The go a little easy on theists thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM
The go a little easy on theists thread
I assume there are some theists here?

Even the most hard headed rationalists among us get through the day without always demanding absolute proof of everything. Right?

Challenge to theists: Never mind absolute proof, give us some reason to suppose that the existence of God might be a plausible inference.

Warning: "Things we don't know" is not a reason to believe made up shit, so don't try and pull that one.

Any takers?

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: The go a little easy on theists thread
The reason we're (TTA) are hard on theists is because they come to an atheist forum with pure intentions on converting us and truly believing they can do so. We simply ask them that if they want us to believe in God they better provide us with some proof.
Not one has done so. Not our fault.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
(06-04-2013 09:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The reason we're (TTA) are hard on theists is because they come to an atheist forum with pure intentions on converting us and truly believing they can do so. We simply ask them that if they want us to believe in God they better provide us with some proof.

Not even our pet Calvinist has given us anything plausible.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
(06-04-2013 09:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The reason we're (TTA) are hard on theists is because they come to an atheist forum with pure intentions on converting us and truly believing they can do so. We simply ask them that if they want us to believe in God they better provide us with some proof.

Not even our pet Calvinist has given us anything plausible.Drinking Beverage

Other than QC, anyway. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
'Fraid it's not possible. Soon as you say "go easy" they hear "accept my bullshit without skepticism".

I go easy, if you don't crow from some roof top that your God is the only God and the rest of us better buck our ideas up then I got no problem and you can go right on with your life. If you *do*, then... well actually I still don't say shit, apart from places like here, but that's 'cos I'm a weener Tongue But I tend to give you the old evil eye and hope that something mildly uncomfortable like bronchitis will make you unable to reach your target audience...
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
(06-04-2013 09:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 09:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not even our pet Calvinist has given us anything plausible.Drinking Beverage

Other than QC, anyway. Tongue

Nah, that's the least plausible thing. I call photoshop.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2013, 09:21 AM
(06-04-2013 09:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nah, that's the least plausible thing. I call photoshop.Angry

Nooooooooooooooo ! Why must you ruin our dreams ? Angry #$##&%^ skeptic.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM

My point is even going easy on them, I expect they've got nothing. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
06-04-2013, 09:29 AM
C'mon theists. Are there any here?

Never mind those meanies. I'll be a squish, at least for this thread. Angel

Got anything?

06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Proof only applies to mathematics. Smartass

What I'd like to see is a demonstration that one of these two following things does not occur:

Theist projecting ego as identity of god.
Theist regurgitating spoon-fed ecclesiastical bullshit.

But those two things always seem to happen. For the most part, the theist seems incapable of thinking for himself, for skeptical analysis of his own thought process; and even when it does happen, the Rationalizer kicks in, and the theist disappears into his own navel in a whirlpool of circular logic.

And then there's the problem of being me. I remember being this proto-humanoid dying of freight in recognition of what I was looking at as being "the creator of the universe." Which is to say, why the fuck can I stand before Almighty God, and call him a motherfucking douchebag, yet they cannot? Can not even conceive of such a thing?

Keep coming up with the same answer. Ego. I mean, "motherfucking douchebag" cannot even apply to "creator of the universe;" but it sure seems to label the theist pretty well.

But then again, there's another problem with me. I have seen Void, and embraced it. I can hardly wait to end. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Non insulting ways of messing with theists? Shadow Fox 8 183 11-07-2014 11:39 AM
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear WindyCityJazz 36 774 02-07-2014 03:16 PM
Last Post: TarzanSmith
  Yes, Atheists Should Be Patient With Theists, But We Also Have The Right To Get Angry WindyCityJazz 19 422 23-06-2014 08:17 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
Tongue Fuck off Theists, we have already won: sporehux 6 147 13-06-2014 02:28 AM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  The gods and super natural evidence thread Leo 22 455 03-06-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Why are theists unable to think critically about their beliefs? give me moon rocks 21 367 25-05-2014 10:23 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  A question for theists and atheists alike. Shadow Fox 28 442 24-05-2014 11:29 AM
Last Post: evenheathen