The group called Anonymous.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: The group called Anonymous.
Anonymous is an idea, a collective.

When I looked into it when it first sprang up it was touted as having no central leadership, where ideas of "activism" could be spread and people could share information and network through various means and share skillsets.

I imagine a lot of proceeds from the sale of the masks and/or licensing deals of them went straight into the coffers of Time Warner who produced the film "V for vendetta" where the idea was first introduced.

Of course I, you or anyone reading this can edit together an anonymous video by easily downloading video footage or making your own of a masked person. Recreating the classic anonymous voice is easy and superimposing a message over your created video can be easy.

That is the double edged sword though. Because anybody, any organisation, any intelligence service from anywhere could use it as a platform because anonymous is the boogeyman. Im not saying they have or that they will.... It is a loose ideology like the "war on drugs" or the "war on terror" which are loose descriptors of agendas for which multiple things can be brought under their umbrella.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-08-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: The group called Anonymous.
(09-08-2016 07:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 07:34 AM)cactus Wrote:  Oprah and her "Over 9000 penises" debacle.

Shocking What was Oprah doing with 9000 penises?

The better question is "what wasn't Oprah doing with 9000 penises.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post