The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche

Peace, childeye. I am quite convinced you will never say anything of interest.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-07-2014, 05:33 PM
(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, it would be my responsibility to teach them right from wrong. Until the age of reason a parent is completely responsible for their child and since they had not attained reason it is your insane bronze age war gods fault.
The freewill person believes we are taught right from wrong.

Using your mythology here they had no free will as they did not know the consequences of their actions.

(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The not freewill person believes Love does what is right and does not do what is wrong unless deceived.
By any stretch he is a horrible parent. I notice you have not addressed the meat of the issue yet again. Much like the child being raped your god being evil by every definition here leaves you with no excuse so you try and change the subject.

(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  So it's your fault your children misbehave is what you're saying, because you didn't teach them. What do you do to punish yourself?

Yes it is your fault if you do not teach your children. It depends on what they have done. In the case I used of a toddler touching a hot stove I am punished by the screams of pain of my children and in an extreme case by taking them to receive medical treatment. If I acted like your insane god I would throw them out of my house and blame them for touching the stove.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-07-2014, 05:34 PM
(16-07-2014 05:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The freewill person believes we are taught right from wrong.

Using your mythology here they had no free will as they did not know the consequences of their actions.

(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The not freewill person believes Love does what is right and does not do what is wrong unless deceived.
By any stretch he is a horrible parent. I notice you have not addressed the meat of the issue yet again. Much like the child being raped your god being evil by every definition here leaves you with no excuse so you try and change the subject.

(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  So it's your fault your children misbehave is what you're saying, because you didn't teach them. What do you do to punish yourself?

Yes it is your fault if you do not teach your children. It depends on what they have done. In the case I used of a toddler touching a hot stove I am punished by the screams of pain of my children and in an extreme case by taking them to receive medical treatment. If I acted like your insane god I would throw them out of my house and blame them for touching the stove.

It's no use, Rev. There's no intelligent life in this OP.

... this is my signature!
16-07-2014, 05:41 PM
(16-07-2014 05:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Using your mythology here they had no free will as they did not know the consequences of their actions.

It's no use, Rev. There's no intelligent life in this OP.

I stopped giving a shit about the child's myopic eye long ago, but there's still some interesting dialog in here even without them. Thumbsup

#sigh
16-07-2014, 05:41 PM
(16-07-2014 05:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  You should know better. This is all imagery.

If that's true, then nothing you say is real.
The imagery is an explanation meant to understand how corruption entered into mankind. That's how I see it.
16-07-2014, 05:42 PM
(16-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  No matter what the outcome, he (for the fun of it?) subjected beings that he created to indescribable suffering since the beginning of time - most for no reason at all, such as babies who have no bad thoughts he could use as excuse.

It is unreasonable and excessive punishment for something he arranged to happen.

I don't think that the end justifies the means, and I see zero justification for such horrible actions. Thank goodness the story is only made up. This god puts godzilla and Hitler to shame.
Typical. Never thankful for the good things. Always blaming God for the bad things. Ever think that it's all in our head how spoiled we are?

I am very happy for the good things in my life. I spent a life time creating them for myself, earning them with hard work. Nobody but me got me to where I am today.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-07-2014, 05:43 PM
If anything is metaphorical, the whole thing is.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
16-07-2014, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 06:59 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-07-2014 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If that's true, then nothing you say is real.
The imagery is an explanation meant to understand how corruption entered into mankind. That's how I see it.

If it's imagery, then it explains nothing. It's a metaphor which explains nothing.
It was taken directly from the Babylonian myth system which was fascinated with order and chaos, not good and evil. Nothing "entered" anything. Things as they are, are a perfect organic flow. Dinosaurs got cancer. Life on this planet was never in a preter-naturally perfect state. There is no evidence for that. It always was the way we observe it. Science has explained why things "go off the rails". Myths are no longer needed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-07-2014, 05:51 PM
(16-07-2014 05:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  Typical. Never thankful for the good things. Always blaming God for the bad things. Ever think that it's all in our head how spoiled we are?

I am very happy for the good things in my life. I spent a life time creating them for myself, earning them with hard work. Nobody but me got me to where I am today.

I also don't blame god for the bad things in my life - I blame myself and/or the nature of things, such as death is inevitable etc. You're the one who claims your god done it all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-07-2014, 06:10 PM
(16-07-2014 05:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The freewill person believes we are taught right from wrong.

Not only that, but the freewill person would yet blame them simply by claiming they could have taken the other option.
Quote:By any stretch he is a horrible parent. I notice you have not addressed the meat of the issue yet again. Much like the child being raped your god being evil by every definition here leaves you with no excuse so you try and change the subject.
You're missing the point. That is the genius of Satan's foundational lie. He is playing both ends against the middle. It's no one's fault in reality. Whether we blame God or blame Adam we are being played.

Quote:Yes it is your fault if you do not teach your children. It depends on what they have done. In the case I used of a toddler touching a hot stove I am punished by the screams of pain of my children and in an extreme case by taking them to receive medical treatment. If I acted like your insane god I would throw them out of my house and blame them for touching the stove.
So if the Father tells the child not to touch the stove, yet child touches the stove and burns themselves, can you change that? Why not blame the Father for even having a stove there in the first place? Why didn't he put a fence around it. Heck why not just conclude because there was a stove, the father put it there because he knew the toddler would touch it and the Father enjoyed the screaming? Why not blame the Fathers and the Mothers for everything that happens to all their children?