The fun to debate. The summary. Does the false atheism won?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: The fun to debate. The summary. Does the false atheism won?
Moderately amusing. Unable to determine the level of satire at this time. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 06:22 AM
(08-12-2016 05:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I am not interested.

That makes two of us.

(08-12-2016 05:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I asked is this clip made by the False Christians? Is this clip against the True Christianity?

Why ask here?
Why not ask the makers of the video?
Why not ask those who claim to be christians?

The christianity I was taught is a mockery against humanity.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-12-2016, 06:24 AM
(08-12-2016 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The christianity I was taught is a mockery against humanity.

It's worse than that. The Christianity you were taught was a mockery of Christianity.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 06:38 AM
(08-12-2016 06:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The christianity I was taught is a mockery against humanity.

It's worse than that. The Christianity you were taught was a mockery of Christianity.

eh? Consider

How so?

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
08-12-2016, 07:02 AM
(08-12-2016 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 05:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I am not interested.

That makes two of us.

(08-12-2016 05:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I asked is this clip made by the False Christians? Is this clip against the True Christianity?

Why ask here?
Why not ask the makers of the video?
Why not ask those who claim to be christians?

The christianity I was taught is a mockery against humanity.

They hardly can be superior than my friends here. This video is a shame.
08-12-2016, 07:08 AM
(08-12-2016 07:02 AM)theBorg Wrote:  They hardly can be superior than my friends here. This video is a shame.

The only question is the level of wingnuttery. They're either wing nut Christians or wing nut satirists of wing nut Christians. Undecided

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-12-2016, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 07:37 AM by GirlyMan.)
(08-12-2016 06:38 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 06:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's worse than that. The Christianity you were taught was a mockery of Christianity.

eh? Consider

How so?

Christianity has misinterpreted their own words. "He is not God of the dead, but of the living." (Mark 12:27) is not the promise of eternal life but rather that the dead need no God. "And saying, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2) does not mean that heaven and Christ's return are imminent, it means they are immediate. Here and now. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) does not mean believe in Jesus to be saved, it means "Follow my way and you will find God for yourself." There are many many more convoluted misinterpretations. For people who say they treat the Bible literally they sure have an incoherent and convoluted way of showing it. Jesus was just one in a long line (from Hammurabi to the Egyptian goddess Ma'at to Leviticus and Hillel to Confucius and Lao-Tse and Gautama to the Sanskrit's Vidura to Thales and Sextus to Zarathustra to Seneca the Younger to Tamil's Tiruvalluvar to ...) proposing variations of the golden, silver, and platinum rules as a way to live. As Hillel the Elder said "What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow: this is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 07:43 AM
(08-12-2016 05:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 05:27 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Reality is a mockery of True Christianity.

I am not interested. I asked is this clip made by the False Christians? Is this clip against the True Christianity?

You've never heard of satire?
08-12-2016, 07:46 AM
(08-12-2016 07:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 06:38 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  eh? Consider

How so?

Christianity has misinterpreted their own words. "He is not God of the dead, but of the living." (Mark 12:27) is not the promise of eternal life but rather that the dead need no God. "And saying, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2) does not mean that heaven and Christ's return are imminent, it means they are immediate. Here and now. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) does not mean believe in Jesus to be saved, it means "Follow my way and you will find God for yourself." There are many many more convoluted misinterpretations. For people who say they treat the Bible literally they sure have an incoherent and convoluted way of showing it. Jesus was just one in a long line (from Hammurabi to the Egyptian goddess Ma'at to Leviticus and Hillel to Confucius and Lao-Tse and Gautama to the Sanskrit's Vidura to Thales and Sextus to Zarathustra to Seneca the Younger to Tamil's Tiruvalluvar to ...) proposing variations of the golden, silver, and platinum rules as a way to live. As Hillel the Elder said "What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow: this is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

Ok. Gotcha. Thumbsup

ETA: I agree on both points.

08-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Anyone who uses the phrase "True Christianity" (except as satire) is an egotistical maniac, who should probably be locked up in a padded cell...........

Anyone who thinks they've got the "right" religion is more likely to be a violent megalomaniac who feels he/she is entitled say anything, or do anything without fear of retribution --- because "God said I could".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post