The god argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: The god argument.
@ Egor

When I used to be a christian just like you... no, not like you. I would have been thoroughly ashamed to be associated with you. But when I used to be a christian and I found people who were on a certain path to damnation, that made me feel pity. It gave me a tremendous discomfort, sorrow and a great wish to do everything in my power to prevent such a terrible outcome. When I failed to help them, I saw it as my own failure. I prayed as hard as I could for more wisdom and for god to succeed where I had failed. Not that people see that I was right and they were wrong. I just wanted them to be saved.

You, on the other hand, see god's wrath as means to avenge your failures. You take satisfaction at the fact that we're not listening to you and you're not getting through to us, but at least we'll burn in hell and then we'll see that YOU were right and boy, will we be wishing that we had listened to that Egor guy from the forum. Fuck you very much for that. You are scum. I judge you by your own standards and I find you guilty and if your god were real, he would find you guilty too.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I am always amazed when theists try to tackle the god argument because they are talking about a being they have never seen, met or experienced physically on this world.

Also as well from the first word their argument is flawed simply because they are human. Humans are imperfect, god is supposed to be this perfect being. How can something imperfect try and argue for or describe something that is perfect?

You also have the three "omnis" as well - omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence. They all contradict each other and these are supposed to be the great building blocks of this god. (Even though not one of these are mentioned in the bible by the way!)

http://britishfemaleatheist.wordpress.com/

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes Stefania's post
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
(05-01-2012 05:59 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 12:27 AM)Egor Wrote:  I know your heart. I can read it right here in the lines of your text.

Egor is Jesus! I see the light!

He has beaten us with his infallible logic and insults.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
(03-01-2012 05:16 PM)Ben Wrote:  Yup. If you enjoy enraging/torturing yourself, just listen to one of William Lane Craig's debates.

Yeah I can't stand to listen to him in the debates. He annoys me to no end. I usually skip to the atheist's arguments because Craig's are all the same thing over and over and over.

I would say he stuck his fingers in his ear when someone was debating but it would be more precise to say he stuck his finger in his ass because that's where his head is.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
(05-01-2012 01:58 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 05:16 PM)Ben Wrote:  Yup. If you enjoy enraging/torturing yourself, just listen to one of William Lane Craig's debates.

Yeah I can't stand to listen to him in the debates. He annoys me to no end. I usually skip to the atheist's arguments because Craig's are all the same thing over and over and over.

I would say he stuck his fingers in his ear when someone was debating but it would be more precise to say he stuck his finger in his ass because that's where his head is.

Tonight I am going to be arguing two main contentions. 1: that there is no evidence that Atheism is true blah blah blah *weird long thumb bent hand gesture*
[+] 2 users Like scientician's post
05-01-2012, 03:33 PM
(05-01-2012 12:27 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Nobody made me an atheist. I had no idea who Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Dennett, and all the others were. My own religion (which, btw, is the same as yours) made me an atheist against my will.
You’re pathetic. And you’re a liar. You wanted to get away from religion. You have some deviancy you want to live out. <blah>Instead you decided it would be easier if there were no God to get in your way.
This man is the most honest person I know on this planet. You don't know shit about him! He did not want to get away from religion, if you had actually read and understood his post you would know that. He was fighting to stay in that religion! But maybe your delusion and anger doesn't let you process information if it comes from someone who does not share your delusion.

Quote:I thought I was the only one on this planet who has too many questions in his head and I only ran into idiots like you who didn't and continue not to have any bit of good answers to make my questions go away.
<blah> I know your heart. I can read it right here in the lines of your text.
And again, you know shit about him! You know his heart my ass. You think you can judge what person he is by filtering everything he says through your tiny, disfunctional, delusional, angry, judgemental brain?

Quote:I had been an atheist for quite some time before I even realized that I fit the definition and I'm not alone. By that time I only accepted that, as much as I loathed the word "atheist", that's what I am
<blah> You may finally decide that you are, in fact, a sinner and need God to forgive you. <blah>
I will take care that he does not fall back into that shit!

Quote:<stuff Ego R ignored> You are a disgrace to your own god and to the human race. Look at yourself in a mirror and think really hard if a just and loving god would want anything to do with someone like you.
<blah> So, not an atheist after all. Just a rebellious creation that in the end God will have no use for. You only have so much time, you know? Just like all of us. If you enter eternity an atheist, you get hell.
And so what if you hate my guts. You hate God, too. So much for your opinion.
Read it again "you are a disgrace to your own god" but yeah... tiny brain and stuff, mentioned that already.
And I am very sure that he does not hate God, he simply does not believe in it, that is not the same. Think about it if you can.

So long ....

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
(05-01-2012 12:27 AM)Egor Wrote:  If you enter eternity an atheist, you get hell.

Dood, that's my kingdom. I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet; four years later the voice of god offered me this crown, I took it this October. You can call me Lucifer. Man of Lawlessness, Son of Man; atheist, or you can call me not at all.

I don't hate you, i love you; and YHWH is right here. Beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all.

^see that? What need, religion; say all need be said, in a single post. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]