The fun to debate. The summary. Does the false atheism won?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: The fun to debate. The summary. Does the false atheism won?
(08-12-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Be warned: part of the clip tells what a pastor is ugly. This part is against the True Christianity.

With around 40,000 Christian denominations worldwide, WTF is "the True Christianity"? Rolleyes

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 09:52 AM
I had to stop watching that video. Do the people who made that video really think that that's "Patrick" Dawkins' real argument??

I'm genuinely floored. If not for the intro website posted, I would think it was someone deliberately trying to make Christians look bad.

Holy Bullshit, Batman!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-12-2016, 10:03 AM
IMO, there is no "True Christianity" at all. Christians are unable to reproduce any of the miracles that Jesus supposedly said they would be able to do. Relatively few of them consistently practice Matthew 25:35-40 (feed the hungry, clothe the naked) and entirely too many of them (including the very yappy Borg) practice their religion as publicly as possible rather than praying quietly.

They're all fakes. All of them. You too, Borg.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2016, 10:12 AM
(08-12-2016 09:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I had to stop watching that video. Do the people who made that video really think that that's "Patrick" Dawkins' real argument??

I don't even know it they're a satire site or a real site; even worse, I don't even know if there's still a difference. Gasp

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-12-2016, 10:14 AM
I think it's more than you're giving them credit for, Astreja. We just hear from the loudmouthed idiots more than the ones who are quietly doing what they call "The Lord's Work" of feeding the hungry, etc.

You're 100% right about the failure of the magical abilities they were promised. Mostly because magic is a good story, like a dragon, but it isn't real. The poor dears.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
(08-12-2016 09:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I had to stop watching that video. Do the people who made that video really think that that's "Patrick" Dawkins' real argument??

I thought they were trying to make fun of Patrick Stewart and was confused as to why he had hair.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 12:06 PM
(08-12-2016 10:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You're 100% right about the failure of the magical abilities they were promised. Mostly because magic is a good story, like a dragon, but it isn't real. The poor dears.

The magic is realized through our technology. Know why they call "RF" "RF"? Because it's real fucking magic. (yeah I groaned when I first heard it too).

#sigh
08-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Facepalm Aw, geeze. Another thread from theBorg. Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-12-2016, 12:41 PM
(08-12-2016 10:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I think it's more than you're giving them credit for, Astreja. We just hear from the loudmouthed idiots more than the ones who are quietly doing what they call "The Lord's Work" of feeding the hungry, etc.

That's a fair criticism, RS. I know that there are many, many people who quietly do good things and who identify as Christian. I prefer to just think of them as nice people rather than adherents of a particular religion, because no one religion owns compassion.

If all Christianity did was inspire people to be good to other people, I would have no problem with it. As a package deal, though, it's a mess.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
08-12-2016, 02:19 PM
(08-12-2016 09:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who uses the phrase "True Christianity" (except as satire) is an egotistical maniac, who should probably be locked up in a padded cell...........

If a christian says, what atheism is right, is he then a False Christian?