The gospels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2010, 10:45 AM
The gospels
Fundamentalist christians love to get on our site and make us laugh at their poor attempts to prove God. Anyway here is another fact that I have been educated about. The Gospels were never inspired by God. There is debate over which was written first, the second, and so on. Scholars believe that Mark was written first using a source that was not found of course. Then Matt and Luke came after him. Both Matt and Luke used Mark as a source, another common source, then a different third source that each of them used. The writting styles and other key factors is what led scholars to believe this to be true. I learned this at college. My sources are good, and known. Ehrman is the author of the textbook that I learned this from. Also, keep in mind that the gospels were biographers. Biographers of that time never said what actually happened but rather what one could get out of it. All in all, Jesus was not a miracle worker, and the better question is whether or not he even existed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2010, 11:01 AM

RE: The gospels
(18-04-2010 10:45 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Fundamentalist christians love to get on our site and make us laugh at their poor attempts to prove God. Anyway here is another fact that I have been educated about. The Gospels were never inspired by God. There is debate over which was written first, the second, and so on. Scholars believe that Mark was written first using a source that was not found of course. Then Matt and Luke came after him. Both Matt and Luke used Mark as a source, another common source, then a different third source that each of them used. The writting styles and other key factors is what led scholars to believe this to be true. I learned this at college. My sources are good, and known. Ehrman is the author of the textbook that I learned this from. Also, keep in mind that the gospels were biographers. Biographers of that time never said what actually happened but rather what one could get out of it. All in all, Jesus was not a miracle worker, and the better question is whether or not he even existed.

Hello Omega,

I keep this handy on my server: Zeitgeist part 1: Religion
Quote this message in a reply