The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(14-10-2015 03:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 03:35 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I run the Game Kings in several of my 308 rifles including the LR-308. Accuracy wise I can't tell much difference between them and the Match Kings. The thicker jacket is supposed to make them perform better when they hit something, but I wouldn't want to get shot with either of them.

An LR-308? I have the DPMS G2 Recon in 308. I plan on taking out some deer and hogs with it.
[Image: 4cbf2f038b985bd0ffa96b90769d0c1c.jpg]

I have an LR-308 with 18" bull barrel and a Pentax 3-9x scope. It's not a rifle to shoot offhand or carry very far; pretty hefty.

The AR-15 is also a DPMS.
[Image: 2EvilGuns.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(14-10-2015 03:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I have the DPMS G2 Recon in 308.

Here's mine. I couldn't tell you what it started off as other than DPMS.

[Image: DSC_0726_zpspviyqmxi.jpg]

Quote:I plan on taking out some deer and hogs with it.

Try the the Game Kings...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2015, 04:56 PM
(14-10-2015 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have an LR-308 with 18" bull barrel and a Pentax 3-9x scope. It's not a rifle to shoot offhand or carry very far; pretty hefty.

I used mine in a couple of 3 gun matches, and yes I was huffing and puffing by the time I got done.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
15-10-2015, 01:14 PM
(14-10-2015 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 03:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  One of my brothers lives in Maine; it's quite firearms friendly. No license except for concealed carry.

I love Maine. I definitely think I could be happy there. If money was no object, I would love to live in some remote out of the way place in Maine like my uncle lived in. But he was loaded lol. I work for a living, so yeah, kinda need to be in a city or at least close to one. I do like cities too though.

I also am thinking of Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI as possibilities. And of course, Boston, MA Tongue So I gotta check the gun laws out in those states too. Thumbsup

FYI, today Maine officially became a constitutional carry state, meaning you no longer have to get a concealed carry permit unless you want to have one to be able to carry in other states which are not constitutional carry but would recognize a permit from Maine.

Check out the video on this link. I tried to find it on youtube so I could embed it, but no luck.
The new Maine weapons laws: Here’s what you need to know

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-10-2015, 01:16 PM
(15-10-2015 01:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I love Maine. I definitely think I could be happy there. If money was no object, I would love to live in some remote out of the way place in Maine like my uncle lived in. But he was loaded lol. I work for a living, so yeah, kinda need to be in a city or at least close to one. I do like cities too though.

I also am thinking of Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI as possibilities. And of course, Boston, MA Tongue So I gotta check the gun laws out in those states too. Thumbsup

FYI, today Maine officially became a constitutional carry state, meaning you no longer have to get a concealed carry permit unless you want to have one to be able to carry in other states which are not constitutional carry but would recognize a permit from Maine.

Check out the video on this link. I tried to find it on youtube so I could embed it, but no luck.

Vermont style, eh???

Gotta love it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-10-2015, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 01:23 PM by yakherder.)
(15-10-2015 01:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 01:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  FYI, today Maine officially became a constitutional carry state, meaning you no longer have to get a concealed carry permit unless you want to have one to be able to carry in other states which are not constitutional carry but would recognize a permit from Maine.

Vermont style, eh???

Gotta love it.

Actually better than Vermont in that regards. On one hand, it's nice not having to worry about any of that stuff while in Vermont. The downside is that if I want to travel to a state that recognizes out of state CCW permits, I don't even have the option to get one in Vermont, and getting one in a state that I can't claim residence in can sometimes be tricky.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-10-2015, 01:22 PM
(15-10-2015 01:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 01:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Vermont style, eh???

Gotta love it.

Actually better than Vermont in that regards. On one hand, it's nice not having to worry about any of that stuff while in Vermont. The downside is that if I want to travel to a state that recognizes out of state CCW permits, I don't even have the option to get one in Vermont, and getting one in a state that I can't claim residence in can sometimes be tricky.

It might still work in other states...

I didn't have a cycle endorsement in Alaska -(not required in the late 70s- so when I was in California - I didn't need an endorsement -- even though the state did require their residents to have one......

Just depends how the state sets up it's laws.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-10-2015, 01:32 PM
On that note, yet another reason I'm anxious for summer to depart is that it's a hell of a lot easier to carry my Vector when dressed for winter Big Grin The stock folds and I can fit it in my carry pack, just barely, but carrying it on person during the summer is out of the question.

'Murican Canadian
15-10-2015, 01:34 PM
I need to stop procrastinating and pick up that VP9 I've had on my list.

'Murican Canadian
15-10-2015, 01:39 PM
(15-10-2015 01:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  On that note, yet another reason I'm anxious for summer to depart is that it's a hell of a lot easier to carry my Vector when dressed for winter Big Grin The stock folds and I can fit it in my carry pack, just barely, but carrying it on person during the summer is out of the question.

Same thing with my Keltec SU-16C...

I've had mine for years - so it was grandfathered as a pistol - when they changed the requirement... So it's still technically a "pistol" by Michigan state law -- so I can carry it concealed.... (used to tote it about in a violin case...)...

Big Grin