The fuck with hinduism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: The fuck with hinduism
(10-04-2014 08:37 PM)b1g_br0th3r Wrote:  did you know wives use to sacrifice theirselves when their husbands died?

Or were sacrificed by others.

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
10-04-2014, 08:44 PM
(10-04-2014 08:42 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 08:37 PM)b1g_br0th3r Wrote:  did you know wives use to sacrifice theirselves when their husbands died?

Or were sacrificed by others.

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

Who and where is the quote from? It's excellent! Thumbsup

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
10-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Speaking of related to hinduism..

I stumbled across one particularly .....special religion the other day as I study religion as a personal passion. It is called Inedia.

Inedia or breatharianism is a practice which alleges the ability to live without food. Breatharians claim that food and possibly water are not necessary, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana (the vital life force in Hinduism), or, according to some, by the energy in sunlight (according to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana). The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy practiced as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet.

Breatharianism, to no surprise, is considered a lethal pseudoscience by scientists and medical professionals, and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation and/or dehydration. I would say you can’t help ignorance, but to think of the follower of this particular flavor of delusion who has children….

The thought of various forms of believers poisoning the minds of their children with their favorite delusion sickens me to be quite honest. Of course the parents think they are doing the right thing…but an outsider may be able to see another perspective..

I have a dream, a dream that all religious people convert to this most excellent delusion.

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
10-04-2014, 08:51 PM
(10-04-2014 08:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Speaking of related to hinduism..

I stumbled across one particularly .....special religion the other day as I study religion as a personal passion. It is called Inedia.

Inedia or breatharianism is a practice which alleges the ability to live without food. Breatharians claim that food and possibly water are not necessary, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana (the vital life force in Hinduism), or, according to some, by the energy in sunlight (according to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana). The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy practiced as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet.

Breatharianism, to no surprise, is considered a lethal pseudoscience by scientists and medical professionals, and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation and/or dehydration. I would say you can’t help ignorance, but to think of the follower of this particular flavor of delusion who has children….

The thought of various forms of believers poisoning the minds of their children with their favorite delusion sickens me to be quite honest. Of course the parents think they are doing the right thing…but an outsider may be able to see another perspective..

I have a dream, a dream that all religious people convert to this most excellent delusion.

Drooling

Blink Damn not even Christianity stoops that low.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
(10-04-2014 08:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 08:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Speaking of related to hinduism..

Drooling

Blink Damn not even Christianity stoops that low.

Every time I think the latest made up religion is bat shit crazier than any other, along comes another good idea fairy with a new delusion, and lo and behold, some dumb ( i ) will follow it. Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
probably .01% of hindus believe that.

the self-righteous asshole Drinking Beverage
10-04-2014, 09:15 PM
(10-04-2014 08:10 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 01:11 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I know. I'm fresh out of jokes though... I just wanted to share my thoughts. Besides, I hear reincarnation is coming back. (lol).

Geeez. Don't have a cow, man.

If I did, I would be more than holy than any one, ever. I would throw the biggest feast for ya'll (but no beef). Drinking Beverage
10-04-2014, 09:59 PM
(10-04-2014 08:44 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 08:42 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Or were sacrificed by others.

Who and where is the quote from? It's excellent! Thumbsup

Charles James Napier. A bit of a cunt actually, a British colonial general in India in the 19th century. Very brutal in his put-downs of insurrection. Believed that Indians were too stupid and ignorant to govern themselves. But at least he didn't condone the burning of innocent women just because they're widows.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
11-04-2014, 03:06 AM
The only thing I know about Hinduism is that it's the oldest religion. Is this right? Or am I wrong?
11-04-2014, 06:29 AM
(10-04-2014 01:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Trouble is, the majority of us here are Westerners... You can only really joke about what you know.

I know absolutely fuck all about Hinduism, so I wouldn't know where to start. No

Yeah, that's about where I am. If I draw on my vast experiences from when I learned about this in school over 20 years ago, I've got:
  • Lol, what's so special about cows?
  • Looks like an excuse to force a caste system on poor people (already covered by Tarterus Sauce).
  • Reincarnation? How do they explain growing populations?
...aaaand, that's about it. I suppose I could go with the good failsafe "yabut where's the evidence for it?" and call it a day.