The fundamental unit of consciousness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 04:48 PM
The fundamental unit of consciousness
Is I. Exodus 3:14:

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

YHWH sits at the nexus of half the world's belief systems not because YHWH is true, but rather because it is instinctively known that the numbers match observation. In the beginning, god created the heavens and the earth... as if there is a possible way to remember being not-I. And when we speak of past with words as a culture, we are remembering as a culture. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Because Love is Hate. Love is Void, the deep blue sea; still in its tranquility. Eternal. We are not. We are the motion of the ocean. We are the restlessness of the causal, the keepers of the count, the guardians of order at the borderlands of chaos. It is because we have evolved to simulate future that we assume something needs to be guarded, but what are we preserving?

I.

Note the inescaple dualities. I AM has sent. I, we; guardians. An inside, and an outside; an eternal now, and a troubling then - when I does not exist. Fear, another consequence of evolution, codifies hate. Know what I hate?

I hate to think you don't have the kind of joy I have; which I have "received from Gwyneth Paltrow." That's why I abuse that girl's name. I'm an atheist; to name god is to claim god. She is mine, and I am fine; considering not-I.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: The fundamental unit of consciousness
I like that one better than Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sum, but I still don't find it persuasive. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 05:15 PM
(30-03-2012 04:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Is I. Exodus 3:14:

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

YHWH sits at the nexus of half the world's belief systems not because YHWH is true, but rather because it is instinctively known that the numbers match observation. In the beginning, god created the heavens and the earth... as if there is a possible way to remember being not-I. And when we speak of past with words as a culture, we are remembering as a culture. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Because Love is Hate. Love is Void, the deep blue sea; still in its tranquility. Eternal. We are not. We are the motion of the ocean. We are the restlessness of the causal, the keepers of the count, the guardians of order at the borderlands of chaos. It is because we have evolved to simulate future that we assume something needs to be guarded, but what are we preserving?

I.

Note the inescaple dualities. I AM has sent. I, we; guardians. An inside, and an outside; an eternal now, and a troubling then - when I does not exist. Fear, another consequence of evolution, codifies hate.
You're assuming this ever happened.

I happen to know it did not.

There is no evidence that any person or event mentioned in the Bible before David ever existed.

Now where does that leave your I AM? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
30-03-2012, 05:24 PM
(30-03-2012 05:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now where does that leave your I AM? Big Grin

AM I?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2012, 05:33 PM
(30-03-2012 05:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now where does that leave your I AM? Big Grin

In my pants. Thumbsup

This little rant was inspired by the contention raised by Egor that Gwyneth Paltrow need worry about me... absurd, of course, but the n00bs don't know that. So if you're a n00b and you're reading this, if you state that I am a threat to Gwyneth Paltrow; I of course will hafta kill this unit. Making you an accessory to murder.

Now you know. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-03-2012, 06:01 PM
(30-03-2012 05:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This little rant was inspired by the contention raised by Egor that Gwyneth Paltrow need worry about me... absurd, of course, but the n00bs don't know that.

Aw fuck. ... Now I gotta go find this thread and read more Egor. ... fuck. No

(30-03-2012 05:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So if you're a n00b and you're reading this, if you state that I am a threat to Gwyneth Paltrow; I of course will hafta kill this unit. Making you an accessory to murder.

Technically I think it would be assisted suicide, but those may or may not be the same depending on your jurisdiction. Wink

30-03-2012, 06:04 PM
(30-03-2012 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Technically I think it would be assisted suicide, but those may or may not be the same depending on your jurisdiction. Wink

Of course. The use of the emotionally charged term murder is merely marketing strategy. Wink

30-03-2012, 06:06 PM
(30-03-2012 06:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Technically I think it would be assisted suicide, but those may or may not be the same depending on your jurisdiction. Wink

Of course. The use of the emotionally charged term murder is merely marketing strategy. Wink
Give me the title of this thread which has you so discombobulated brother.

30-03-2012, 06:14 PM
(30-03-2012 05:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In my pants. Thumbsup
[Image: ed-mcmahon.jpg]

Quote:This little rant was inspired by the contention raised by Egor that Gwyneth Paltrow need worry about me... absurd, of course, but the n00bs don't know that. So if you're a n00b and you're reading this, if you state that I am a threat to Gwyneth Paltrow; I of course will hafta kill this unit. Making you an accessory to murder.

Now you know. Big Grin

This is good advice. I think it should be made into a sticky to newcomers to our forum. Laughat

And I have it on good authority there are some here who feel that Egor is a threat to others just in general, so he should be looking at the beam in his own eye rather than the mote in Doc HoC's eye!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-03-2012, 06:15 PM
(30-03-2012 06:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 06:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course. The use of the emotionally charged term murder is merely marketing strategy. Wink
Give me the title of this thread which has you so discombobulated brother.
No discombobulation, brother. Merely a periodical reaffirmation of Gwynnite. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post