The gods and super natural evidence thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: The gods and super natural evidence thread
(03-06-2014 12:12 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  But that doesn't work either. If it doesn't leave evidence, that says it doesn't interact.

How is that different from being non-existent?

You're basing your view on what you observe in the natural world. The supernatural, by etymological definition, can break the laws of the natural. In other words, it can interact without leaving evidence. "How?", you may ask? Why... magic, of course! Thumbsup Tongue Angel
At least that (the last part) is what it looks like to everyone who doesn't buy this bullshit. To those who believe in the supernatural, it's 100% logical and rational.

Ummm, no it's not. If it has any effect then the effect alone is evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
(03-06-2014 12:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ummm, no it's not. If it has any effect then the effect alone is evidence.

...Did you miss the part about it being bullshit to anyone who doesn't believe in the supernatural? I'm just restating what those who believe in the supernatural say. I don't believe it myself. As you say here, the result of the interaction is, in itself, evidence for interaction having occurred. To say that something can interact, but not leave behind evidence - not even the result of the interaction itself - is stupid.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2014, 01:04 PM
(03-06-2014 12:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 12:12 PM)One Above All Wrote:  You're basing your view on what you observe in the natural world. The supernatural, by etymological definition, can break the laws of the natural. In other words, it can interact without leaving evidence. "How?", you may ask? Why... magic, of course! Thumbsup Tongue Angel
At least that (the last part) is what it looks like to everyone who doesn't buy this bullshit. To those who believe in the supernatural, it's 100% logical and rational.

Ummm, no it's not. If it has any effect then the effect alone is evidence.

Loves me some magic. Even If it's only to annoy Chazzz.
[Image: green+faced+witch.gif]
Tongue

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user