The fuck with hinduism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 06:50 AM
RE: The fuck with hinduism
(11-04-2014 06:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 01:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Trouble is, the majority of us here are Westerners... You can only really joke about what you know.

I know absolutely fuck all about Hinduism, so I wouldn't know where to start. No

Yeah, that's about where I am. If I draw on my vast experiences from when I learned about this in school over 20 years ago, I've got:
  • Lol, what's so special about cows?
  • Looks like an excuse to force a caste system on poor people (already covered by Tarterus Sauce).
  • Reincarnation? How do they explain growing populations?
...aaaand, that's about it. I suppose I could go with the good failsafe "yabut where's the evidence for it?" and call it a day.

It's like, there is so much Fail there, it's impossible to figure out where to start with it.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Maybe this is why is so hard to learn about or talk about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism#Concept_of_God

Quote:Hinduism is a diverse system of thought with beliefs spanning monotheism, polytheism, panentheism, pantheism, monism, and atheism among others;[281][282][web 19][283] and its concept of God is complex and depends upon each individual and the tradition and philosophy followed. It is sometimes referred to as henotheistic (i.e., involving devotion to a single god while accepting the existence of others), but any such term is an overgeneralization.[284]
(bold added by me)

Blink

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
11-04-2014, 02:48 PM
(11-04-2014 06:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  [*]Reincarnation? How do they explain growing populations?

You 'progress' as you move through the lives... so basically a bunch of animals from the past moved up because they did a good job in their previous life, hence so many freakin' humans now. Makes perfect sense. Dodgy
11-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Dafuq is IndianAtheist doing when we need him to weigh in on this shit?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-04-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 01:12 PM by IndianAtheist.)
Hey don't worry i know every facet of this ancient religion,urban Indians are usually reserved about their religion because of cultural brainwashing and horseshit nationalistic propaganda.

That's why even though India is a secular and a "sort-of" a makeshift democratic country no one feels comfortable enough to express their opinions unless it goes along with the crowd.

This video shows the 101 of Caste system :-

Caste system is nothing but elitist circlejerk which leads to societal inequality,it is very archaic and doesn't belong in a modern democratic society.

Caste system operates mostly discreet in urban india but in remote areas untouchability and social segregation is still practiced today,it is a clear indication that india is light years behind of developed countries in terms of societal progress.

As far as the treatment of women goes they are treated like second class citizens and "property" at least that's how Hinduism views women like,modern educated Hindus may not treat women like that but i'm certain that Hinduism at its central dogma condones misogyny&social discrimination,women are generally psychologically wired to accept misogyny&subjugation to disgusting levels (and the fact that my mother happens to be one of them pisses the fuck out of me)

Most modern educated Indians still blindly follow traditions&customs of the bygone ancient civilization without evaluating&assessing them in a fair light,they just follow it because they are taught to not to question what they're taught,the most typical answer you'll get from any Indian on the topic of gender discrimination,castism is that :-

"Well the society is like that and we can't change that"

Inferring that things are ought to be like this and we are supposed to accept this and shouldn't discuss it because it is not relevant to our lives,women are discouraged to live their lives in their own terms when they are married,they are discouraged in their studies,career and are forced fed this ideology that women belong in the kitchen,they are made to feel ashamed of their own bodies women are considered 'Impure" when they are menstruating and are not allowed to enter temples and other social gatherings.

Only in India will you find rape victims being shamed into committing suicide by the society&family because they aren't virgins anymore because.. who needs humanity anyway? the only thing that matters is her virginity,though women are just as responsible for their own discrimination&abuse because they accept subjugation&Misogyny as a part of their daily life rather than a criminal offense,the "Societal shaming" or "Slut shaming" is one of the main reasons why poor uneducated women in India are suffering so much from rape because the family&society doesn't support or empathize with the victim instead it shames the victim because of its own poor understanding of sex&human rights.

To be honest,i really fucking HATE the modern feminist moment in western society,it doesn't even bother to address countries like Afghanistan and India where women are actually being deprived of human rights only thing that matters to them is their pissing contest with anglophone men.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 3 users Like IndianAtheist's post