The furry critters they run amok...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 05:37 PM
The furry critters they run amok...
We have three small dogs that are pretty good. They don't chew on anything other then their toys and besides thinking that they are saving us from the garbage truck and thunder they are fairly quiet.

For the last couple months my husband has been home after back surgery and the dogs have been blissfully happy to have company to sit on the couch and watch TV with and to play doorman when they weather didn't cooperate enough to just leave the door open.

Sunday night husband left for the east coast for a funeral. Yesterday the dogs were good here alone. I was here about an hour after work and before class. All was calm.

Today I get home, go upstairs to find that my clean laundry that I didn't have time to put away was scattered all over the floor...oh goody...like one washing and drying and folding wasn't enough. Then I found my blue scarf...I think it was on a chair and I had forgotten about it.

The scarf is fine but the...oh about a dozen...blue rabbit fur pom poms are missing...I think I will probably see them again...UGH.

Had to find something to shore up the barricade on the steps.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: The furry critters they run amok...
It's about scent. When you leave them downstairs (good idea), maybe put out a blanket that smells like you (or your detergent, lol!)

Just make sure there aren't any rabbit pompoms around, lol!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Ha ha we love our animals too. Had 3 dogs but one passed away after 15 years. Two more left My Wheaten Boddercollie and a red Cattledog cross with a blue tailConsider

One very furry moggie who is 11. 3 chooks (chickens for you AmericansSmile)

They all co-habitate very well, the only one that took a little time was the cattle dog when we got her. Our animals make us smile everyday, would not be without them.Thumbsup

O.M.D. ('cause the dog is real)
[+] 1 user Likes OhMyDoG's post
01-06-2013, 04:16 AM
I dog was rarely let inside.

My family had her as an outside dog, so we only had problems with her if a sheet or something came off the washing line.

She wouldn't eat it; but by non-existent god, you were lucky to see it in one piece again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-06-2013, 04:49 AM
(30-04-2013 05:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have three small dogs that are pretty good. They don't chew on anything other then their toys and besides thinking that they are saving us from the garbage truck and thunder they are fairly quiet.

For the last couple months my husband has been home after back surgery and the dogs have been blissfully happy to have company to sit on the couch and watch TV with and to play doorman when they weather didn't cooperate enough to just leave the door open.

Sunday night husband left for the east coast for a funeral. Yesterday the dogs were good here alone. I was here about an hour after work and before class. All was calm.

Today I get home, go upstairs to find that my clean laundry that I didn't have time to put away was scattered all over the floor...oh goody...like one washing and drying and folding wasn't enough. Then I found my blue scarf...I think it was on a chair and I had forgotten about it.

The scarf is fine but the...oh about a dozen...blue rabbit fur pom poms are missing...I think I will probably see them again...UGH.

Had to find something to shore up the barricade on the steps.

How much exercise re they getting, Anj? The might be bored.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
01-06-2013, 08:16 AM
It's not lack of exercise Carlo...we have a big yard where they run and play. It was just that after having someone home, all day every day, for a couple months the princess (and youngest one) got into mischief when left without adult supervision. The little shit. All's right in their world again and nothing is being eaten that shouldn't be.

01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Our dog does well when we go out for the day -- but honestly someone is always here.

Husband yelled at me, just a few moments and the dog left the room. He always leaves the room when we argue. Lol.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
This is why I have cats. Tongue
01-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Luckily after the rabbit fur eating episode I was able to confer with our vet...who lives next door. That can be kinda handy.