The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
Keanu doing a little 3 gun. Still training with Taran for John Wick 2.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Tacticool light mount. Things have come a long way Tongue

[Image: jzCLYEr.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
09-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Not quite gun related, but I don't feel like making a new thread just for it Tongue

After talking with a few people about the best bow to get a kid started on, and in preparation for the weather starting to warm up and hopefully making a few trips out to the new property up in the sticks, I just ordered this for my 4 year old.

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Atomic-Pac...B0083IPQLO
[Image: dBhSE3S.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
09-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Bought a used Ruger Security Six, 4" barrel, .357 Mag. today at the local gun store.
I ordered Hogue grips for it. The stock wood grips are good looking, but not comfortable with my smallish hands.

Parts for a second AR build will be arriving from various sources over the next week.
Pictures to follow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-04-2016, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 11:34 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-03-2016 10:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Keanu doing a little 3 gun. Still training with Taran for John Wick 2.

That's one of the reasons why John Wick was awesome, and why the sequel will hopefully be just as cool. There was that feeling of authenticity, no matter how crazy the fights got. John was a man of singular drive and skill, but he wasn't superhuman or otherwise outside the realm of possibility.

Fuck, I loved John Wick.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-04-2016, 07:07 AM
(09-04-2016 11:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Bought a used Ruger Security Six, 4" barrel, .357 Mag. today at the local gun store.

A 2-3/4" Security Six was the first handgun I ever bought. I picked it up in 1980 at K-Mart after I graduated from high school. I've still got it, and it is in pristine condition despite a good bit of use. It's probably worth 2 or 3 times what I paid for it.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
10-04-2016, 08:09 AM
(09-04-2016 11:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Bought a used Ruger Security Six, 4" barrel, .357 Mag. today at the local gun store.
I ordered Hogue grips for it. The stock wood grips are good looking, but not comfortable with my smallish hands.

Parts for a second AR build will be arriving from various sources over the next week.
Pictures to follow.

The Hogues take the bite out of "Elmer Keith" rounds.....

Also -- you might consider investing in the Crimson Trace lasergrips. They're very similar to the Houges in size and feel.

I have a set on my 331 Smith -- and they've been carried daily for 14 years or so --- and they've got awesome battery life - and tremendous reliability.

Plus - they make the bullet go in the right hole...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-04-2016, 05:32 PM
(10-04-2016 08:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Pictures to follow.

The Hogues take the bite out of "Elmer Keith" rounds.....

Also -- you might consider investing in the Crimson Trace lasergrips. They're very similar to the Houges in size and feel.

I have a set on my 331 Smith -- and they've been carried daily for 14 years or so --- and they've got awesome battery life - and tremendous reliability.

Plus - they make the bullet go in the right hole...

Big Grin

They make them for the SP-101 but not for the Security Six.
I had LaserGrips on my GP100, but I sold that gun (and kept the grips).

The grips will go on my .327 Fed. Magnum GP100, when I find one.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 04:08 PM
ClapClapClap I want!

Flower Shell Lets You Plant Seeds Using a 12-Gauge Shotgun

Gardening just became awesome. And I can be like "Get of my lawn, or I'm planting the flowers up the hole that makes free fertilizer!"

[Image: flower-shell.jpg?w=750]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Pictures to follow.

I have not handled the Security Six so I can't comment on it. I own a Smith and Wesson 686 Plus which is a VERY nice wheel gun and bantam weight hand cannon.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade