19-07-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: The foundational lie in the psyche
Truth is most certainly an artifact. Drinking Beverage

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 09:31 AM
(18-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  I would correct something about what you think I believe. It is apparent that I have not explained myself thoroughly. I am saying that God/Love/goodness/Godliness/Light/Truth is Eternal. Goodness was never created, it has always been and shall always be.
Correction noted. Would you also say that evil has always existed? Consider

(18-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  This is rather confusing. You say above that you only care what is really there, it's real implications and especially if it's true. That sounds like you want to understand it and ascertain its validity, if any. I do too. But you also say you don't care about what you're supposed to draw from scripture. That's like saying you don't care what the writer's trying to get across. That doesn't make sense to me. I have always found scripture trying to explain Eternal things from a temporal perspective. It isn't always easy to comprehend why evil must happen. This world and all that happens in it, is probably only a moment.
What I object to are the words "supposed to". Some writers write so clearly that it's obvious what they want you to understand or learn from their writing. For them, "supposed to" works. But, for the Bible, it is anything but clear. So "supposed to" is meaningless.

(18-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  A tricky question. If I'm supposed to learn the value of good things through experiencing bad things, then I need to care. I want to learn the lesson as well as possible. For that is the perfection of my praise.
But I don't care that God allows bad things so as to hold it against Him. I figure He knows what He's doing. I agree with Job. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I do not presume to judge Him based on my limited understanding.
"I figure He knows what He's doing." That's scary because it's based on pure faith. You could be putting your faith in Satan pretending to be God and you would never know it.

(18-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  Moreover, I note that the Christ is not a heinous image of God, nor a heinous son of man. He suffers too just like us. When I ask the Holy Spirit why the Old Testament God is so harsh, I get the impression that Satan was in control of the back and forth between heaven and earth during that time. The Spirit tells me to notice that the Christ, the True image of God sent by God, was crucified by those who were in charge of the temple and by the secular authorities. I take that to mean God was not in charge of the Old Testament. I think the Old Testament law was a trap for Satan, and his self righteous merciless false piety was displayed for all of heaven to see, when he crucified the True Image of God. Hence Jesus says, now is the time the prince of this world is cast out.
Satan was in control? How is that possible with an omnipotent God? Consider What do you mean God was not in charge of the Old Testament? The Old Testament is the old law the Jesus said he came not to abolish, but to fulfill.

(18-07-2014 05:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have thought many times about Glory. There is much I could say on the subject, but I will be brief. I Love to behold God's glory. It is an ecstasy. Men see it and fall prostrate, and all else becomes meaningless in comparison, even life and death. The worst place imaginable to me is where my praise would never be heard.

Glory is not important to God like you might think. It is important for our sake. Without God being glorified, vanity will persist and all will die. That is why scripture says so that no flesh may glory. His glory must be realized so that vanity is destroyed. The revealing of God's glory and the end of all vanity are the same thing.
For a god to whom glory is not important, he sure does spend an awful lot of time making sure we humans praise, worship, follow, and otherwise glorify him. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
21-07-2014, 09:42 AM
(18-07-2014 05:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  I believe there is a lie upon which all other lies are built...
...I have yet to see any worthy dialogue, or even any comprehension of it's existence and the subsequent implications, all because every mind here appears to be disabled by Godphobia.
Or because it simply doesn't exist. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
21-07-2014, 03:05 PM
LOL. I missed the Godphobia comment.

ChildEye, you're a special kind of special.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.