The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(16-07-2014 04:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 03:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If they had no knowledge of good or evil how could they know it was wrong to do so?
A great and deep theological question with far reaching implications. I will scratch the surface. The freewill believers would say God told them, and they knew full well not to eat. But the not freewill believers will point out, that the lie of Satan also contained a false image of god which would question the viability of God's trustworthiness through subterfuge. So it wouldn't matter what they were told by God. Moreover, this lie presented to the innocent, is so disguised in subtlety that it is doubtful the innocent could have seen through it. What they were really being coached to believe, was that God was a lowdown self serving tyrant.

Anyway, the woman was deceived, but scripture implies that Adam had not enough confidence in himself and followed the woman.

So did they know it was wrong? The woman probably didn't, but the man probably did. If so it was the first time he had ever felt such a darkness and didn't know what to make of it except that he didn't like it. The perfection of the lie is that even if Adam did not partake, he would ever wonder if it was true or not. Therefore he might have partaken partly because he needed to find out.

There was no Adam and no Eve.

Also don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties (12)! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-07-2014, 04:32 PM
(16-07-2014 04:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 04:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  A great and deep theological question with far reaching implications. I will scratch the surface. The freewill believers would say God told them, and they knew full well not to eat. But the not freewill believers will point out, that the lie of Satan also contained a false image of god which would question the viability of God's trustworthiness through subterfuge. So it wouldn't matter what they were told by God. Moreover, this lie presented to the innocent, is so disguised in subtlety that it is doubtful the innocent could have seen through it. What they were really being coached to believe, was that God was a lowdown self serving tyrant.

Anyway, the woman was deceived, but scripture implies that Adam had not enough confidence in himself and followed the woman.

So did they know it was wrong? The woman probably didn't, but the man probably did. If so it was the first time he had ever felt such a darkness and didn't know what to make of it except that he didn't like it. The perfection of the lie is that even if Adam did not partake, he would ever wonder if it was true or not. Therefore he might have partaken partly because he needed to find out.

Also don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties (12)! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

Well said. [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-07-2014, 04:32 PM
So far Childeye has failed to establish his connection between Empathy and christianity, failed the Problem of Evil, failed the Fig tree, and now failed the question of If A&E did not have the knowledge of good and evil how could they know that eating from the tree was evil. Stay tuned for more Childeye Fails same Delusional time same Delusional thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-07-2014, 04:35 PM
(16-07-2014 04:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 04:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  A great and deep theological question with far reaching implications. I will scratch the surface. The freewill believers would say God told them, and they knew full well not to eat. But the not freewill believers will point out, that the lie of Satan also contained a false image of god which would question the viability of God's trustworthiness through subterfuge. So it wouldn't matter what they were told by God. Moreover, this lie presented to the innocent, is so disguised in subtlety that it is doubtful the innocent could have seen through it. What they were really being coached to believe, was that God was a lowdown self serving tyrant.

Love it! Laugh out load

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
16-07-2014, 04:45 PM
(16-07-2014 02:58 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  So you liked a fairy story. No shame in that. What is shameful is being so bloody impressed by the said fairy story that you decided it was true purely based on your emotions.
I don't see how I could approve of the Truth of an emotion as good without knowing what emotions are good. Buy even so, I think goodness is perfectly rational.

And may the jewelled banana shed its glorious rays on your unworthy nostril too! You have *no* frigging clue dude. You are *non compos-fucking mentis*. You are brain dead. If I was a doctor I'd give you a certificate. You are thick and you are so thick that you cannot appreciate how truly thick you are.

And one of the manifestations of your incorrigible lack of mental prowess is that you keep bleating on and on about your retarded ideas.

So ja, either you are ridiculously dumb or you're a troll Drinking Beverage If you're dumb, consider yourself informed, and shut the fuck up. If you're a troll, carry on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-07-2014, 04:55 PM
(16-07-2014 04:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Haven't you read your Bible?

Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)
Quote:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Notice I form the Light and create darkness. He is the Light that creates darkness. Light is not created, it is His form.
Elsewhere in scripture, God is Light and in Him is no darkness.

[quote]But it follows logically anyway from the belief that God existed before everything else. Therefore, everything else came from God, including evil.

Not so. The term evil is synonymous with darkness in that wherever light is not, darkness is there. Darkness cannot exist in the Light, yet Light can exist in the darkness. A foundational truth about deception is that lies are invented to oppose the Truth. It is not the other way around. the Truth was never invented to oppose the lies. The truth came first. The Light therefore came first. In the garden all began in trust not in distrust, etc...
(16-07-2014 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but are you saying God sends His son to the cross to admit His mistakes? That is not the case. The cross destroys the works of Satan who created enmity between man and God through a deception. The understanding of that is required to then understand how all sorrows will be healed. Of course evil and sorrow abound and it will get worse before it gets better. Why? Because when change happened in heaven, Satan was cast down to earth and he is trapped in time and intent on taking out his anger on those who Love God.

Quote:I am aware of the doctrine, but it makes no sense. If you have been following what I have been saying, Adam and Eve's "sin" was God's fault. Therefore, if there is any sin to necessitate Jesus' sacrifice, it is God's own mistakes that brought it about. If Satan was involved, it's only because God first made evil and temptation possible, then allowed it and all its ramifications knowing full well in advance exactly what would happen.

You will have to explain to me how it is God's fault that Adam and Eve sinned.
16-07-2014, 04:57 PM
(16-07-2014 04:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  You will have to explain to me how it is God's fault that Adam and Eve sinned.

First you will have to explain how there was "an" Adam and Eve, which are totally dis-proven by Evolution, and who we know were taken from both Canaanite myths and Babylonian myths.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-07-2014, 04:59 PM
(16-07-2014 04:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 04:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I am aware of the doctrine, but it makes no sense. If you have been following what I have been saying, Adam and Eve's "sin" was God's fault. Therefore, if there is any sin to necessitate Jesus' sacrifice, it is God's own mistakes that brought it about. If Satan was involved, it's only because God first made evil and temptation possible, then allowed it and all its ramifications knowing full well in advance exactly what would happen.

You will have to explain to me how it is God's fault that Adam and Eve sinned.

This is very simple to anyone with 2 seconds thought. If A&E were without any knowledge of good or evil they would be like small children. When small children misbehave it is the fault of their parents for not teaching them better. It would be like a toddler touching a hot stove so a parent throws them out of the house for being disobedient.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-07-2014, 05:04 PM
(16-07-2014 03:30 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 03:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  Here's the problem. If scripture is to be believed, mankind partook of the knowledge of good and evil despite God's warning. If so, then the fact that we experience evil to know the good, should not be blamed on God's indifference. Nor is any claim that He is powerless valid. Or shall I say, He is powerless to change what He himself has declared, without becoming a liar about what He first declared. Or shall I say, He can only change the outcome of what He Himself declared by sacrificing Himself.
I see you skipped the next part of my previous reply which renders everything you just said (or in essence repeated) moot.

And this is hilarious:
(16-07-2014 03:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  Or shall I say, He is powerless to change what He himself has declared, without becoming a liar about what He first declared. Or shall I say, He can only change the outcome of what He Himself declared by sacrificing Himself.
You do realize that your omnipotent god knows everything in the future, right? So then he knew all of this would be the outcome before it ever happened and, if he had wanted it to be different, he would have made it different before it ever happened. But no, he chose exactly this entire situation with Adam and Eve, knowledge of good and evil, original sin, descendants suffering tremendously over the eating of an apple by their ancestors, etc.

Clearly your God chose that many kids would be raped or would suffer horrible, painful deaths. This is exactly how your god wanted it no matter how many contortions you put yourself through attempting to shift the blame elsewhere. It's your gods design, your god's desire, and your god is fully to blame.
I understand your point. What is wrong about your attitude is that you have not seen the outcome after all is said and done.
16-07-2014, 05:15 PM
(16-07-2014 04:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 04:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  You will have to explain to me how it is God's fault that Adam and Eve sinned.

This is very simple to anyone with 2 seconds thought. If A&E were without any knowledge of good or evil they would be like small children. When small children misbehave it is the fault of their parents for not teaching them better. It would be like a toddler touching a hot stove so a parent throws them out of the house for being disobedient.
I see. So you have kids that never misbehave I take it?