The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(09-11-2015 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm not a gun enthusiast but I am an owner of several shotguns. I don't hunt so the only purpose is home defense. This guy apparently has an excellent rep among gun enthusiasts. Shotguns good enough for my purposes?.

Nothing at all wrong with a shotgun for home defense, but I wouldn't want to use it as personal defense out in town and on travel. Big Grin If you are keeping it at home a shotgun is a fine choice.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2015, 05:17 AM
For at home defense, I prefer an arsenal.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-11-2015, 08:38 PM
(17-11-2015 05:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 03:24 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I ordered a new pistol today. It's a Sig P320 Carry in 45 ACP. I was handling the 9mm version in the store over the weekend, and it's the first striker type pistol that I've ever held that I didn't hate the trigger pull. The ordered has the night sights and will hold 10 plus 1 rounds of 230 grain gold Dots. If it shoots as well as it feels it may end up being my new carry gun. I've already got a Milt Sparks VM II holster for the P250 compact that it will fit in so no extra money there.

Pappy, this the split thread. You might want to post that in the original thread. Thumbsup

oops...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
18-11-2015, 02:07 AM
(17-11-2015 08:38 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 05:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Pappy, this the split thread. You might want to post that in the original thread. Thumbsup

oops...

Looks good. I've been carrying a Sig P239 in 9mm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2015, 06:31 AM
I believe the 320 is Sig's first striker fired weapon. From what I could tell handling it in the shop they sure got it right the first time.

18-11-2015, 06:34 AM
I like striker fired... It's a lot like handling a revolver... If you get a "dud" round (light strike)- under stress your first instinct is to pull the trigger again -- and as you know - that frequently works and the gun fires....... Not a bad feature.....

For self defense you don't need a match grade trigger. You're just trying to hit the damned target, not ring up high scores..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Why was this enthusiasts thread split? Steve? Explain please. In a PM if need be.

Guns are just tools. Americans, many it seems, seem to think they are penis extensions. They are not. However, they are great for hunting game.

Machine guns, not so much. A rabbit shot by an AK47 probably is not worth skinning and roasting. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 07:14 AM by Popeye's Pappy.)
(18-11-2015 06:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I like striker fired... It's a lot like handling a revolver... If you get a "dud" round (light strike)- under stress your first instinct is to pull the trigger again -- and as you know - that frequently works and the gun fires....... Not a bad feature.....

For self defense you don't need a match grade trigger. You're just trying to hit the damned target, not ring up high scores..

I came up with double action revolvers and single action pistols. I think as a result of that of that I hate a Glock. I had a model 23 for a while, but got rid of it. I of a very few guns I've owned and not kept. I tried to like it but never could get use to the damn feel of the trigger. I've shot some other striker fired guns like Sigs and M&Ps, but just didn't like the feel. The 320 has a whole different feel for me. It's more like a 1911 or HiPower than a Glock. One thing I am worried about is the 320 I bought does not have the trigger safety you see on a lot of other striker fired weapons. I understand you can get them with the trigger safety, but the one I ordered doesn't have one. That causes me some concern about unintentional discharges...

18-11-2015, 07:19 AM
(18-11-2015 07:11 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 06:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I like striker fired... It's a lot like handling a revolver... If you get a "dud" round (light strike)- under stress your first instinct is to pull the trigger again -- and as you know - that frequently works and the gun fires....... Not a bad feature.....

I came up with double action revolvers and single action pistols. I think as a result of that of that I hate a Glock. I had a model 23 for a while, but got rid of it. I of a very few guns I've owned and not kept. I tried to like it but never could get use to the damn feel of the trigger. I've shot some other striker fired guns like Sigs and M&Ps, but just didn't like the feel. The 320 has a whole different feel for me. It's more like a 1911 or HiPower than a Glock. One thing I am worried about is the 320 I bought does not have the trigger safety you see on a lot of other striker fired weapons. I understand you can get them with the trigger safety, but the one I ordered doesn't have one. That causes me some concern about unintentional discharges...

With an unloaded weapon -- practice drawing from your holster -- with your trigger finger on the frame above the trigger.......... Do it a couple thousand times (seriously) till it becomes ingrained.....

I did it yesterday - when I drew my revolver on a buck that snuck up on me.... I was very pleased with myself to find my finger along the frame, and not on the trigger.......

18-11-2015, 07:20 AM
(18-11-2015 06:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Why was this enthusiasts thread split? Steve? Explain please. In a PM if need be.

Guns are just tools. Americans, many it seems, seem to think they are penis extensions. They are not. However, they are great for hunting game.

Machine guns, not so much. A rabbit shot by an AK47 probably is not worth skinning and roasting. Smile

It was split to give people a place to talk about guns without having to wade through multiple posts by penisless munchkins from Oz.

No, an AK47 is not a great tool for hunting rabbit for food. It's a passable tool for hunting feral pigs though. Although I prefer the more powerful 308 for that task. Better yet a good old 45-70 lever gun.