okay to be and feel angry.

Growing up religious, I was often afraid of being angry or admitting that I was angry. So instead I kept it hidden and sure enough, it's close cousin, anxiety came along and instead of venting my anger in a positive way, I practiced self harm. At twenty one years of age, I have been in a mental ward three times , several groups, and now I am participating in an out patient program.

It took me twenty years and two suicide attempts to find a group of psychologist who helped me discover my anger issue.

Anger is not aggression.

But I sypose you use them synonymously, when they are in fact not synonymous.

Peace.
There are many connotations for the term aggression. For example, a person can be aggressive pursuing a job or in sporting competition. I used the term anger to make sure I was understanding you and that my response was the correct inference. So I don't think that aggression is synonymous with anger. But I do believe anger preempts aggressive behavior in that connotation.

I would like to correct you on your comment about my "fallacious" ideas. You say this: You take untested belief and turn it into fact because your reaction to the event perpetuates your fallacious ideas.

In this single statement you have revealed to me the foundation for your conclusion that my "ideas" are fallacious.

You have the fallacious idea that my beliefs are untested and not fact. I know for a fact that Love is the goodness in mankind. That is not my idea. It is self evident and needs no testing. You will then say to me something like, you don't know that Love is God. But since I do not know what you mean when you use the term god, my response is bound to be misunderstood. When I say God, I mean the absolute moral authority, the same love that is in every person who knows to treat others as they would want to be treated. When we treat others as we would not want to be treated, we sin. Everything I believe about God is reasoned upon that simple Truth.

To convince me that God does not exist, you would have to prove to me that Love is not real or trustworthy. When I say I believe, it is not a blind belief in something unseen. It may be unseen as a physical substance, but not unseen in the metaphysical nature of the mind. Therefore when I say I believe, I mean I trust.

You say you grew up religious. So did I. But the day I met Jesus was the day I quite being religious. God and religion are not the same thing and should not be conflated.
15-07-2014, 10:26 PM
(15-07-2014 09:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 09:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  The pudding I'm eating is the Christ.

I'm going to pretend you didn't post that, you did that on purpose and you have a dirty mind old man! Rolleyes
It's body and blood pudding.
15-07-2014, 10:32 PM
(15-07-2014 10:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  When I say God, I mean the absolute moral authority, the same love that is in every person who knows to treat others as they would want to be treated. When we treat others as we would not want to be treated, we sin. Everything I believe about God is reasoned upon that simple Truth.

If this were true, then there is no way you would even attempt to use the bible as an accurate depiction of what you call god. Fail to the umpth degree, my friend. Your shortcoming is attempting to paint yahweh as an ultimate love, when the god of the bible is demonstrably anything but.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-07-2014, 10:36 PM
(15-07-2014 10:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 09:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm going to pretend you didn't post that, you did that on purpose and you have a dirty mind old man! Rolleyes
It's body and blood pudding.

Um, yeah I kinda got that but wasn't going to get that gross. You're really trying to goad me into making some inappropriate comments but it's just too rich. I can't do it.

~ Umberto Eco
15-07-2014, 10:48 PM
(15-07-2014 10:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 10:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's body and blood pudding.

Um, yeah I kinda got that but wasn't going to get that gross. You're really trying to goad me into making some inappropriate comments but it's just too rich. I can't do it.

We've done this before....

Seriously......

Tho the jebus pudding pop is a disgusting idea.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2014, 10:49 PM
(15-07-2014 10:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 10:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  When I say God, I mean the absolute moral authority, the same love that is in every person who knows to treat others as they would want to be treated. When we treat others as we would not want to be treated, we sin. Everything I believe about God is reasoned upon that simple Truth.

If this were true, then there is no way you would even attempt to use the bible as an accurate depiction of what you call god. Fail to the umpth degree, my friend. Your shortcoming is attempting to paint yahweh as an ultimate love, when the god of the bible is demonstrably anything but.
I don't try to use the bible as an accurate depiction of God. I never have. Sure, the Gospel is in there, but that is not why I believe in the Christ. I believe/trust in the Christ because his was a Love that never condemned anyone even when they beat him, stripped him, crucified him. This man Loved unto death. I can't help but be moved.

But you are referring to the Old Testament scriptures when God was depicted as a cruel tyrant. I only had to read that Satan was in his place of power during this time to understand how that could be.