The future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 04:54 AM
The future

this looks amazing, i really hope this happens. Humanity should spend its money on things like this rather than pumping it into the war machine. Imagine where we would be if things like this would receive the same budget as the millitary.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like H2O2's post
30-08-2013, 06:08 AM
RE: The future
Is anyone else reminded of the plot of Alien?

Unsure

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I can't help but think this is a video game trailer...

Like I understand that purhaps one day we'll be mining asteroids, buuut this is sort of like some company promoting hover cars in the 1950's...

side note: I'm disappointed this isn't a thread about time travel.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-08-2013, 02:38 PM
(30-08-2013 10:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can't help but think this is a video game trailer...

yes i had the same feeling initially, mass effect , dead space and X3 come to mind

(30-08-2013 10:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Like I understand that purhaps one day we'll be mining asteroids, buuut this is sort of like some company promoting hover cars in the 1950's...

maby, but i am just happy that somebody is doing steps in the right direction

(30-08-2013 10:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  side note: I'm disappointed this isn't a thread about time travel.

the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button. the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button.the professor says to his assistant "this is a time traveling machine, if i press this button it will send us 10 seconds back in time" as he presses the button...
31-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Yea I thought X3 too actually. Actually that was a good game, I'm gonna reinstall it.

What steps are they taking though? Creating a company called DSI? I can register a company with the exact same name. Hell, I could register a corporation and issue shares and everything. Doesn't mean this company actually does anything...
IIRC they said they gathered some experts, experts to do what? expert graphics designs to design some fancy 3d computer models?

Time travel is impossible.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-08-2013, 10:58 AM
A physicist from my uni claims he managed to send some particles back in time a few little-seconds (can't remember the prefix). According to him time gets fuzzy at those scales, but he also said that it doesn't mean big things can be moved in time... only little ones

[Image: sigvacachica.png]