The four horsemen documentary.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: The four horsemen documentary.
Ok tell me something wise he said and how we can use it to improve either our lives or the lives of humanity in general. Come on bring it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 01:51 AM
(21-02-2014 01:44 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Ok tell me something wise he said and how we can use it to improve either our lives or the lives of humanity in general. Come on bring it.

You talkin' to me?

I didn't say he said anything like that, he makes good observations is all. You wanna take a step back? You're standin' on my dick.

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 07:38 AM
(21-02-2014 01:44 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Ok tell me something wise he said and how we can use it to improve either our lives or the lives of humanity in general. Come on bring it.

Have you got something else better to say??? It is easy to criticize the messenger, yet offer nothing in return.

Anyway, in addressing the thread and everybody in general now....

I think it is plainly obvious from looking around the planet that the system (capitalism) is by no means perfect. It is only when we acknowledge the problems can we offer solutions. Many of the issues have been shrouded in "conspiracy" but now it would appear that more and more people are becoming enlightened to how the system actually works. Of course there is still a lot of misinformation and half truths out there, some of which may taint some of my beliefs. What I feel is more important though is people are beginning to question the system. The more people that question the system the more information is spread and over time the disinformation will be weeded out.

Our systems needs growth to continue, it needs growth to service the debt that comes through the creation of new money. This growth which seems infinite on paper, is in the long run not sustainable for the planet..... full stop.

TPTB (the powers that be) I think are aware of this, that is why you see freedoms being slowly took away and preparations being made for uprisings (Stock piling ammunition in america, the attempts to issue water cannons on the streets of the UK for the first time in our history) and when the economy takes another turn for the worse (which I believe it will do) the populace will turn to the oppressors for help.

Government is meant to be there to service the people and on the surface it does, however that is secondary to its crony capitalism.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
22-02-2014, 11:51 PM
...finally finished watching it. It's pretty interesting. I wouldn't say everything in it is as well supported as everything else, but the observations of how societies rise and fall seem to line up with history. I will say this though, the industrial revolution was as transformative as the invention of farming. This time, really is a bit different, but some lessons from history certainly still apply. Fractional reserve banking really is just legallized fraud, and it does in fact result in massive wealth transfers to those in charge of banking.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
22-02-2014, 11:55 PM
(21-02-2014 07:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  Government is meant to be there to service the people and on the surface it does, however that is secondary to its crony capitalism.

I'm not convinced this is true. IMHO, government exists, to serve those in government. But, part of serving them, is to make a society they enjoy living in, and keep the masses content enough not to revolt, so as a side effect, it ends up serving the people to some degree - but not to the degree they are taxed.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post