The great josephus interpolation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: The great josephus interpolation
(14-09-2014 07:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The Saxons couldn't read or write and the NT was in Latin. They were Arian Christians who did not believe in the Trinity. This poem shows that they saw themselves as having a religion prior to Jesus which venerated the Tau or Tree of Life.

The real problem you have is that Armenians adopted Christianity in the first century and were being persecuted by 110AD. It is ridiculous to suggest that people who lived only hundreds of miles away from Jerusalem, traveled there, lived there, didn't know that Jesus was just some kind of hoax. This is like people today being unable to discern that Mao or Hitler weren't real people. It's just asinine reasoning which begins with what you want to be your conclusion and then taking an eraser and trying to rub out what you don't like. A billion Muslims view Jesus as a human "prophet" figure, Jews wrote of him as a person. As of 110 AD people were being persecuted for following him and it is impossible to prove that they had any access at all to any of the Gnostic gospels or that they could have read them.

Not a shred of documentation or support. Therefore your crap is dismissed. I do realize I annoy you, as your unsupported crap is pointed out as such. Too bad. They would have had no way to verify if something were true or not. Your dot-connecting is rife with Presentism, (something you would have learned about, as would Ellis, if either of you had actually gone to school, and had to deal with REAL scholars, and how they work).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentism

(14-09-2014 07:33 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  BB, I have to say you are one of the most narrow minded thinkers on this site. You have not once addressed the points that Ralph Ellis raises which singles you out as a dogmatist just like the people you constantly attack. It may be possible to get away with insulting people for their views on an internet forum, a medium famous for mindlessness and bullying, but it doesn't wash in the real world or academia to suggest that you can comment on a position when you haven't even read the book.

Hahahahahaha. *As if* either you or he knew ANYTHING about what actually goes on in academia. LMFAO. He constantly attacks it. He could care less what goes on there, and you know nothing about it, or how they work, obviously. You are thought of as the nut-bag you are here, Mr -5. YOU are responsible for your crap reputation, as he is. YOU are where you are, because of YOURSELF. Don't blame me, idiot. Ellis doesn't care about me, and YOU don't care about academia. And no one here cares about your idiot dot-connecting and crazy unsupported speculations.

(14-09-2014 07:33 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  There's no record of any gospel mentioning Jesus before 67 AD in any work I have ever read. Just surmises and "suggestions". So, within 30 years or so people were being persecuted in the name of this person who they, according to some on this forum, think was a complete "myth". The NT is undoubtedly a ficionalization so how on earth can any one focus on the date of it's supposed setting as being any more true than the miracles in it. It's like saying that the kid JK Rowling based Harry Potter on couldn't possibly have been a neighbour's child because the book was set 30 years earlier. If you can't deal with this particular issues, god knows how you are gong to get through a dissertation.

Really ? You can't even spell "fictionalization", and you preach about it ? Right.
The persecutions were a myth, (which you would know if you ever really went to school). http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Persecution-C...ersecution
Your logic is so ludicrous it's not even worth wasting time addressing. I'll worry about my dissertation, fucktard. It's been approved, and well underway. You might do better to worry about your own idiocy. You have nothing to offer me. How about just getting lost, and staying lost, like you keep promising, but never do ? Go fuck yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-09-2014, 09:02 AM
You really are a clown. My "crap" is "dismissed". Judges dismiss cases and arguments. You aren't the judge so you can't dismiss anything. You can only put a counter argument.

Or maybe, hey... I dismiss your crap, Bucky Ball!! Yes, it worked. Everything you have ever written on this forum has just been dismissed.

Learn some grammar you twit.
14-09-2014, 09:08 AM
(14-09-2014 09:02 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You really are a clown. My "crap" is "dismissed". Judges dismiss cases and arguments. You aren't the judge so you can't dismiss anything. You can only put a counter argument.

Or maybe, hey... I dismiss your crap, Bucky Ball!! Yes, it worked. Everything you have ever written on this forum has just been dismissed.

Only by you, dear. Only by you.

And 'dismiss' is grammatically correct, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Therefore your crap is dismissed.

~~ Ungramatical and meaningless.

I do realize I annoy you, as your unsupported crap is pointed out as such.

~~Very poor grammar. The sentence is almost unintelligiable. Should be something like "I know that I annoy you by pointing out that your arguments are unsupported crap".

Too bad. They would have had no way to verify if something were true or not.

~~A non sequitur. What's too bad? Then a nonsense sentence. Who are "they"? It should read "Without referencing your posts, it is not possible to verify the truth of your posts.

Your dot-connecting is rife with Presentism, (something you would have learned about, as would Ellis, if either of you had actually gone to school, and had to deal with REAL scholars, and how they work).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentism

~~~ Sorry Bucky, I am afraid you have got that wrong. It's you who engages in Presentism not me or Ellis. You judge Ellis' book without reading it so, first of all, you can't even say he engages in Presentism. I've read it and he doesn't engage in Presentism. He uses sources as close in time to the events as possible and where he makes reference to present events, he only does so because he is pointing out how history leaves a legacy or to criticize certain dogmas, which he is entitled to do. My making reference to the Saxons is entirely relevant. Someone made the argument that the Saxons had Christianity forced on them by the Romans but that is nonsense because the Romans didn't conquer the Frankish tribes, which is why they are called Franks, which means they are "free" from the Romans. They converted under Charlemagne when he had 4500 of them beheaded.

Hahahahahaha. *As if* either you or he knew ANYTHING about what actually goes on in academia. LMFAO.

~~~ Is that like SMD? I this "Harvard talk"? Are you going to incorporate these sorts of newspeak into your dissertation?

He constantly attacks it. He could care less what goes on there, and you know nothing about it, or how they work, obviously. You are thought of as the nut-bag you are here, Mr -5. YOU are responsible for your crap reputation, as he is. YOU are where you are, because of YOURSELF. Don't blame me, idiot. Ellis doesn't care about me, and YOU don't care about academia. And no one here cares about your idiot dot-connecting and crazy unsupported speculations.

~~~Deary me Bucky Boy. Don't go getting all hyperventilated about this. Just because you can't answer key questions about who Jesus was without turning into some kind of demon possessed 13 year old with potty mouth. Take a year out, sit on a beach, read all of Ellis's books, and Atwill. It's the best thing you could do for yourself because your Thesis is going to be out ofdate as soon as it hits the table. John Orloff will write a script about Jesus of Gamala and Emmerlich will make it into a block buster and you'll look like a doofus who spent a couple of years writing some anally retentive treatise on Judaic interpolation which no one will ever read.

Really ? You can't even spell "fictionalization", and you preach about it ? Right.

~~~Hmmm. this is getting bad. Bucky, it's a typo...get over it. And I "preach" about it. I'm not preaching about anything Bucky old boy. I'm an atheist so I just think that Jesus didn't do miracles. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

The persecutions were a myth, (which you would know if you ever really went to school). http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Persecution-C...ersecution

~~~Yes, Bucky, I have read the book. But that doesn't mean that there weren't Christians in Armenia in 110AD.

Your logic is so ludicrous it's not even worth wasting time addressing.

~~~So don't. I have no problem with that. I haven't read one post of yours which actually addresses the issues raised by Ellis or Atwill about the dating of the Jesus story being 35 years out.

I'll worry about my dissertation, fucktard.

~~~I would worry. Just think....as you are trying to concentrate on some detail of it which you need to get just right, RALPH ELLIS....

It's been approved, and well underway.

~~~~Stop, go back, start again. You need to get it right. READ ELLIS!

You might do better to worry about your own idiocy. You have nothing to offer me. How about just getting lost, and staying lost, like you keep promising, but never do ? Go fuck yourself.

~~~Don't you love me anymore?
14-09-2014, 09:54 AM
No Chas, the use of "dismiss" is incorrect in this case. Yes, Bucky can dismiss what I say. He can't say that it is "dismissed". That is an incorrect usage of the word. Who is he saying is dismissing it?

Think about it. You'll find I'm right.
14-09-2014, 09:56 AM
(14-09-2014 09:02 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Or maybe, hey... I dismiss your crap, Bucky Ball!! Yes, it worked. Everything you have ever written on this forum has just been dismissed.

A deal. After you learn to spell. Fool.

The people who frequent TTA, Mr. -5, judge what they read.
You have been judged an idiot.
If I am dismissed by you, it's a positive sign, (for me). It's a good thing. Thumbsup
If and when I need any advice from the *Imaginary Dot Connecting 'Ficion' Department*, dear, I'll be sure and ask.

Now get lost, as you promised, again and again. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-09-2014, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 10:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-09-2014 09:54 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  No Chas, the use of "dismiss" is incorrect in this case. Yes, Bucky can dismiss what I say. He can't say that it is "dismissed". That is an incorrect usage of the word. Who is he saying is dismissing it?

Think about it. You'll find I'm right.

You are dismissed. It is dismissed. Thinking about it is not going to help you learn English. The use of "dismissed" in nowhere relegated ONLY to use by judges. Anyone can dismiss anything, idiot, (not unlike your crap).

[dis-mis]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

verb (used with object)
to direct (an assembly of persons) to disperse or go:
I dismissed the class early.
to bid or allow (a person) to go; give permission or a request to depart.
to discharge or remove, as from office or service:
to dismiss an employee.
to discard or reject:
to dismiss a suitor.

to put off or away, especially from consideration; put aside; reject:
She dismissed the story as mere rumor.
to have done with (a subject) after summary treatment:
After a perfunctory discussion, he dismissed the idea.
Law. to put out of court, as a complaint or appeal.

Classes are "dismissed". Cases are "dismissed". Crap is "dismissed". You are dismissed.

So, nice try, dear. You just failed again to deflect attention from yet another idiotic unsupported post. Are you on drugs ? Is that how you cook up your dot-connection shit ? On LSD trips ?

Now run along and play, and when you come in for a cookie, ask mommy to help you look up a "predicate adjective".
http://www.grammaruntied.com/?p=282

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-09-2014, 10:09 AM
(14-09-2014 09:54 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  No Chas, the use of "dismiss" is incorrect in this case. Yes, Bucky can dismiss what I say. He can't say that it is "dismissed". That is an incorrect usage of the word. Who is he saying is dismissing it?

Pretty much everyone here.

Quote:Think about it. You'll find I'm right.

Nope, you're not. Check a dictionary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2014, 11:13 AM
"Everyone here". That would be you and your dog, right?

I am right Chas. I don't need to check a dictionary.

"Dismiss" is a transitive verb or an adjective. Either he is saying that he "dismisses" it which would be fine. I can dismiss an argument. But to say that "it is dismissed" is just bad use of language. If I said that my argument was "accepted", the first thing he would say is "by whom?".

What he meant to say is that my argument is "crap", although that is slang and also poor use of language. Just saying "it is dismissed" is a actually a pronouncement which makes Bucky Ball sound like a bit of a psycho and a meglomaniac.

Which of course, he probably is.
14-09-2014, 11:29 AM
(14-09-2014 11:13 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  "Everyone here". That would be you and your dog, right?

I am right Chas. I don't need to check a dictionary.

"Dismiss" is a transitive verb or an adjective. Either he is saying that he "dismisses" it which would be fine. I can dismiss an argument. But to say that "it is dismissed" is just bad use of language. If I said that my argument was "accepted", the first thing he would say is "by whom?".

What he meant to say is that my argument is "crap", although that is slang and also poor use of language. Just saying "it is dismissed" is a actually a pronouncement which makes Bucky Ball sound like a bit of a psycho and a meglomaniac.

Which of course, he probably is.

And someone who can't spell fiction is now lecturing us on what is good language. I see. So, just like you "know" your crap without looking anything up, you "know" this to be wrong. By all means keep making a fool of yourself. I just linked you to "predicate adjective", so thanks for admitting you are wrong. It's a perfectly legitimate use of the language, which you would have discovered, had you chosen to actually look it up. But, true to form, you fantasize. You, idiot, don't get to tell ANYONE "what they meant to say". It IS a pronouncement. Everything you have ever said here is crap, and everyone here agrees. People who side with Ellis talking about psychos is REALLY REALLY humorous. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post