The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
I can't even imagine how much .50 cal I burned through this past week. Even if I could legally own an M2 I wouldn't be able to afford to use it more than a couple minutes per year.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-06-2015, 08:14 AM
[Image: czX74AU.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
29-06-2015, 08:18 AM
(28-06-2015 10:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 10:07 PM)yakherder Wrote:  One time I was a kid I was attacked by a pissed off wild turkey AFTER shooting it with a slingshot Tongue

Are you sure it wasn't some pissed off guy with a bottle of booze??

[Image: bottle-wild-turkey_81bourbon.jpg]

I prefer 101 and a .45 - Not at the same time obviously but there it is. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
29-06-2015, 08:49 AM
(29-06-2015 08:18 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 10:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you sure it wasn't some pissed off guy with a bottle of booze??

[Image: bottle-wild-turkey_81bourbon.jpg]

I prefer 101 and a .45 - Not at the same time obviously but there it is. Drinking Beverage

The year was 1973 I believe. I was only allowed to use those three guns. The .303 stopped it in its tracks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 09:04 AM
(29-06-2015 08:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:18 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I prefer 101 and a .45 - Not at the same time obviously but there it is. Drinking Beverage

The year was 1973 I believe. I was only allowed to use those three guns. The .303 stopped it in its tracks. Smile

As a .303 would.

I prefer .308 for a rifle.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-06-2015, 09:23 AM
(29-06-2015 09:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The year was 1973 I believe. I was only allowed to use those three guns. The .303 stopped it in its tracks. Smile

As a .303 would.

Never fired one. I also used a gun from the Boer war, but cannot remember what it was called. The guy I worked for had a large gun cabinet.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 09:51 AM
About time someone started one of these. I'm originally from the south and although I don't like the majority of the things that come from there the love of guns rubbed off. Deep down I'm country as hell but just not a dumbed down idiot. Anyway, GUNS.

Thanks to the lovely state of maryland and their very strict laws(it's not bad if you become a collector like I have) it is kind of frowned upon to have a decent sized arsenal.

I currently have a remington 783 30-06, Ruger p22. 22. Those are what I have here while I'm working on getting my weapons from my parents house in mississippi.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
29-06-2015, 12:15 PM
(29-06-2015 09:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  As a .303 would.

Never fired one. I also used a gun from the Boer war, but cannot remember what it was called. The guy I worked for had a large gun cabinet.

Might have been a Lee-Enfield, a Martini-Henry, a Mauser, or a Krag.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2015, 12:16 PM
(29-06-2015 09:51 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  About time someone started one of these. I'm originally from the south and although I don't like the majority of the things that come from there the love of guns rubbed off. Deep down I'm country as hell but just not a dumbed down idiot. Anyway, GUNS.

Thanks to the lovely state of maryland and their very strict laws(it's not bad if you become a collector like I have) it is kind of frowned upon to have a decent sized arsenal.

I currently have a remington 783 30-06, Ruger p22. 22. Those are what I have here while I'm working on getting my weapons from my parents house in mississippi.

We have started a couple of these. It never goes well. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2015, 12:32 PM
I went to work for a custom rifle builder when I was 16. I actually started shooting when I was 5 so I've been at it for 63 years. My mother was a competitive handgun shooter and she got me started with handguns when I was 5. Ultimately, I developed a fondness for wildcatting rifle cartridges and I still do that a little bit today. I think I have about 70 rifles and probably ten or so are wildcats. I also have about 30 handguns and there was a period of a few years when most of my big game hunting was done with handguns. These days I still hunt, with rifles, but most of my shooting is done at paper targets out to 1,000 yards from a bench rest where I can sit down without working up a sweat.

My horse and I MAY hunt elk again this year. He loves to go hunting and there is a nice elk herd about a mile from my ranch in the national forest. However, even with my horse's help, moving an 800-900 pound elk [cut into quarters] off the mountain to my truck is exhausting work.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post