The foundational lie in the psyche

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
(16-07-2014 05:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  I see. So you have kids that never misbehave I take it?

I've never kicked a toddler out of the house for misbehaving no.
Neither did God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 06:21 PM
(16-07-2014 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  You should know better. This is all imagery.

It's imagery all right. It's allegorical for surrendering our childish naivete before the cold hard face of reason. The wages of sin are indeed the deep stark visceral realization of the permanence of death. I personally will not surrender my reason for some Pollyanna pie in the sky bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity. But some of us apparently prefer to look at the world with a child's eye.
Quite picking on Pollyanna !!!
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
16-07-2014, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 06:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-07-2014 06:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  You're missing the point. That is the genius of Satan's foundational lie. He is playing both ends against the middle. It's no one's fault in reality. Whether we blame God or blame Adam we are being played.

And then some of us are players. When I say "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" it's 'cause he got no fucking clue what he's doing or what he's up against or how to protect himself. It's for his own goddam good. Big Grin

[Image: jesussumo.jpg]

I got this shit Lucifer.

#sigh
16-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Me reading this thread....

Popcorn Facepalm Popcorn

Drinking Beverage Blink Cool Consider Facepalm Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-07-2014, 06:29 PM
(16-07-2014 06:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 05:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've never kicked a toddler out of the house for misbehaving no.
Neither did God.

He did though. He kicked them out of the garden for touching a stove. They were like children and instead of teaching them he kicked them out. That is the mark of a horrible neglectant parent. The kind that would have their children removed because they were unstable and abusive.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-07-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 07:10 PM by childeye.)
(16-07-2014 06:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 06:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  Neither did God.

He did though. He kicked them out of the garden for touching a stove. They were like children and instead of teaching them he kicked them out. That is the mark of a horrible neglectant parent. The kind that would have their children removed because they were unstable and abusive.
I'm out of my fifty posts and had to wait twenty minutes for this opportunity to post. This is my last post.

They didn't touch a stove okay? They partook of that which destroyed their innocence just as Satan desired. The reason they couldn't stay in the garden was because God did not want them eating of the tree of life. There are good reasons for that. The fact is, they had become corrupted and could not be allowed back until they had learned to appreciate from where they had fallen by falling.

The two flaming swords that guard the way to the tree of life are accuse and excuse. No hypocrisy is allowed in. Therefore, you are really onto something in noticing Adam and Eve could not help what they did. Many theists don't see that.
But God does.

The nature of the corruption that entered Adam and Eve is revealed in that they saw they were naked. Afterwards the effects of the knowledge of good and evil is seen in their offspring. Their first son is Cain and his reasoning is revealed by his offering and is different to the reasoning of his brother Abel. Both of these traits are in mankind, even on this forum.
16-07-2014, 07:05 PM
(16-07-2014 07:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  Both of these traits are in mankind, even on this forum.

Pray tell, which of us are the evil ones and which are the good?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-07-2014, 07:11 PM
(16-07-2014 07:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 07:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  Both of these traits are in mankind, even on this forum.

Pray tell, which of us are the evil ones and which are the good?

I hope I'm evil.

They're the ones with cookies, right?

... this is my signature!
16-07-2014, 07:19 PM
(16-07-2014 07:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 06:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He did though. He kicked them out of the garden for touching a stove. They were like children and instead of teaching them he kicked them out. That is the mark of a horrible neglectant parent. The kind that would have their children removed because they were unstable and abusive.
I'm out of my fifty posts and had to wait twenty minutes for this opportunity to post. This is my last post.

They didn't touch a stove okay? They partook of that which destroyed their innocence just as Satan desired. The reason they couldn't stay in the garden was because God did not want them eating of the tree of life. There are good reasons for that. The fact is, they had become corrupted and could not be allowed back until they had learned to appreciate from where they had fallen by falling.

The two flaming swords that guard the way to the tree of life are accuse and excuse. No hypocrisy is allowed in. Therefore, you are really onto something in noticing Adam and Eve could not help what they did. Many theists don't see that.
But God does.

The nature of the corruption that entered Adam and Eve is revealed in that they saw they were naked. Afterwards the effects of the knowledge of good and evil is seen in their offspring. Their first son is Cain and his reasoning is revealed by his offering and is different to the reasoning of his brother Abel. Both of these traits are in mankind, even on this forum.

They had no knowledge of good or evil. It is the same as locking a toddler in a room with a hot stove and then when they burn themselves kicking them out of your house. I believe you said you were a parent. Would you kick a baby out of your house for touching a stove you left on and then allowed them to touch because of your inattentiveness?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-07-2014, 07:20 PM
(16-07-2014 07:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 07:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pray tell, which of us are the evil ones and which are the good?

I hope I'm evil.

They're the ones with cookies, right?

I was hoping they were the ones with carrot cake. Beat_stick

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.